NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So true.......Nathan Brown should have been a huge red flag? The worst coach in NRL history(?)

You have to assume he was being advised by somebody.....what was he, 17yr at the time?

If it was a "manager" **** the **** off ASAP.....

Maybe it was "Dad" who was keen for his kid to start providing for the entire family as quickly as possible. (?)
I don't know what his management is like, but he's always been a bit of a stuck up brat so bolting at the first chance of first grade doesn't surprise me.

The dude was a dad at 18, hardly the patient type.

He's a terrific talent imo.. has all the ingredients to be a great player at NRL level, just needs the right environment and a bit of maturity.
And a better attitude, which to be fair, might come with maturity.

But right now he is equally poised to be the next Dave Taylor or the next Thurston. Really up to him.

I reckon he's got some real class...moves across the ground differently to your average NRL player. Considering what we backed (Isucko) instead of Walsh.....I still consider it an opportunity missed for Brisbane.

He's been spoken about in SOO terms for a good reason........for him to get noticed in his current environment, is a refelction on his raw talent.

The problem right now for him is...he's playing for an absolute basket case of a club, that are capitulating daily. Those advising him a couple years back were terribly short sighted....I smell a greedy, dickhead parent in there..... in much the same way as Ponga's old man is.
I really don't we did back Isucko over Walsh.....we played Isucko while developing Walsh, and it was the right call.
Walsh didn't want to be developed, didn't want to wait, so he took off at the first chance.
I don't see that as the Broncos backing anyone over him, if anything they backed Walsh long term.
Agree totally with the greedy bad advising parent stuff though.

The walker brothers coaching NRL. Do you think it's possible or too out there as a playing style for NRL

I reckon he's got some real class...moves across the ground differently to your average NRL player. Considering what we backed (Isucko) instead of Walsh.....I still consider it an opportunity missed for Brisbane.

He's been spoken about in SOO terms for a good reason........for him to get noticed in his current environment, is a refelction on his raw talent.

The problem right now for him is...he's playing for an absolute basket case of a club, that are capitulating daily. Those advising him a couple years back were terribly short sighted....I smell a greedy, dickhead parent in there..... in much the same way as Ponga's old man is.

In what world is he playing like a player who deserves to even be considered mentioning for Origin?

I agree with the last bit, any player will be better out of that club, but how can his name be mentioned for Origin while he sucks there?

I think Walsh was only mentioned for SOO because we literally had no one else available (well not technically, but the cupboard was pretty bare and he looked an interesting prospect so why not?).

I honestly haven't seen enough of him to comment fairly on him. Warriors games are far too frustrating to watch.

I was more referencing his SOO opportunity last year.......of which at one point, he was a red hot chance.

Andrew McCullough at 300 games. He’d have been close to overtaking Locky if it wasn’t for injuries

Andrew McCullough at 300 games. He’d have been close to overtaking Locky if it wasn’t for injuries
He is still only 32 which seems crazy. Imagine if he overtakes Cameron Smith.

I think Walsh was only mentioned for SOO because we literally had no one else available (well not technically, but the cupboard was pretty bare and he looked an interesting prospect so why not?).

I honestly haven't seen enough of him to comment fairly on him. Warriors games are far too frustrating to watch.

Totally RE Warrior games
vomit GIF

I don't think Hook will be coach long enough to allow it to happen, otherwise, yeah it might.
Hahaha fair point. But somehow Griffin keeps getting positions even after being sacked, so maybe McCullough can just continue to follow him from club to club.

1 NSW team in the top 4.....NswRL must be having crisis meetings at HQ.......what rules can we change to fix this?????

The walker brothers coaching NRL. Do you think it's possible or too out there as a playing style for NRL
They’ve been away from the game for years and their gimmicks were found out, leading to them not doing as well in the QLD Cup. They need to split up and try their hand as assistants somewhere.

I watched Gus Gould be interviewed and asked about the Walkers......

I think he as much admitted it could be fun to watch but.......almost impossible to implement their theories across the board at all grades within the/a club.

In other words......no, they aren't really serious enough to be taken as the real deal.

so Rothfield (and then Anasta) suggested that Cody Walkers form is down because Latrell hasn't been on the field for most of the year, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.