NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
so Rothfield (and then Anasta) suggested that Cody Walkers form is down because Latrell hasn't been on the field for most of the year, lol
And Kent just indicated that Ilias is one of Anasta's clients... explains why they've been giving him such massive raps all year.

I don't think he's been all that impressive when looking at some of the fundamentals required for a halfback... digging deep into the line, accurate long kicking game and short kicking game for forced drop outs and his wingers.

And Kent just indicated that Ilias is one of Anasta's clients... explains why they've been giving him such massive raps all year.

I don't think he's been all that impressive when looking at some of the fundamentals required for a halfback... digging deep into the line, accurate long kicking game and short kicking game for forced drop outs and his wingers.

"No conflict of interest."

Just to show how awful NRL journalists are

First paragraph.
"The Wests Tigers recruitment has come under fire after the club agreed to let $750,000 signing Tyrone Peachey negotiate with rivals"

Halfway in the story ..

“The Tigers’ administration ticked off on the deal. $300,000 this year and $350,000 next year.

Nice maths dickheads.

IRL have banned trans athletes from competing in any international/rep fixtures. NRL have yet to make a call.

There were rumours earlier in the year that a former NRL player transitioned and wanted to play WNRL, but as it always is with these hot topics, it's hard to filter truth from people spreading rumours to troll.

Just to show how awful NRL journalists are

First paragraph.
"The Wests Tigers recruitment has come under fire after the club agreed to let $750,000 signing Tyrone Peachey negotiate with rivals"

Halfway in the story ..

“The Tigers’ administration ticked off on the deal. $300,000 this year and $350,000 next year.

Nice maths dickheads.
Some journos, including Peter Badel, have developed this annoying and misleading habit of using the total value of a player's contract when describing the contract. ie last year when Reece Walsh signed with the Warriors, he was written up as a millionaire or the youngest millionaire in the NRL or something similar, because his three year deal was worth $1.2 million in total or whatever it was..

Why they can't just stick to X amount per season when that's the way every NRL fan relates to players' salaries is beyond me. Well it's not beyond me, of course it's just another clickbait tactic, but it's pointless and stupid imo.

IRL have banned trans athletes from competing in any international/rep fixtures. NRL have yet to make a call.

There were rumours earlier in the year that a former NRL player transitioned and wanted to play WNRL, but as it always is with these hot topics, it's hard to filter truth from people spreading rumours to troll.
Aaron Woods finally leaning into his nickname ?

Some journos, including Peter Badel, have developed this annoying and misleading habit of using the total value of a player's contract when describing the contract. ie last year when Reece Walsh signed with the Warriors, he was written up as a millionaire or the youngest millionaire in the NRL or something similar, because his three year deal was worth $1.2 million in total or whatever it was..

Why they can't just stick to X amount per season when that's the way every NRL fan relates to players' salaries is beyond me. Well it's not beyond me, of course it's just another clickbait tactic, but it's pointless and stupid imo.
Pointless and stupid pretty much describes everything Badel does 😂

The Titans high performance manager Klint Hoare has been sacked.

He's reportedly a close friend of Holbrook. the media are saying this is a "warning shot" to Holbrook

Holbrook got his gig on the back of promising he would get ash Taylor to the club.

The Titans high performance manager Klint Hoare has been sacked.

He's reportedly a close friend of Holbrook. the media are saying this is a "warning shot" to Holbrook

They sacked the wrong bloke.

Holbrook got his gig on the back of promising he would get ash Taylor to the club.

Out of the club, right?

Unless you're thinking of Garth Brennan who had the task of bringing through a young squad and getting the most out of Taylor.

I'm pretty sure Holbrook was brought into help clean up that mess.

Out of the club, right?

Unless you're thinking of Garth Brennan who had the task of bringing through a young squad and getting the most out of Taylor.

I'm pretty sure Holbrook was brought into help clean up that mess.
My bad.

Is there any footy on tonight? Seems a bit dumb to have all 3 internationals tomorrow and have nothing on a Friday.

Brent Read reporting that Kristian Woolf has rejected a lucrative long term offer from the Warriors as he want to return to Australia.

says that Ciraldo and Flanagan have ruled out pursuing the job

finally he says that the Warriors are on the lookout for an emerging coach, ruling Paul Green out of the race. Josh Hannay, John Morris, Ben Hornby and Dean Young could be potential options. (although, i would have thought this one would also rule out Woold, as he is a two time premiership winner in the UK)

Brent Read reporting that Kristian Woolf has rejected a lucrative long term offer from the Warriors as he want to return to Australia.

says that Ciraldo and Flanagan have ruled out pursuing the job

finally he says that the Warriors are on the lookout for an emerging coach, ruling Paul Green out of the race. Josh Hannay, John Morris, Ben Hornby and Dean Young could be potential options. (although, i would have thought this one would also rule out Woold, as he is a two time premiership winner in the UK)

Watching these clubs scrap away looking for the next "super coach" makes me appreciate the fact that we weren't so trigger happy with Kevvie

Watching these clubs scrap away looking for the next "super coach" makes me appreciate the fact that we weren't so trigger happy with Kevvie
Everything seems to have solidified more at the club since White fucked off .....and Ikin stepped in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.