NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Titans are reportedly considering Flanagan to be Holbrook's right hand man.

if that happens Holbrook will be a dead man walking

Flanagan says:

“You don’t rule anything out,” Flanagan said.

“I would consider it, but under my contract with the Dragons, I could only leave if I was offered a head-coaching job.

“I have a lot going on with my life in Sydney, so for me to pack up and move to the Gold Coast would be a big call, but as it stands it hasn’t been put to me.

“I have a lot of stuff on with Fox and the radio and my commitments to the Dragons. I don’t think the Titans would have the money to match it anyway, it would be a big move.

“I haven’t heard anything lately to be honest. I actually know Justin. I was thinking about being a contractor to the Titans, I spoke to them last year about helping them for this season but I haven’t heard anything since then.”

If Flanagan was the head coach and still couldn't do anything the club should just be shut down.

Can we eject this idiot from the game?
He'll never go, so just learn to love him.

Can we eject this idiot from the game?
Yes indeed. But if he is matching wits with Perrottet he may well be half a chance. Perrottet knows they have no money left to splash on football stadiums and won’t want the GF this year because he also knows it will be the Broncs v Cowboys.

The public war of words continues between the NRL and NSW Government:

Vlandys says

“We’re going to look at all options and one of the options is for us to stay in Sydney for us to honour our agreement – and we expect them to honour their [agreement],” V’landys said. “That decision will be made in the next two to three days.

“One of the disappointing aspects is we’ve trusted them for the last three months and we kept getting told, ‘there is this happening and that happening. Can you wait for the announcement to happen at a different period?’ Now it’s given us limited opportunity given we’re weeks away from the grand final.

“The main option for us is they’ve got a legally binding agreement and for them to honour that legally binding agreement. You can’t choose and cherry-pick when you honour an agreement. If you’ve got an agreement, you should honour it. Full stop

“This was the fifth excuse they’ve given us as to why they’re not honouring the agreement. To use the human tragedy of the floods to weasel and spin your way out of a commitment takes it to another level. It’s complete spin.”

Perrottet says his government had put close to $2 billion towards sporting infrastructure

“Whether that’s in centres of excellence or whether that is in relation to grassroots community support, and I’m very proud of that track record. But when circumstances change, priorities change,” he said.

“Ultimately I’m not accountable to Peter V’landys, I’m accountable to the people of NSW. They are my priority.”

NSW Opposition Leader Chris Minns says

“I’ve been touring emergency departments and health precincts in NSW over the last few weeks and they are under serious pressure,” Minns said.

“They need investment they need more money. I just don’t think there’s the funds to complete major new redevelopments of suburban NRL grounds at the moment and so I think the Premier has made the right call.“

Vlandys on the new Sydney Football Stadium, calling it unnecessary

“It’s a 42,000-seat stadium,” V’landys said. “You’re going to get your honeymoon period for the next few weeks where it’s going to be full, but after that it’s going to be 10,000 or 15,000 [crowds].

“They could have used that $1 billion and built suburban stadiums elsewhere. We want the money invested in suburban areas where they’re multipurpose facilities.”

The public war of words continues between the NRL and NSW Government:

Vlandys says

“We’re going to look at all options and one of the options is for us to stay in Sydney for us to honour our agreement – and we expect them to honour their [agreement],” V’landys said. “That decision will be made in the next two to three days.

“One of the disappointing aspects is we’ve trusted them for the last three months and we kept getting told, ‘there is this happening and that happening. Can you wait for the announcement to happen at a different period?’ Now it’s given us limited opportunity given we’re weeks away from the grand final.

“The main option for us is they’ve got a legally binding agreement and for them to honour that legally binding agreement. You can’t choose and cherry-pick when you honour an agreement. If you’ve got an agreement, you should honour it. Full stop

“This was the fifth excuse they’ve given us as to why they’re not honouring the agreement. To use the human tragedy of the floods to weasel and spin your way out of a commitment takes it to another level. It’s complete spin.”

Perrottet says his government had put close to $2 billion towards sporting infrastructure

“Whether that’s in centres of excellence or whether that is in relation to grassroots community support, and I’m very proud of that track record. But when circumstances change, priorities change,” he said.

“Ultimately I’m not accountable to Peter V’landys, I’m accountable to the people of NSW. They are my priority.”

NSW Opposition Leader Chris Minns says

“I’ve been touring emergency departments and health precincts in NSW over the last few weeks and they are under serious pressure,” Minns said.

“They need investment they need more money. I just don’t think there’s the funds to complete major new redevelopments of suburban NRL grounds at the moment and so I think the Premier has made the right call.“

Vlandys on the new Sydney Football Stadium, calling it unnecessary

“It’s a 42,000-seat stadium,” V’landys said. “You’re going to get your honeymoon period for the next few weeks where it’s going to be full, but after that it’s going to be 10,000 or 15,000 [crowds].

“They could have used that $1 billion and built suburban stadiums elsewhere. We want the money invested in suburban areas where they’re multipurpose facilities.”
dragons' den hand GIF by CBC

Vlandys is absolutely right on the SFS, a total waste of money for a stadium in the wrong part of Sydney, only Roosters have signed on to be tenants so thats going to be empty, the stadium has cost 200 million more then the planned rebuilt homebush stadium as well which is twice the size.

I just had to laugh at Dean Ritchie's article saying that QLD don't deserve the GF.

to back up his argument he says rugby league greats claim a GF in Brisbane would be “sad, disgraceful, wrong, disappointing and terrible.”

he then quotes three former players, all from NSW (Craig Coleman, Benny Elias and Bryan Fletcher)

I just had to laugh at Dean Ritchie's article saying that QLD don't deserve the GF.

to back up his argument he says rugby league greats claim a GF in Brisbane would be “sad, disgraceful, wrong, disappointing and terrible.”

he then quotes three former players, all from NSW (Craig Coleman, Benny Elias and Bryan Fletcher)

Meh let me know when Ritchie ever writes or says something relevant.

Hint: It hasn’t and won’t ever happen.

The Dragons coaching cull continues, James Graham has been sacked from his role mentoring the club’s elite pathways
It's crazy how they basically remove everyone but the actual problem who's entire strategy is signing old men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • Big Del
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.