NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A coach shouldn’t be saying that in a press conference but talking about suing him his ridiculous. If Salmon doesn’t want to be called a weak dog then he shouldn’t act like one.

Just fine is enough he did not swear say rascist remaarks .Listen to what they say on a field is much worse.

Tigers won't be pursuing legal action to try and have the Cowboys result overturned despite all of the evidence that the officials didn't act within the rules.

That was a waste of time.

Tigers won't be pursuing legal action to try and have the Cowboys result overturned despite all of the evidence that the officials didn't act within the rules.

That was a waste of time.

"We'll give you favourable calls for the foreseeable future like we did the Cowboys. In exchange for not dragging the NRL through the courts, exposing how corrupt it is".

It was never going to court. Like the tigers would really give a **** about it getting reversed. Makes absolutely no difference to their season.

On that, I was thinking over the weekend whether there is an overall integrity watchdog for professional sport. There is obviously ASADA who look after doping, but is there, or should there be, an overall group that monitors the integrity of professional sport as a whole?

Considering the billions of dollars at stake over however many codes, if there is the interest for the participants to have to compete fairly (again, doping), is there an interest for the competitions themselves to be held accountable for the integrity and fairness of their respective competitions?

What Ricky said was good entertainment.

What's with all the mother henning and pearl clutching going on. Bring on more press conference calling out!
He basically said that as a 12 year old child, Salmon was a coward and a dog. Now I'm about as far from a snowflake as you'll get but how anyone could be okay with that I have no idea.

It was never going to court. Like the tigers would really give a **** about it getting reversed. Makes absolutely no difference to their season.
Could make a difference between the Cows getting a home or away final in the first round of finals, though. Which could have ramifications across the entire finals, potentially.

Slightly unprofessional?

This is a fully grown man ......still holding a grudge against a 12 yr old (at the time)....and then calls him a shitcunt on national TV for no real reason, other than to air his personal grievances that he obviously hasn't moved on from.

The **** should be stood down and deregistered.
It's a game for entertainment, bring on calling others shit *****. I want more, not less. Might make some of the shit games more interesting to watch.

Get called for being a shitcunt as an adult, playing a professional sport and for the way you're perceived to be playing it.

Not for making another kid cry when you were a 12 yr old.

Because some kids really are little *****.
Absolutely there are. I've been involved in training kids for the last 8 years and there are some who'd you love to give a kick in the arse. But as an adult you obviously can't do that. Same as verbally abusing them.
And I've always said when you're dealing with a child like that, it's the parents fault, not the child's.

Well, Annesley actually admitted that the Leilua try for the Cowboys was a double movement. Just sucks that it actually wasn't called at that point in the game, because it would have changed the momentum for the Bulldogs and the Cowboys were losing at that point.

Not happy about the Brandon Smith Hip-Drop only being an $1800 fine.

Well, Annesley actually admitted that the Leilua try for the Cowboys was a double movement. Just sucks that it actually wasn't called at that point in the game, because it would have changed the momentum for the Bulldogs and the Cowboys were losing at that point.

He also said the Taulagi no try should have been awarded

Not happy about the Brandon Smith Hip-Drop only being an $1800 fine.

you or Annesley? i didn't watch the whole presser ... there's only so much BS i can stand

He also said the Taulagi no try should have been awarded
Yeah, that is true. I personally have the feeling that the Leilua try was a gimme from the refs for getting the Taulagi one wrong. I can see how the Bunker got that wrong, because they are coached like robots and go into pedant mode with all this "upper arm touched = knock-on" blabla.
you or Annesley? i didn't watch the whole presser ... there's only so much BS i can stand
Me. I am not happy. I don't think Annesley mentioned it. I also have my limits, and this was even a short briefing.

With regards to both incidents, my main concern remains consistency. Taulagi's No-Try falls outside that domain, IMO. Just a shit 50-50 call and not a blatant disregard for precedent that was literally set 1-2 weeks earlier.

Yeah, that is true. I personally have the feeling that the Leilua try was a gimme from the refs for getting the Taulagi one wrong. I can see how the Bunker got that wrong, because they are coached like robots and go into pedant mode with all this "upper arm touched = knock-on" blabla.

Me. I am not happy. I don't think Annesley mentioned it. I also have my limits, and this was even a short briefing.

With regards to both incidents, my main concern remains consistency. Taulagi's No-Try falls outside that domain, IMO. Just a shit 50-50 call and not a blatant disregard for precedent that was literally set 1-2 weeks earlier.
The double movement isn't even a close judgement call.

If the ref seriously believed that momentum would have carried the ball over the line regardless of promotion, he should never fucking ref again. The knock on, fair enough, sorta 50/50 it's understandable whichever way you go.

Get called for being a shitcunt as an adult, playing a professional sport and for the way you're perceived to be playing it.

Not for making another kid cry when you were a 12 yr old.
Well the NRL looks to agree with you, apparently Ricky will be copping a 20k fine and a 1 game ban.

The double movement isn't even a close judgement call.

If the ref seriously believed that momentum would have carried the ball over the line regardless of promotion, he should never fucking ref again. The knock on, fair enough, sorta 50/50 it's understandable whichever way you go.
Absolutely agree.

Leilua was 100% a double movement and was disgusting to see that given, especially considering Hosking's being such a point of contention a couple of weeks earlier.

Same old story of NRL being like "oopsies" but it changes nothing. Cowboys kissed on the penisi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.