NRL Injury Discussion - 2017

Get advanced robots as refs ASAP. Then we can enjoy some quality football, maybe even a Broncos win or two, before we have to fight these robots for humanities survival.

I think the answer to referee problem is simple, get them together at the start of the year, assign them a full team (two main refs, two linesman and in goal judges), and have them referee together for the whole year so they can get some consistency going.

I think the answer to referee problem is simple, get them together at the start of the year, assign them a full team (two main refs, two linesman and in goal judges), and have them referee together for the whole year so they can get some consistency going.

not a bad idea ... but:

Archer needs to go.

Refs need to be held accountable for their mistakes, currently every time a mistake is made Archer and the NRL claim they made the right call, so their stats look better (when we all know they are a lie)

It used to be that Refs had to be based in Sydney if they wanted a shot at the NRL, and I think that is poor management as it rules out a whole lot of potentially quality refs from the ISC that simply don't want to live in Sydney. and unless it has changed, this type of thinking is idiocy from the NRL and shows they still think Sydney is the be-all-and-end-all of rugby league.

I would also be in favour of going back to a single ref ...

and the biggest thing that needs to happen is to STOP MANAGING THE FUCKING GAME, REF TO THE RULES AS THEY ARE WRITTEN ...

This means don't worry about penalty count, if a player infringes penalise them ... don't worry about whether there is a lopsided penalty count, forget square-up penalties. teams will eventually learn and the game will be far better for it

not a bad idea ... but:

Archer needs to go.

Refs need to be held accountable for their mistakes, currently every time a mistake is made Archer and the NRL claim they made the right call, so their stats look better (when we all know they are a lie)

It used to be that Refs had to be based in Sydney if they wanted a shot at the NRL, and I think that is poor management as it rules out a whole lot of potentially quality refs from the ISC that simply don't want to live in Sydney. and unless it has changed, this type of thinking is idiocy from the NRL and shows they still think Sydney is the be-all-and-end-all of rugby league.

I would also be in favour of going back to a single ref ...

and the biggest thing that needs to happen is to STOP MANAGING THE FUCKING GAME, REF TO THE RULES AS THEY ARE WRITTEN ...

This means don't worry about penalty count, if a player infringes penalise them ... don't worry about whether there is a lopsided penalty count, forget square-up penalties. teams will eventually learn and the game will be far better for it

I am fully happy that Archer supports his refs. People must remember, without the ref, you have no game to start with. They cop enough shit without having to front the media to explain themselves if they stuff up. At least Archer always has their backs and doesn't just bury them like you know coaches would if they had the chance. The coaches would just ram it down their throat to pretty much deflect a loss which is absolutely pathetic. Good teams will put aside dodgy calls and still get the win. And simply just saying Archer needs to go is deflecting the problem. They have no other better candidate to step up to the job. Archer was the best ref in the comp at the time of his appointment. If you want to fix the problem, you simply need to give them the funding and their own little referees academy to develop proper NRL refs and such like.

Kaysa Pritchard is pushing for a return to the NRL this season.

He hasn't had surgery yet and it seems the extent of damage may not have been as severe as first made out.

He will test his knee out in training in the next weeks. If it holds up, he will play again this season.

Torn ACL for Sandor Earl

1zsv00.jpg

Josh Hodgson will miss a large portion of the 2018 season after suffering an ACL injury in the England vs Tonga game.

Josh Hodgson will miss a large portion of the 2018 season after suffering an ACL injury in the England vs Tonga game.
Not the thread for it, but gives an opening for James Roby as hooker for England.

Although most aren't, there are a few on the Greenhouse blaming Bennett.
Lol, there are some deranged clowns over there, that's for sure.

England coach Wayne Bennett has slammed the NRL for not allowing the Raiders salary cap relief, after Josh Hodgson ruptured his ACL in their World Cup semi-final win over Tonga.
Bennett didn't hold back, even going as far as stating NRL hierarchy doesn't care about the clubs or players.
"I have no doubt they (Canberra) should get it (salary-cap dispensation)," Bennett told reporters on Thursday morning.
"It defies logic to me that we give our players to the game which we are happy to do, be it the World Cup or Origin, and then an injury happens and the game says you have to suck it as well.
"It’s just ... what’s the word ... disappointing that the game doesn’t care enough about the contributions we make for them to say it’s going to be a salary-cap issue.
"It shouldn’t be a salary-cap issue. Canberra should be compensated by allowing them to have another player (under the salary cap)."
The 'Super Coach' was then asked if he would take the issue up with the NRL in person, however, Bennett continued to fire shots.
"Why would I talk to them? It’s a waste of time,” he said.
"It’s common sense. I give you something, they use it, they break it, then they don’t want to compensate me for it.
"The game doesn’t have to put the money in anyway, the club still has to put the extra money in, but they just want the right to do that.
"The clubs aren’t asking the game to give us an extra $100,000, we’re saying let us spend the money on someone else to get the job done because this (injured) guy is going to be out for seven or eight months.
"It’s totally unfair on the club. That’s why we get a kickback when the clubs carry on about playing rep football because the game doesn’t respect what we’ve done."
Hodgson, will require a full knee reconstruction to repair the damaged ligament that will see the Raiders hooker miss most of the 2018 NRL season.
From Triple.com.au
The irony is delicious. Imagine the heads of some Canberra fans exploding at having to agree and give kudos to Bennett!

From Triple.com.au
The irony is delicious. Imagine the heads of some Canberra fans exploding at having to agree and give kudos to Bennett!

I have no doubt they'd still be calling him a ****.

If South Sydney fans are questioning Angus Crichton’s commitment to the club, they only need to look at his hand.
The young star has made the dramatic decision to chop off his finger in order to start the 2018 season with the Rabbitohs.
Foxsports.com.au can reveal the 21-year-old has had his middle finger on his left hand amputated.
The amputation is below the middle knuckle and happened earlier this week.
Crichton had already previously had several surgeries on his middle finger after rupturing the tendon while playing in the NYC.
Due to the injury, the backrower essentially had no knuckle on his finger which severely limited his range of movement.
Due to the lack of movement, he’s broken the finger numerous times over the past two seasons which has required four fusions to fix.

He won't be pulling any John Hopoate's any time soon..

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • BroncosAlways
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • Strop
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.