NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robinson started this crackdown ... now he and his team are whinging about it

The wanker admits they practice head high shots on camera. What an absolute shit stain. The amount of influence he has on our game is an outrage and I'm disappointed we're not hearing from other clubs south of our border railing against the control he has. It's pricks like him bleating for an unfair advantage that are killing our game.

Would you rank Matt Burton better than Jerome Luai?

if so why are the Sydney papers not giving it to Penrith for letting such a gun go? The broncos are coping it at least twice sometimes three times a day with reports about how good Walker and Walsh are, but it's "look over there a squirrel!' every time Burton scores.

Would you rank Matt Burton better than Jerome Luai?

if so why are the Sydney papers not giving it to Penrith for letting such a gun go? The broncos are coping it at least twice sometimes three times a day with reports about how good Walker and Walsh are, but it's "look over there a squirrel!' every time Burton scores.

...because they aren't coming second last?

Robinson started this crackdown ... now he and his team are whinging about it

Its bizarre isn't it, i was bewildered when he came out and told the NRL not to ruin Origin with the new rules and crackdowns, considering they came on the back of his pissing and moaning.

Like, he has to know the entire Rugby league community is throwing shade at him and his team for the situation the game finds itself in, yet try's to ally himself with people who are upset with the crackdown he started.
If there are two people the NRL community currently dislike more than the entire melbourne storm outfit, its Robinson and Tedesco.

Vlandy's won't admit it because he is an Egomanic but the refs have clearly been told to relax on the sinbins this week.
Until the Chambers binning this half.

That was more akin to the last two rounds.... but likely associated with trying to keep the golden child in the contest.

Instead they conceded points playing against 12

Vlandy's won't admit it because he is an Egomanic but the refs have clearly been told to relax on the sinbins this week.
Am I imagining things or are there less 6 agains and more actual penalties as well??

Until the Chambers binning this half.

That was more akin to the last two rounds.... but likely associated with trying to keep the golden child in the contest.

Instead they conceded points playing against 12
Just the way that slime ball wants it. just like the 6 again, the high shot crack down is so fucking grey the refs can just pick and choose when to enforce it.

Just watching Sharks v Titans and, you know what, I was pretty pissed when Fifi took his thirty pieces of silver and trundled down the M1 ... but now, good riddance, fat and lazy, second man into tackles and can't tackle for peanuts. Stands around waiting for the ball like he's entitled to it and gassed half way through the first half, on his current showing I reckon we dodged a bullet.

Just watching Sharks v Titans and, you know what, I was pretty pissed when Fifi took his thirty pieces of silver and trundled down the M1 ... but now, good riddance, fat and lazy, second man into tackles and can't tackle for peanuts. Stands around waiting for the ball like he's entitled to it and gassed half way through the first half, on his current showing I reckon we dodged a bullet.

Just like Milford, Dave Taylor, *insert other name here*. Natural talent has gotten him this far, his work ethic is shit. He's hit his ceiling unless he has an attitude adjustment and while he's young enough for it to still happen, you'd have to think it's unlikely. Crying shame, but it is what it is.

Give me a team of middle-of-the-road players with incredible work ethic over a team of lazy superstars every day of the week.

Hooper is cracking the shits on Big League Wrap right now.

Apparently the players are banding together to get Vlandys removed and Hoops is shitting all over the players saying they are full of BS.

Hooper is a twat, Vlandys is a twat, and i 100% guarantee there is some truth to the players wanting Vlandys removed.
The Player association is neither denying or confirming there is unrest between the NRL hierarchy and the playerbase.

Am I imagining things or are there less 6 agains and more actual penalties as well??

I think it's because they're penalising every single high contact, even if it's not, also handling errors seem really high. So there's less continuous possession

I can't stand Kent and Hooper. I don't mind 360 as a show but the fact those two hacks get so much air time on it is the main reason I fast forward most things they say...and anything Mat Nable is immediately muted.

I can't stand Kent and Hooper. I don't mind 360 as a show but the fact those two hacks get so much air time on it is the main reason I fast forward most things they say...and anything Mat Nable is immediately muted.
i hate how they both always talk over lara, and its not a thing about letting women talk because she's a woman but because she a human and normally has some great takes

i hate how they both always talk over lara, and its not a thing about letting women talk because she's a woman but because she a human and normally has some great takes

It isn't just her though, they scream and shout over anyone who disagrees with them.

It isn't just her though, they scream and shout over anyone who disagrees with them.
100 percent, only nights i watch are with benji because kent shuts up and listens for a bit

100 percent, only nights i watch are with benji because kent shuts up and listens for a bit

Benji and James Graham, both definitely worth listening to. I'd love Graham to get his own show / segment because he is one of the best ex-players I've ever listened to, such a clear and thought out speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Manifesto
  • Aldo
  • sooticus
  • Xzei
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.