NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man with all this talk I turned it on just to see how much I could get through.

Yvonne just doesn't seem to fit in on the show, and now here I am watching and Buzz is like that poor older fella you feel sorry for sitting by the bar most evenings, trying to talk about anything and everything, to anyone.

Whilst not finding time for the Broncos win, he seriously started asking Kent which vaccination he got?
This show is now The View.

Ikin really held what was left of this show together.

I actually don’t mind Rothfield, he is fun to listen to. He doesn’t always say things I agree with but he does back it up with reasons generally and calls out the other male idiots on that show. I think Yvonne’s problem is she’s just boring in that she tries to overhype everything and it sounds monotonous.

I actually don’t mind Rothfield, he is fun to listen to. He doesn’t always say things I agree with but he does back it up with reasons generally and calls out the other male idiots on that show. I think Yvonne’s problem is she’s just boring in that she tries to overhype everything and it sounds monotonous.
Yeah somehow Slothfield is the most reasonable person on that show. Says a lot really.

I don’t even watch but I like rothfield a lot more than I did a few years back. I’m thinking it’s because he looks great next to someone like Kent.

I don’t even watch but I like rothfield a lot more than I did a few years back. I’m thinking it’s because he looks great next to someone like Kent.

Kent is a Phil Gould wannabe and Hooper is like that little kid trying to be tough by agreeing with everything the loudest bully says all the time.

It was hilarious the other week when Hooper actually disagreed with Kent, it felt so forced and he looked so uncomfortable, I would imagine it came with a direction from upstairs to be more 'controversial'.

Kent is a Phil Gould wannabe and Hooper is like that little kid trying to be tough by agreeing with everything the loudest bully says all the time.

It was hilarious the other week when Hooper actually disagreed with Kent, it felt so forced and he looked so uncomfortable, I would imagine it came with a direction from upstairs to be more 'controversial'.
Yeah the impression I used to get was that Kent just desperately wishes he was a somebody. Needs someone close to him to tell him that he’s really not that important.

say whatever you want about the NRL ... but they certainly don't like to hide their corruption.

Kunt reporting that the Storm (via Tripp) are trying to buy the GF and host it at the MCG

Matt Trip says:

“There could be a way we buy the grand final this year, if there is a number,” Tripp said on Tuesday.

“If there is a way we can give the NRL comfort, if it is played down here, we will look at it,” he said.

“It’s all a conversation worth having.

“From my perspective I would love the game to be in Melbourne.”

the NRL's LORD and SAVIOUR, Peter Vlandys says:

“I have the utmost respect for Matt Tripp so naturally we would look at it, he’s a brilliant mind,” V’landys said.

The game has always been staged by the governing body in partnership with the venues.

“We’ve got to be agile so we’re open to anything,” V’landys said.

“Whatever returns the most for the game, we’ll look at.”

say whatever you want about the NRL ... but they certainly don't like to hide their corruption.

Kunt reporting that the Storm (via Tripp) are trying to buy the GF and host it at the MCG

Matt Trip says:

“There could be a way we buy the grand final this year, if there is a number,” Tripp said on Tuesday.

“If there is a way we can give the NRL comfort, if it is played down here, we will look at it,” he said.

“It’s all a conversation worth having.

“From my perspective I would love the game to be in Melbourne.”

the NRL's LORD and SAVIOUR, Peter Vlandys says:

“I have the utmost respect for Matt Tripp so naturally we would look at it, he’s a brilliant mind,” V’landys said.

The game has always been staged by the governing body in partnership with the venues.

“We’ve got to be agile so we’re open to anything,” V’landys said.

“Whatever returns the most for the game, we’ll look at.”
FMD. Can Vlandiddly suck off Tripp any harder.

I guess you do need a "brilliant mind" to sign Paps for 650k.

just watching this NRL 360 clip about Tripp wanting to buy the GF ... and Yvonne said that she spoke to the QLD government today and the GF is not a priority for them.

furthermore she said that according to the QLD Government, their "data" suggests that the QLD fans DO NOT want the GF

I mean if brisbane are not playing im not going to travel to go watch it live,and just like last year ill likely switch to the movie channels after the regular season and not watch the finals.

Smart move by Qld and really, if Vlandys was smart (he isn't), he would see this is a MASSIVE red flag. League heartland DOES NOT WANT THE LEAGUE GRAND FINAL. Wow, this should be extremely alarming.

Smart move by Qld and really, if Vlandys was smart (he isn't), he would see this is a MASSIVE red flag. League heartland DOES NOT WANT THE LEAGUE GRAND FINAL. Wow, this should be extremely alarming.
Vlando thinking... "they don't want the NSWRL grand final... why the **** not... let's go with Brisbane 2.0 and 3.0!!!"

