NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read news that Sterlo will be retiring from commentary.

It won't be the same without him. I miss the days where they used to go to Sterlo after a try and he would break down the play and explain how the try was scored. It was good stuff.
Yeh sterlo was the only guy i could cop in that commetary box. Even ass kissing Fatty is a pain to listen to, but Sterlo 95% of the time told like he saw it and if it meant going against the rest of them he would. He'll be sadly missed as his insights were first class.

Didn’t realise Cheatchin was retiring this year

Despite his nickname, he’s probably been one of the better refs in the last few years.

All the rest suck though so not exactly a high mark to pass

Still, credit for his years of service to the game, and seems like he’s the most human and self-aware of the lot going by his reasons for retiring. Not an easy job, and a lot of things not entirely in their control either

Why is the next Brisbane team not running with a teal colour like the Heat? It’s Brisbane’s colour. Just makes sense I guess. What other colours are left to use?

Why is the next Brisbane team not running with a teal colour like the Heat? It’s Brisbane’s colour. Just makes sense I guess. What other colours are left to use?
I reckon one of the teams might be able to work the below colours into their name

Screenshot 20210831 143630 Chrome

Robinson is losing the plot.

He reportedly personally phoned both Gould and Andrew Johns to "disagree" about their comments over Latrell Mitchell's hit on Manu.

Uncle Nick also reportedly called his good friend Gould, but Gould wont return his calls.

Sounds like Robinson is upset the media aren't kissing his ass for a change :rofl

Robinson is losing the plot.

He reportedly personally phoned both Gould and Andrew Johns to "disagree" about their comments over Latrell Mitchell's hit on Manu.

Uncle Nick also reportedly called his good friend Gould, but Gould wont return his calls.

Sounds like Robinson is upset the media aren't kissing his ass for a change :rofl

Possibly reminding them of who bankrolls the NRL and going against the hand that feeds could end poorly.

I don't understand why they have to give the new Brisbane team a fancy name?

Why not just effectively promote one of the historically rich QLD Cup sides into the NRL, at least they would have a fan base to begin with

Nobody in Brisbane will give a fk about a brand new Brisbane franchise, they're all either Bronco fans already or have moved over to follow the Storm or the Titans

Why not just effectively promote one of the historically rich QLD Cup sides into the NRL, at least they would have a fan base to begin with

Nobody in Brisbane will give a fk about a brand new Brisbane franchise, they're all either Bronco fans already or have moved over to follow the Storm or the Titans

I think plenty of people will tbh. I'd certainly have to seriously consider following the Phins if they get in.

I don't understand why they are going through with this sham application process ... everyone knows it will be Redcliffe. the fact that all 3 of Redcliffe's rivals have started discussing mergers is a telling factor

they also don't give a shit about whether a 17th club is good for the game or not, but that's another story

Lodge just found out the benefit of not playing for the Broncos ... actually standing a chance at the judiciary. he was found not guilty and is free to play this weekend.

I think plenty of people will tbh. I'd certainly have to seriously consider following the Phins if they get in.

You obviously have some sort of allegiance to them, I am talking about people living in Brisbane who would have no allegiance to a brand new franchise based in Brisbane

If it doesn't associate to a specific area of Brisbane (such as Ipswich.. which isn't even Brisbane), why would people feel the need to suddenly latch on to the team? This is just PVL and the Sydney siders saying "Well Brisbane have had it too good for way too long, let's shove another team in their faces and make them struggle the same way Sydney clubs do"

It's not about the fans at all, it's not even expansion, it does nothing for the greater game.

You obviously have some sort of allegiance to them, I am talking about people living in Brisbane who would have no allegiance to a brand new franchise based in Brisbane

If it doesn't associate to a specific area of Brisbane (such as Ipswich.. which isn't even Brisbane), why would people feel the need to suddenly latch on to the team? This is just PVL and the Sydney siders saying "Well Brisbane have had it too good for way too long, let's shove another team in their faces and make them struggle the same way Sydney clubs do"

It's not about the fans at all, it's not even expansion, it does nothing for the greater game.

I still think people will get behind a new side. I would bet there are a lot of people very disillusioned with the Broncos who be more than happy to turn up at suncorp and watch another Brisbane based team playing NRL.

I still think people will get behind a new side. I would bet there are a lot of people very disillusioned with the Broncos who be more than happy to turn up at suncorp and watch another Brisbane based team playing NRL.

It will attract the same people who right now are pretending like the Broncos don't exist but at the peak of our powers, they are absolutely telling everyone who listened they were a fan

Fair weather fans, when it's good.. by all means, big fans

When it's not.. they disassociate as much as possible and let's be honest here for a second, there are a lot of entitled Brisbane residents who fall into that category

Redcliff make the most sense by far compared to the the Jets and Plagiarised Birds, so according to NRL methodology, The Dolphins will not be considered.

It will attract the same people who right now are pretending like the Broncos don't exist but at the peak of our powers, they are absolutely telling everyone who listened they were a fan

Fair weather fans, when it's good.. by all means, big fans

When it's not.. they disassociate as much as possible and let's be honest here for a second, there are a lot of entitled Brisbane residents who fall into that category

There will be plenty of younger fans drawn to a new franchise who haven't even seen a successful Brisbane team. We have a lot to do to get our elite status back and a new franchise will make it more difficult, especially when you have people like Munster already saying they are willing to join up. We are going to be in a battle if this new franchise gets their recruitment right.

Shit fans that’ll abandon their current team

Unless you’re under 10, you’ll already have a team you’ve chosen, even subconsciously.

It’d be interesting to see the results of an independent poll if anyone in Brisbane that isn’t an Easts Tigers/Jets/whoever else is merging fan or has connections to them via sponsorships or business dealings, the NRL or the press, a) even knows about the expansion team, and/or b) gives two shits about the Brisbane Plastics

Just give it to the Phins ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • marw
  • Broncosarethebest
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.