NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
after saying there would be no more rule changes, the NRL are set to introduce another rule change for next season.

according to Crawley the change will be aimed at stopping team intentionally giving away a six again early in the set.

the change is that defensive teams will again be penalised for infringements inside the 40m zone.

a much needed change IMO, but the 6-again rule is still BS
Should be within the 50 and 7 tackle sets should only occur if the defending team actually catches the ball in their own in-goal. They should have to earn it. That way an attacking kick can still benefit the attack. Fixing this sport would be so easy if the people in charge weren't idiots.

And you need the commentators to buy in as well. Can’t have Gus and co constantly undermining them ala the crackdown

Panthers Statement:

“Penrith Panthers can confirm a significant number of the club’s NRL players and staff are currently self-isolating and will not be available for the recommencement of pre-season training this week,” the club said in a statement.

“The affected players and staff have either tested positive for COVID-19 or been identified as a close contact of a positive case.

“These individuals will only return to training after receiving clearance in accordance with NRL and NSW Government protocols.

“The club respects the privacy of the affected players and staff, and will be making no further comment on the matter at this time.”

When it's the Roosters who have it, the whole season will be delayed so they aren't disadvantaged.

They will be awarded full competition points for the season to make sure they aren't disadvantaged.

And if they lose players, other teams must provide whoever is chosen to replace said player AND 50k to the Roosters as compensation. The Roosters lose Paul Momiroski? Kotoni Staggs and 50k to the Roosters. Lose Victor Radley? Jason Taumololo and 50k to the Roosters. Lose Tedesco? Ponga, TTurbo and Paps plus 150k to the Roosters.

Paul Crawley has done up an analysis of the 16 teams ladder positions since 2007 (best/worst/most common etc)

I had to lol at the Storms where the stats include their weeks spent at the top in 2010 (salary cap cheating), but their worst position doesn't include their run at the bottom after being stripped of their points for blatant cheating.

he does mention the scandal in passing though, lol

EDIT: according to the article here are our stats:

sweet spot: 5th, 40 weeks
dead zone: 16th, 7 weeks
time spent in 1st: 29 weeks
time in the top 4: 108 weeks (6th best)
time in the top 8: 243 weeks (3rd best)

The NRLPA are complaining about the COVID protocols for the upcoming season ... because apparently drinking outside in the beer garden or having a feed at outside tables is too much of a hassle.

Rapana and Wighton have also spoken out on social media

Rapana says:

“I have never seen a vaccine that forced me to wear a mask and maintain my social distance, even when you are fully vaccinated. I had never heard of a vaccine that spreads the virus even after vaccination,” Rapana said on social media.

“I had never heard of rewards, discounts, incentives to get vaccinated. I never saw discrimination for those who didn’t...”

Clint Newton says:

“What the key problem and concerns for us was the restrictions to be placed on players was over and above what the state requirements are,” Newton said.

“In past two years, we’ve operated over and above what community expectations were but that was when Covid was at a low transmission rate.

“We’re in a situation now where hundreds of thousands of people are infected with Covid, either with symptoms or are asymptomatic.

“Trying to stop Covid coming into rugby league, will be like me trying to stop an avalanche with a leaf blower.

“You’re not going to stop it so we’re going to have to work to live with it and the best way to do that, is to allow now more than ever, players to live under no restrictions other than state requirements.”

“Look, no one wants to go back into a bubble,” Newton said.

“However, players are also aware to continue playing rugby league or to travel, there may be some restrictions but that needs to be worked through with us, with a clear rationale around why.”

Jordan Rapana is drinking from the Well...

I would have thought that with higher transmission rates, now would be the best time for increased safety measures. It's true that it is virtually impossible to keep it out of the NRL system, but they should at least avoid it happening so swiftly that it wipes out half the players and the season has to be suspended.

The NRLPA are complaining about the COVID protocols for the upcoming season ... because apparently drinking outside in the beer garden or having a feed at outside tables is too much of a hassle.
No pokies outside though.

Easy answer move their precious pokies outside.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Isn’t this the ideal situation for the NRL? They’d want the NRLPA to shutdown their strict guidelines so now they can let the shit rip through the players and get on with their precious coverage obligations and when someone inevitably gets proper sick they can say “we tried but the NRLPA shut our efforts down”

Why the **** are we meant to care what Jordan Rapana thinks? I mean the average footy player is an idiot and this bloke would make Corey Oates look like a neurosurgeon. He should spend less time spreading bullshit so he can learn how to turn his shoelaces.

When did Rapana gets his PhD in virology?

James Ackerman's mother is suing Francis Molo, The Brisbane Broncos and the Norths Devils for the death of her son.

She is seeking $373,646 in damages for the PTSD she says she suffered as a result of James death 7 years ago.

James Ackerman's mother is suing Francis Molo, The Brisbane Broncos and the Norths Devils for the death of her son.

She is seeking $373,646 in damages for the PTSD she says she suffered as a result of James death 7 years ago.

Like Phillip Hughes there are no winners or argument. If you say it was just an accident- you're minimising a death to a mum, if you destroy Molo's life you're punishing him for a horrible accident.

Whole thing is horrible.

The same as Hughes- the Blues bowled short and now he's dead the parents are saying he was told to play with aggression and now our son is dead.

Has support been provided to the family since it happened?

Tbf broncos could just cover that money easily. And then we all could move on

Tbf broncos could just cover that money easily. And then we all could move on

I imagine they will pretty willingly cover some but it would be interesting to know if they have provided support previously because under the old regime, I bet they wouldn’t even have thought of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • eggstar10
  • Fozz
  • Strop
  • Bish
  • Xzei
  • KeithustEndaf
  • Cavalo
  • theshed
  • broncsgoat
  • kman
  • Santa
  • Old Mate
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • Brocko
  • Justwin
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.