NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Don V's way of saying "you aren't irreplaceable" to the players, a response to the RLPA saying that a player strike would not be ideal, but not out of the question.
Yeah I'm not sure that would fly with the networks who are paying for those games

Reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer gets the gift of the useless NFL team.
It's the exact storyline to The Replacements.... good news is if we can jag the Keanu Reeves equivalent then the NSWRL will fairytale our asses to a Super Bowl win and world champions!!!

Screenshot 20230122 201936 Chrome

From a business perspective, it would allow the NRL to continue fulfilling their contractual obligations to the broadcasters and not be in breach of contract.

I wonder how the players would feel having the NRL continue and them being replaced with reserve graders.

It's not going to go that far, though.

From a business perspective, it would allow the NRL to continue fulfilling their contractual obligations to the broadcasters and not be in breach of contract.

It's not going to go that far, though.

It totally wouldn't. Broadcasters are not going to be ok with the NRL rolling out a FAR inferior product where the level of play is worse than the next level down. Broadcasters are paying for a premium product (let's not get started on Vlandys' AWFUL decision to sell it so cheap again), getting a bunch of guys from the US who probably don't even know what rugby league is to fly in and play is a breach of contract because it is not fulfilling what would likely be several binding clauses around quality of product and good faith laws, etc. A contract like this, signed by professionals (talking about channel 9 and Fox here, not the NRL) isn't just about putting some rubbish out there, the quality of said product would need to be guaranteed.

On top of that, flying in a bunch of no names to carry out the work of those on strike due to poor labour conditions and EBA strike action is illegal and unethical. You can't bring in foreign workers to replace a local workforce on strike. This moron in charge has absolutely no idea what he is doing and if he did action this, the players' union would sue the pants of Vlandys and would win in a court case that took like 10 minutes to come to a verdict.

Is it out of the equation that vlandis could be whacked by mob connections? This story is just so ridiculous.

Is it out of the equation that vlandis could be whacked by mob connections? This story is just so ridiculous.

Unlikely, as if anyone is already in bed with the mob, and any other shady betting groups, it's Petey V. He'd only get the concrete shoes if he doesn't make good on whatever deals he has already made with them.

It's the exact storyline to The Replacements.... good news is if we can jag the Keanu Reeves equivalent then the NSWRL will fairytale our asses to a Super Bowl win and world champions!!!

View attachment 20742

Was going to post a reference to this, but you beat me to it! Such a mad movie! You can't really go wrong with Keanu and Gene. It's like Locky and WB.

Also, Brooke Langton. 😍

FnOhoIcXEAAVxTU

So what you are saying is you haven't watched a Rugby League Match ever? Cause I have seen plenty since following the Broncos and the game in 1988 that fit that description.

you only have to go back as far as the 2022 world cup. three quarters of those matches were cricket scores
And who can forget that effort against the Eels in the 2019 finals, went right down to the wire that one.

Abdo (probably): Over 50% of the finals and semi-finals were competitive at the world cup which was an increase over the well less than 10% in previous rounds, this is an increase of over 50% in competitiveness across the sport and 30% of what I am saying makes sense, so we can see that the over 95% of people who have stopped paying attention at this point have likely around 64% of the time felt that I've made up to one tenth of sense.

Abdo (probably): Over 50% of the finals and semi-finals were competitive at the world cup which was an increase over the well less than 10% in previous rounds, this is an increase of over 50% in competitiveness across the sport and 30% of what I am saying makes sense, so we can see that the over 95% of people who have stopped paying attention at this point have likely around 64% of the time felt that I've made up to one tenth of sense.
Confused Mohawk Girls GIF by CBC

LOL. Xavier kicking off his standup routine with “we want to breed homegrown talent”.

I suppose, if they brought through two more local juniors, they would double their development from their last 25 years - that’s an accomplishment.

So to promote the "fact" that they want to breed home-grown talent, they use a player who was poached from a rival ...

That'll do me, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.