NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine they will pretty willingly cover some but it would be interesting to know if they have provided support previously because under the old regime, I bet they wouldn’t even have thought of it.

That is just ridiculous; White was terrific at community.

The Broncos, Storm, NRL and QRL all facilitated a lunch to raise money for the Family trust in 2015, it raised $340k for the family.

That is just ridiculous; White was terrific at community.

The Broncos, Storm, NRL and QRL all facilitated a lunch to raise money for the Family trust in 2015, it raised $340k for the family.

Anything else?

Some of you people go too far I swear
Why? It's a good question I think.
A mother lost her son. Giving her $340k is a helpful gesture, but giving her free ongoing grief counselling for as long as she needs (whole family too of course) is what she/they need.
It's good to be able to pay the bills, but you aren't counting your bank balance when you are grieving the loss of a loved one.
So in such a case "What else have they done?" is a very fair question.

A mother lost her son. Giving her $340k is a helpful gesture, but giving her free ongoing grief counselling for as long as she needs (whole family too of course) is what she/they need.
It's good to be able to pay the bills, but you aren't counting your bank balance when you are grieving the loss of a loved one.

Might sound harsh, but i dont know what people are expecting the Broncos ( or Norths for that matter as they are involved in this ) to do here. Its been 6 and a half years since that tragic incident with Ackers. I dont get why people think the Broncos are responsible for this. I'm sure if they reached out to Brisbane they would be more than happy to help them out with plenty of things, but i dont feel we should be responsible to support his family financially.

I get they have an issue with Molo, its understandable and i dont blame them. His mother has pretty much come out publicly and said so. They are bitter that Molo has played for QLD and is having some success now while their son isnt here. I also think Molo should have taken the time to speak to them as well personally, but thats another story. There can never been a good outcome for anyone in this sad story.

Might sound harsh, but i dont know what people are expecting the Broncos ( or Norths for that matter as they are involved in this ) to do here. Its been 6 and a half years since that tragic incident with Ackers. I dont get why people think the Broncos are responsible for this. I'm sure if they reached out to Brisbane they would be more than happy to help them out with plenty of things, but i dont feel we should be responsible to support his family financially.

I get they have an issue with Molo, its understandable and i dont blame them. His mother has pretty much come out publicly and said so. They are bitter that Molo has played for QLD and is having some success now while their son isnt here. I also think Molo should have taken the time to speak to them as well personally, but thats another story. There can never been a good outcome for anyone in this sad story.

The issue is and she said this at the enquiry is that Molo did it another two times the next year and the Broncos didn't speak to him at anytime to stop him.

That's why she is holding the Broncos and Norths responsible.

The Falcons/Storm have handled a lot of that.

I think the money is relevant because that's what the family are seeking- they aren't asking for counselling- it's nearly the exact same amount.

The issue is and she said this at the enquiry is that Molo did it another two times the next year and the Broncos didn't speak to him at anytime to stop him.

I certainly know he was told at one point he had to work on his tackling style by the staff at the Broncos, but i couldnt say if it was a one off or not. Could well have been. Thing is though, players know its it illegal in the current game but sometimes it still happens. Not sure you can hold a club responsible for a player making a split second decision to do something in a game. And once you have the history he has its going to be amplified ( rightly so ) every time he does something like that.

I think it's opening a can of worms if she gets a payout.

Then the wife & kids could put in a claim.

I hate to say it and I don't know the situation at all...

But if the family previous got a few hundred thousand, it could be a similar case to when people win the lottery. It's not really lottery money, but a lot for some people, they could very well have had the best intentions but inevitably blew it all with nothing to show for it. This might be their "if only we can win it again this time we won't squander it" moment.

I don’t follow. I mean, I get why she’d be upset that he kept doing it after the fact but how would that entitle her to take legal action?

I absolutely sympathize with her and I hope the club just pay her out to save a big drama in court, but I have to say suing Molo specifically is pretty brutal. He's had time to get past this event which I'm certain was horrific for him as well, and now it's being dredged up again and has the potential to wreck him financially.

I absolutely sympathize with her and I hope the club just pay her out to save a big drama in court, but I have to say suing Molo specifically is pretty brutal. He's had time to get past this event which I'm certain was horrific for him as well, and now it's being dredged up again and has the potential to wreck him financially.
I'd feel more sorry for him if the dickhead didn't come back from the suspension after killing a guy, only to go all in on a shoulder charge his first game back.

No respect for Molo, at all. That one action there made me immediately lose respect for him for life.

Isn't this what player insurance is for? Naming Brisbane in this is purely a legal tactic to put a bigger brand against the lawsuit. It was an accident plain and simple unfortunately. Its actually interesting to see if the statute of limitations has passed on this already.

This rule makes sense, are we sure it is actually going to happen?
Well the chosen one has been quoted saying it will happen, so I don't see why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Lozza
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Pablo
  • Nerd
  • Broncorob
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • thenry
  • john1420
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.