NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nine is saying the QLD government "didn't have to bid" for the grand final.

"A deal is all-but done, and it looks like Suncorp Stadium will host this year's NRL Grand Final," Nine News Queensland's Peter Fegan said. "The deal just needs to be finalised and signed off on.

So sad that literally no one wants their showpiece event, shows how bad the state of the game is at the moment.

So sad that literally no one wants their showpiece event, shows how bad the state of the game is at the moment.
Yep, imagine 2 years ago if the grand final was up for grabs, every state would be falling over themselves to get it.

Yep, imagine 2 years ago if the grand final was up for grabs, every state would be falling over themselves to get it.

You would hope that this might be a huge wake up call for the NRL administration, you would expect nothing to change.

The only viable Covid free option really was WA and they won’t have any filthy easterners anywhere near their state at the moment.

Also on 360, they spoke to the bloke in charge of the Fireholders and to quote him:

"We spoke about not cannibalising the other teams and their members like Brisbane and more importantly, the Gold Coast."

I found that interesting from Richo but I took it to mean that they're obviously going to have to take from the Brisbane talent pool because they're a Brisbane team that makes sense but I think the NRL would want to know you're not just going to take from the huge talent on the Coast and neglect the area you said you were going to farm which was west through Ipswich and further out.

If the Firehawks just become a Coast/Brisbane talent team they have got in on a lie.

I found that interesting from Richo but I took it to mean that they're obviously going to have to take from the Brisbane talent pool because they're a Brisbane team that makes sense but I think the NRL would want to know you're not just going to take from the huge talent on the Coast and neglect the area you said you were going to farm which was west through Ipswich and further out.

If the Firehawks just become a Coast/Brisbane talent team they have got in on a lie.

But this is exactly what will happen regardless of what they say.

Could never happen, the NswRL care so heavily for integrity...

Just approve the Phins for 2023.

This is my view. The Dolphins deserve a shot. They already have great branding and an established community base to draw upon. They might need to come to some sort of arrangement with the Dragons regarding the team colours though.

Off topic, but I've only just now cared enough to notice: The Bulldogs have won 2 games for the entire season so far. TWO, and they aren't likely to win another one in the next fortnight either. That is shockingly bad and the media barely talk about it.

The real bullet to the Firehawks bid should be there shouldn't be another 'Brisbane Anythings'

We are the Brisbane team. Everyone will be over having to define which Brisbane team they mean before the end of the first round.

If they want a 'South' team, just revive the Crushers. Also **** the Firehawks/Easts Tigers for changing their name to Brisbane as well. You aren't our feeder team, so **** off

The real bullet to the Firehawks bid should be there shouldn't be another 'Brisbane Anythings'

We are the Brisbane team. Everyone will be over having to define which Brisbane team they mean before the end of the first round.

If they want a 'South' team, just revive the Crushers. Also **** the Firehawks/Easts Tigers for changing their name to Brisbane as well. You aren't our feeder team, so **** off

The Firehawks are definitely the most shallow of the three Brisbane 2 bids that we know of.

The Firehawks are definitely the most shallow of the three Brisbane 2 bids that we know of.

Therefore they'll get it because screw due process under this regime. They have been vocal saying they have $25 million dollars somehow and no debt, that is all Vlandys needs to hear.

This is my view. The Dolphins deserve a shot. They already have great branding and an established community base to draw upon. They might need to come to some sort of arrangement with the Dragons regarding the team colours though.

Off topic, but I've only just now cared enough to notice: The Bulldogs have won 2 games for the entire season so far. TWO, and they aren't likely to win another one in the next fortnight either. That is shockingly bad and the media barely talk about it.

They aren't the Broncos, they've been rubbish for years and they have some really big ins for next year, plus Barrett is a media darling and Gould is now involved, so that takes 9 out of the equation from commenting on them.

The Dolphins should claim the Sunny Coast too, send Melbourne packing and rebrand as the East Coast Dolphins

Of the 3 bids the fire hawks have proximity to Suncorp in their favour.

Have to remember one of NSWRL's key benefits to the Brisbane plastics is playing out of suncorp every weekend... I have no idea how that is a benefit, but whatever.

Fire hawks are located within Brisbane, Jets and Dolphins are both about 40mins-1hr away... that doesnt really help the new fans if games are at Suncorp, which would mean they are mostly playing out of their suburban grounds.

Not a great look to have the NSWRL's shiny new toy playing out of a suburban ground every week... or have them playing at Suncorp in front of 5k people who bothered to make the trek in.

I think part of the work with fire hawks will be how willing they are to change their name... fire hawks is too similar to the netball team and even the bloody colours are the same... did they use the same marketting department FFS 🙄🙄🙄

Screenshot 20210826 134022 Chrome

Screenshot 20210826 134209 Chrome

Are they going to be called the Firehawks Brisbane or what?

Well then..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brocko
  • BroncoFan94
  • Morkel
  • bazza
  • LittleDavey
  • Nerd
  • broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • pennywisealfie
  • marw
  • Skyblues87
  • Aldo
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.