NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based of google images yes.

Insta not soo much

Meh looks 16

R Kelly GIF

Rothfield reporting that a 4th coach is "on the verge" of being sacked ... Justin Holbrook

the Titans have the bye next week and could have a new coach when they play us, the week after.

he says the Titans want an experienced coach to take over, so could be Flanagan or Green

Rothfield reporting that a 4th coach is "on the verge" of being sacked ... Justin Holbrook

the Titans have the bye next week and could have a new coach when they play us, the week after.

he says the Titans want an experienced coach to take over, so could be Flanagan or Green

That is going to be a sizeable pay out you would think.

one final thing Rothfield says is that Holbrook has performance clause in his contract, so wouldn't be entitled to a massive pay out
I feel like Holbrook is very likely to be feeling the pressure and one thing that might have been triggered, if a performance clause does in fact exist, is that with last night's loss the titans can no longer get to a 50/50 win-loss ratio, as it was their 13th loss for the season.

one final thing Rothfield says is that Holbrook has performance clause in his contract, so wouldn't be entitled to a massive pay out

Well then that is smart business. It has been clear for a couple of months already (which is really concerning) that he has no idea how to fix this mess.

Jarrad Wallace charged with a Grade 2 and would miss 2 weeks with an early plea... Are the NRL for real with this charge??

Am I misremembering things or wasn't the tackled player pretty well vertical in that tackle last night?? I thought it was potentially the worst of all the spear tackles this year and he's only going to get 2 weeks??

Didn't Flegler cop 2 weeks for tackling too hard at the start of the year??... how the hell can those two tackles be comparable in punishment.

I thought he'd be looking at anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks... 4 weeks would be consistent with what Naden got a few weeks back, but was blasted as lenient at the time.

This one may go under the radar by the NSWRL pundits, because they have to feign outrage about the rorters getting reamed, but JWall needs to go buy himself a lottery ticket because to me he got off very very lightly for a shocking tackle.

I feel sorry for Holbrook, he's been handcuffed by rather stupid recruiting decisions of other idiots at the club and it now looks like he is the one who will become the scapegoat.

Weren't all these signings under his watch? I'm sure he was pressured into signing a few high profile players but at the end of the day he is the head coach and has to assume full responsibility for that component.

With that said, the Gold Coast are so far behind other clubs it's going to take more than a good head coach to turn the place around. They need years of success off the field to build a proper foundation and get the talent through.

The biggest cause for concern heading into the season was that Isaako and W. Smith both found themselves in crucial positions in the team. That shouldn't happen and you really ought to be bringing through better talent by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.