NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
07B5FD7F B95B 4293 A6E8 CE901671ED1F

It was a shameful use of a very good quality player. I'm absolutely stoked to see the stats 100% support the stone cold hard facts, RK was outstanding for us without standing out!

Well, the 'experts' on here should put their hands up and tell us they might look back over the season with fresh eyes.

Disciplined, hard working, efficient, professional. Pretty damn good player we abused all year long.

FFS !
Compare apples with apples . Told you this several times but you continue to ignore .
Coming on with the game already played out is not the same as starting . More pressure and much higher pace .

But just go on believing your version of things . It seems to make you happy .

Ahh yes, the one coach a squad that is clearly divided in a big way on a personal level needs is.....Anthony Seibold lmao

Good luck Manly. You're gonna need it.

Ahh yes, the one coach a squad that is clearly divided in a big way on a personal level needs is.....Anthony Seibold lmao

Good luck Manly. You're gonna need it.
If he’s in with dce, he’ll get a couple of years.

He might do a decent job because he won't have Wayne in his head like he had here.

Yeah, but sounds like the Manly split with Hasler could be just as messy as ours was with Wayne.

Hasler reportedly has a similar succession plan that Wayne did. He has identified Hannay as his long term successor. he wants to work closely with Hannay before he becomes head coach in 2025, which would grant Hasler a 12 month extension.

the Manly hierarchy are understood to want Seibold as the clubs long term coach, possibly as an assistant first. If Hasler resists then Seibold may be appointed immediately.

the only real difference is that DCE and the Turbos have worked under Seibold previously (he was a former Manly assistant coach)

the report also says that if the Hasler situation continues, then Seibold could be parachuted into the top job as early as this month.

FFS !
Compare apples with apples . Told you this several times but you continue to ignore .
Coming on with the game already played out is not the same as starting . More pressure and much higher pace .

But just go on believing your version of things . It seems to make you happy .
Mmmm, apparently you haven't seen what I've seen🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Let's wait until next year for the 'Huge was absolutely right' admissions from multiple posters.

There exists an independent analysis of the competition. No doubt you will have to change your tune. Unlikely because doing so will, at least in your mind, make you look weak but others would probably admire you when, if you do.

the report also says that if the Hasler situation continues, then Seibold could be parachuted into the top job as early as this month.
This fascination with recycling failed coaches is a weird one. I don't get it...

It's very corporate in a way.... go with a known name as when they fail you aren't going to look stupid.. or I am missing another reason? Just seems weird.

Is there any club in the top 8 this year that has a back office in shambles!? Seems like all the clubs with infighting and disorganized management are in the bottom 8 which is not surprising.

so the NRL are reportedly discussing a rookie draft with the RLPA.

also in order to prevent the Panthers squad from being broken up due to back-to-back premierships, they are also discussing salary cap dispensation for junior development.

Rookie Draft
  • Has the backing of some clubs where junior players are distributed among clubs
  • No appetite exists for an internal draft for players with a top-30 contract

Penrith District Rugby League chief executive Matt Cameron said.

“There’s a couple of different ways you could do it (draft) and the big thing for us is … I don’t think you could go to a full draft like in the American college system … but fundamentally, we’re happy to do work in development as long as we have the opportunity to keep the players we want to keep before anyone else has a crack at them,

Vlandys says:

“There’s no support for a draft, not so much a rookie draft, and there is probably a difference between the two,” V’landys said. “Nonetheless, it is in discussion at the moment.

“It is certainly a talking point we are having with them.”

“Nothing is too hard. If you put your mind to it, you can achieve it,” V’landys said.

“If we believe it’s in the best interest in the game, we will always pursue it no matter how hard the process might be.

“We’ve proven that because we made a lot of hard decisions over the Covid period.

“Anything that makes the system work better is on the table. But whatever that is, it has to satisfy the fans, the clubs and the players. Everyone has got to be happy with it, whatever path we go down.

“We are still looking at ways of improving the system.”

