NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck I've never been less attracted to anyone than that Cleary girl😄 fugly

I bet Milford is smiling saying see that Broncos POTY 2018 looks good now doesn't he!

There's a forum out there somewhere with a tigpiesgoat that is absolutely frothing about a Brooks 2021 POTY
He just better hope Seibold doesn’t coach the tigers next year because 📉

in case anyone is keen (from the fox sports website)

Fox League is airing a one-hour tribute to Norm Provan on Channel 502, every hour from 6pm-10pm (AEDT).

Spotted this headline in the Daily telegraph today:​

Cash Splash: Your taxes go to work for Roosters

The NSW government is pouring cash into help perennial rugby league battlers the Roosters while Tyrone May has finally made a smart decision – it’s all in Sport Confidential.

I had to laugh at the bolded line. We're truly through the looking glass.

Adam Hartigan has "parted ways" with the Tigers. as part of the shake-up under Tim Sheens

Sheens will bring back close confidant Warren McDonnell to oversee recruitment, despite the veteran talent scout being moved on from the club twice in the past few years.

Channel 7 have reportedly walked away from negotiations with the NRL for the FTA broadcast rights

apparently the deal with Channel 9 is all but done, so 7 will walk away from further negotiations.

9 have reportedly offered $105 million to $110 million per year. the NRL want $120 million.

the new broadcast deal is reportedly going to be around $2 billion until the end of 2027

Channel 9 - $120 million x like 5 = a lot less than $2 billion.
Fox - similar I guess.

Where's the other like 800 million to a billion coming from?

Fox - similar I guess.

Wouldn’t the fox component be bigger as they’ve got all games?

Wouldn’t the fox component be bigger as they’ve got all games?

You would think so BUT if Fox is paying so much more, why the heck does channel 9 get to pick the games they want each week AND get exclusive rights to live origin and grand final?

You would think so BUT if Fox is paying so much more, why the heck does channel 9 get to pick the games they want each week AND get exclusive rights to live origin and grand final?
Good point.

9 almost makes origin unwatchable

Fox - similar I guess.

Fox component will be huge, they get every game and now get simulcasting of finals games.

Their next big step is getting simulcasting of origin and/or the grand final.

Fox do a significant amount of the lifting when it comes to broadcast rights... Ch 9 are really just chipping in for origin and the GF

Because NSWRL have to bend over to give them something outside of origin, otherwise they might struggle to get the product on free to air.

NSWRL also dont give a shit about the draw, they just want to see the cash... they let ch 9 rape and pillage the competition for viewers.

If NSWRL put more constraints around the draw ie. minimum number of FTA games for every team, then Ch 9 lower their offer, because it's not as beneficial to them to be playing the warriors on the prime time 7.30 Friday night slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.