NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB IMG 1638509347434

Josh Papali'i and another unvaxed Raiders player have reversed their stances and received their first jabs.

The Raiders still have 2 players yet to receive their first doses ... while the "estimated" total of unvaxed NRL players is down to single figures

Josh Papali'i and another unvaxed Raiders player have reversed their stances and received their first jabs.

The Raiders still have 2 players yet to receive their first doses ... while the "estimated" total of unvaxed NRL players is down to single figures
Money over principles for big pappa.

I wonder if we're doing all this stuff in our system. Seems pretty cool the way they monitor everything.

Peter Mulholland passed away. He battled cancer for a long time. Worked at a lot of clubs but left a mark everywhere he went. One of the best football brains and one of the greatest recruiters ever.

I spoke to him regularly about football and recruiting. He will be missed.

Seibold something something.

There is no doubt about that,” he said.

“I’ve loved rugby league since I was five or six. I loved playing it. I did my teaching and transitioned to coaching. I loved everything about it but in the end I’d had a gutful. “It bruised me a fair bit.” “No, I haven’t,” Seibold would reply to each of the questions. It was enough for Gould to offer some timely advice.

“He said: ‘Mate, don’t you dare hide behind the curtains’,” Seibold revealed.
“’Hold your head up high. There will be other opportunities for you. Take your kids to school tomorrow’.” “I was feeling sorry for myself and that sort of punched me in a nose a little bit,” he said.

“I thought: ‘You know what, I am being selfish’. It was a hard period but I’m through the other side and there’s been some positive things to come out of that experience as well. “It almost doesn’t feel real, like that was me sometimes.”
“Selfishly, human nature would suggest you don’t want people to succeed if you didn’t succeed,” he said.

“The reality of it is that I gave a lot of those young kids their debuts to and still keep in touch with. Of course I wanted them to do well and I think they will do well as they experience more games and more ups and downs on the NRL rollercoaster.

“Am I angry about a couple of things that occurred there? Of course, I am. The reception I got and the support I potentially didn’t get. “You can’t be bitter. I’ve left that in the past. It was challenging but I think I’m a better coach and a better person for having gone through a pretty crap experience.”

Sebiold said that while he would not want to go through it again, he learned plenty about himself and added the move from South Sydney was ultimately in his family’s best interests. “It was challenging, there is no doubt about that,” he said.
“Would I want to go through it again? No, I wouldn’t. But you learn a lot about yourself... about what you would do differently. “It was a business decision. It was a five-year deal with a sixth year in my favour. I knocked it back a couple of times and in some ways I felt almost like negligent to the family if I continued to knock it back.

“Financially, it was a deal that not only looks after my family but my parents. I made a decision around that. “It is a wrong decision if you look at it from the respect of results. There were certainly some good things to come out of that Brisbane experience. Giving opportunities to guys like Xavier Coates and Kotoni Staggs.”
If an NRL come back is an option
“There’s a couple of ways I think about it,” he said. “I’m loving what I’m doing with England. The enjoyment I got from the Newcastle experience, helping other coaches initially and then working with the other group in the back-end.

“Then what I’ve done with Eddie, the three Tests I was involved with in England was an exceptional experience. “I’m not too sure what is next. Sometimes I feel it’d be great to come back again but who knows.”

‘I knocked a six year deal back a couple of times’ sure you did mate, sure you did.

The Knights have closed all football operations for the remainder of 2021 due to the Newcastle night club cluster

The Knights have closed all football operations for the remainder of 2021 due to the Newcastle night club cluster

Shit, that's gonna hurt their prep.

It's funny to hear Seibold say that the most positive thing to come out of his time at the Broncos was the opportunities and debuts that he gave the young guys. The reality is that he blooded most of them way too early into a team without enough positive role models or senior players and some of them are still suffering because of this.

Admitting that you enjoyed this makes you sound like a psychopath... or just really stupid.

Tom Burgess tests positive to COVID, Souths have to cancel preseason camp.

Tom Burgess tests positive to COVID, Souths have to cancel preseason camp.

Maybe this is why they didn’t want Milf after all, maybe they were worried he’d fake a Covid positive to get out of preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Organix
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • Mr Fourex
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
  • Broncosgirl
  • kman
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.