NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tell you what, you wouldn't want to be an unvaccinated player next year. the NRL have released the requirements for those that refuse to (or are unable to) get vaccinated. they are:
  • wear a mask at all times
  • staying at home. not able to attend pubs, clubs, cafes, restaurants or any other social interaction
  • twice weekly COVID testing
  • daily rapid antigen testing
It'll be a very interesting couple of months. IIRC by the last report we had the lowest vax rate of any club so there could be some sackings this off season. Hopefully it's complaceny rather than outright refusal.

It'll be a very interesting couple of months. IIRC by the last report we had the lowest vax rate of any club so there could be some sackings this off season. Hopefully it's complaceny rather than outright refusal.
I think Haas mentioned that everyone is getting vaxxed or something when he was talking about returning for preseason training

just mirroring the state we live in.

the one they were concerned about was Haas (he recently endorsed some anti-vaccination messages on his social-media account.) ... but he has agreed to be vaccinated

the reports are that more than 70% of our players have had at least one COVID shit

Because we train at our private high performance center, we're not under the same COVID conditions of the Sydney clubs that use public facilities

Ikin says:

“That’s not accurate ... we won’t have a problem,” Ikin said of suggestions some Brisbane players are anti-vaxxers.

“We want everyone fully vaxxed by the time the season starts.

“There won’t be an issue at the Broncos.

“Since the Broncos have gone on a break, there was a bit of complacency (towards Covid shots) because the players were disconnected from the club, but as we edge back closer to training, the communications we’ve had with them have all been positive.

“We have communicated what is potentially coming and what is happening in other sports around the world. We don’t want any issues by the time we get back to football next year so let’s get this done now.

“It’s been very conciliatory. It’s been about framing-up what is potentially coming our way in our industry and reinforcing to the players where to get the vaccinations done, when to do it and why it’s important.

“There’s been no big stick that has been waved, but our message has been really strong and clear as we get back towards players returning to training.”

“Our numbers in terms of players fully vaccinated are growing and we are heading in exactly the direction we need to be,” Ikin said.

“If I’m being honest, our living conditions for all Queenslanders have made us a bit slower to act because unlike our southern neighbours, we haven’t been living in lockdown.

“From the club’s perspective, we’ve seen what’s happened in other sports around the world and we expect the same thing in some way, shape or form to find its way into the NRL.”

DD says:

“I’m expecting all our players and staff to be fully vaxxed by the start of the season,” he said.

“It’s the reality of everything I’m hearing and seeing with government protocols ... it’s going to be very challenging to operate in the NRL industry without vaccination.

“We have had constant two-way dialogue with our playing group and the medical experts we have on staff.

“Everyone in society has been challenged over the last 18 months and sport and the Broncos are no different.

“I’ve been very impressed at the level of maturity and the challenges our players and staff have had and their understanding of the Covid situation.

“They have taken in the education that has been provided around vaccinations.

“I don’t believe we will have any issues.”

Millie Boyle and Adam Elliott are officially a couple.

Come on Millie, you can do so much better.

Mick Ennis and Mary McGregor have joined the Eels as "consultants" for next year

Mick Ennis and Mary McGregor have joined the Eels as "consultants" for next year
Is Ennis' consultant role just talking up the club on fox because that's about all he did for Canberra this year

After his interview Xavier Coates can **** off never to return. He summed up entirely why we won a spoon with the squad we had in that interview. He made out that suddenly he's going to improve, as if the broncos have been holding him back lol. The richest club in the nrl who gave him his debut has been limiting. Last time I checked its the fucking players who should take some responsibility for their shit performances. **** off ya gen whatever with your "it's not me, it's everyone else" mentality, finally now you figure you've gotta pull ya finger out "for Craig and the purple jersey and the top blokes at the storm"....

He can gob off when he learns to tackle otherwise he can enjoy playing 2 games fir the storm

Taumalolo is the only Cowboy not to agree to receive a covid vaccination. which means he won't be able to train or play at QLD government owned stadiums.

reportedly the Cowboys will have a number of options available to them should he continue to refuse to get the shot. the most extreme would be termination. another option would be to include him being placed on the Cowboys’ inactive list on 25 per cent of his salary, which equates to $250,000 next season.

FMD, imagine having to pay someone 250k to sit on their ass at home.

Taumalolo is the only Cowboy not to agree to receive a covid vaccination. which means he won't be able to train or play at QLD government owned stadiums.

reportedly the Cowboys will have a number of options available to them should he continue to refuse to get the shot. the most extreme would be termination. another option would be to include him being placed on the Cowboys’ inactive list on 25 per cent of his salary, which equates to $250,000 next season.

We paid our former coach somewhere between $1-$3 million to do the same.

If I was Cowboys management I'd be hiring troll accounts to DM him with anti-vax propaganda so I could terminate his contract. It's not good value.

Then when he gets vaxed in March, we should sign him for 500k for 1 year.

If I was Cowboys management I'd be hiring troll accounts to DM him with anti-vax propaganda so I could terminate his contract. It's not good value.

Then when he gets vaxed in March, we should sign him for 500k for 1 year.

Payten fucked him around pretty badly this year ... maybe Taumalolo had the same thought ... get himself sacked, have a change of heart and get vaccinated then go elsewhere

Is it possible that he’s not getting it so they sack him and he can sign with the Roosters for $100 and a can of coke*

Everyone loves a big hit right?

The funny thing is though that if you are going by modern day NRL rules, several of those are shoulder charges, one is a textbook pinball tackle, a number of them were penalised in game and several of which were for being a 'bit too forceful'.

So, the NRL wants to stamp it out (whatever 'it' is) but one of their major media partners puts up a video to celebrate what are now essentially many illegal big hits. Nice work NRL, nice.

But how good was it watching $1.2 million worth of Fifita get snotted while taking an ambling, lazy hit-up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • Midean
  • GCBRONCO
  • mitch222
  • BroncosAlways
  • HarryAllan7
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Foordy
  • Stix
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.