Junior Development Incentive
  • The longer a player has been in a club’s pathway, starting at the Harold Matthews level, before signing an NRL deal, the greater cap support the club would receive.
  • The dispensation portion of the player’s salary would not be included in the cap.
p.s. what's the Harold Matthews equivalent in QLD ... and how would this work given the QLD clubs don't enter clubs in the QRL comps

WWOS reporting that 27 of the Dragons top 30 missed the clubs awards night (most of the NRLW squad attended)

Ben Hunt (player of the year); Zac Lomax and Michael Molo were the only players who attended.

Attendance is a condition of employment for most clubs in the NRL, although the Dragons confirmed it is not with them.

The Dragons tried to play this down, saying it was a scheduling mishap.

"We had to wait until the completion of the NRLW season to make sure everyone had the opportunity to celebrate their seasons," Dragons chief executive Ryan Webb said.

"When you do this it meant our men's team were three to four weeks into their leave period so many had gone on their holidays. It's a tricky situation for a lot of clubs with both NRL and NRLW teams will have to work out a solution for."

A draft like that would work if the NRL took control of every clubs development and then handed them out.

Otherwise it will be a draft for everyone's dead weight.

A draft like that would work if the NRL took control of every clubs development and then handed them out.

Otherwise it will be a draft for everyone's dead weight.

you know it wouldn't be hard at all to figure out which clubs would support a rookie draft and which clubs wouldn't

you know it wouldn't be hard at all to figure out which clubs would support a rookie draft and which clubs wouldn't
The same teams that are heavily favoured by the staff salary cap.

so the NRL are reportedly discussing a rookie draft with the RLPA.

also in order to prevent the Panthers squad from being broken up due to back-to-back premierships, they are also discussing salary cap dispensation for junior development.

Rookie Draft
  • Has the backing of some clubs where junior players are distributed among clubs
  • No appetite exists for an internal draft for players with a top-30 contract

Penrith District Rugby League chief executive Matt Cameron said.

“There’s a couple of different ways you could do it (draft) and the big thing for us is … I don’t think you could go to a full draft like in the American college system … but fundamentally, we’re happy to do work in development as long as we have the opportunity to keep the players we want to keep before anyone else has a crack at them,

Vlandys says:

“There’s no support for a draft, not so much a rookie draft, and there is probably a difference between the two,” V’landys said. “Nonetheless, it is in discussion at the moment.

“It is certainly a talking point we are having with them.”

“Nothing is too hard. If you put your mind to it, you can achieve it,” V’landys said.

“If we believe it’s in the best interest in the game, we will always pursue it no matter how hard the process might be.

“We’ve proven that because we made a lot of hard decisions over the Covid period.

“Anything that makes the system work better is on the table. But whatever that is, it has to satisfy the fans, the clubs and the players. Everyone has got to be happy with it, whatever path we go down.

“We are still looking at ways of improving the system.”

Junior Development Incentive
  • The longer a player has been in a club’s pathway, starting at the Harold Matthews level, before signing an NRL deal, the greater cap support the club would receive.
  • The dispensation portion of the player’s salary would not be included in the cap.
p.s. what's the Harold Matthews equivalent in QLD ... and how would this work given the QLD clubs don't enter clubs in the QRL comps

Cyril Cup. Lots of boys play Cyril and have deals with Queensland NRL clubs- Oloapu is a great example played Cyril last year under a Broncos contract.

Des Hasler is reportedly considering suing Manly for “compromising his ability to fulfil his contractual obligations”.

the SMH (via Fox Sports) is reporting that the $1 million lawsuit could rest on whether he receives a contract extension for the 2024 season.

in other news it sounds like Josh Hannay isn't to interested in coaching Manly. he told the SMH:

“I’ve got no doubt I’m ready [to be a head coach] and I say that with all due respect to the position,”

“I don’t underestimate the challenge of being a head coach, I’ve had a taste of it with my interim roles. I feel I’m a well-rounded coach and I’m certainly ready for that opportunity.

“At the same token I’m not desperate, I won’t just jump at the first opportunity that comes along. I want to make sure the fit feels right because I couldn’t be happier with where I’m at with Cronulla. I’d be loath to leave the good situation I’m currently in to jump into something that’s potentially unstable.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Brocko
  • Skathen
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.