Really don't care if the GF is in Brisbane, Melbourne can **** off and win somewhere else.
It would be a stupid decision by NSWRL... It would get lost amongst all the news of the AFL grand final and Queensland is already losing interest with basically the whole top 8 filled with Shitney teams and a Melbourne team that is despised

So in saying that I would love to see it happen... bring the fucking moron Sydney media back a few pegs and watch them sweat as no one gives a shit about storm beating Penrith by 30

reports have come out today that there has been an agreement to postpone the World Cup until 2022

The Price Is Right: Melbourne Storm 2021 Edition

Again not trying to get it down to the exact amount, just rounding to the closest 100,000.

1. Ryan Papenhuyzen ($400K)
2. George Jennings ($100K)
3. Reimis Smith ($200K)
4. Justin Olam ($300K)
5. Josh Addo-Carr ($300K)
6. Cameron Munster ($1 Million)
7. Jahrome Hughes (700K)
8. Jesse Bromwich (700K)
9. Brandon Smith ($400K)
10. Christian Welch ($500K)
11. Felise Kaufusi ($700K)

12. Kenny Bromwich ($400K)
13. Dale Finucane ($600K)

14. Harry Grant ($300K)
15. Tom Eisenhuth ($200K)
16. Tui Kamikamica ($300K)
17. Nelson Asofa-Solomona (700K)

18. Nicho Hynes ($200K)
19. Aaron Booth ($100K)
20. Jordan Grant ($100K)
21. Dean Ieremia ($100K)
22. Ryley Jacks ($100K)
23. Cooper Johns ($100K)
24. Chris Lewis ($100K)
25. Trent Loiero ($100K)
26. Aaron Pene ($100K)
27. Darryn Schonig ($100K)
28. Tyson Smoothy ($100K)
29. Jack Howarth ($200K)
30. Brenko Lee ($100K)
31. Issac Lumelume ($100K)
32. Tepai Moeroa ($100K)

9.5 Million Total

Bold is from the Rich 100 list or similar reports. I'm also not including the 10% discount so that gives me a 600,000 wriggle room which for a lot of those depth players would come into play. Considering a few of those would come under the development deals and not be included in the NRL cap that could be less.

A lot of those deals seem fair enough considering when they were signed. Papenhuyzen was during the 2019/20 off-season after a fairly slow start to his stint at Melbourne. Addo-Carr re-signed mid-2017 before he played Origin or won a premiership and that's a decent contract for a good club winger.

Brandon Smith is still on the deal he signed in 2017 when he was a reserve grader, that was their version of a Payne Haas except Melbourne weren't bidding against every club in the competition.

The Price Is Right: Melbourne Storm 2021 Edition

Again not trying to get it down to the exact amount, just rounding to the closest 100,000.

1. Ryan Papenhuyzen ($400K)
2. George Jennings ($100K)
3. Reimis Smith ($200K)
4. Justin Olam ($300K)
5. Josh Addo-Carr ($300K)
6. Cameron Munster ($1 Million)
7. Jahrome Hughes (700K)
8. Jesse Bromwich (700K)
9. Brandon Smith ($400K)
10. Christian Welch ($500K)
11. Felise Kaufusi ($700K)

12. Kenny Bromwich ($400K)
13. Dale Finucane ($600K)

14. Harry Grant ($300K)
15. Tom Eisenhuth ($200K)
16. Tui Kamikamica ($300K)
17. Nelson Asofa-Solomona (700K)

18. Nicho Hynes ($200K)
19. Aaron Booth ($100K)
20. Jordan Grant ($100K)
21. Dean Ieremia ($100K)
22. Ryley Jacks ($100K)
23. Cooper Johns ($100K)
24. Chris Lewis ($100K)
25. Trent Loiero ($100K)
26. Aaron Pene ($100K)
27. Darryn Schonig ($100K)
28. Tyson Smoothy ($100K)
29. Jack Howarth ($200K)
30. Brenko Lee ($100K)
31. Issac Lumelume ($100K)
32. Tepai Moeroa ($100K)

9.5 Million Total

Bold is from the Rich 100 list or similar reports. I'm also not including the 10% discount so that gives me a 600,000 wriggle room which for a lot of those depth players would come into play. Considering a few of those would come under the development deals and not be included in the NRL cap that could be less.

A lot of those deals seem fair enough considering when they were signed. Papenhuyzen was during the 2019/20 off-season after a fairly slow start to his stint at Melbourne. Addo-Carr re-signed mid-2017 before he played Origin or won a premiership and that's a decent contract for a good club winger.

Brandon Smith is still on the deal he signed in 2017 when he was a reserve grader, that was their version of a Payne Haas except Melbourne weren't bidding against every club in the competition.
thinks it looks fairly accurate, i believe min wage this year is 115k tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • Culhwch
  • Dazza 92
  • Allo
  • broncsgoat
  • Battler
  • Justwin
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Wolfie
  • Strop
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • I bleed Maroon
  • GCBRONCO
  • Manifesto
  • Midean
  • Fatboy
  • Brotherdu
  • LGH
... and 35 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.