NRL Injury Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like the injuries have started nice and early, just from this weeks trails:

Grant
Egan
Flegler,
Arthars
Dugan (surprise, surprise)
Blore

and the NRL are almost entirely to blame for this by fucking with the rules, to speed up and already quick game

looks like the injuries have started nice and early, just from this weeks trails:

Grant
Egan
Flegler,
Arthars
Blore

and the NRL are almost entirely to blame for this by fucking with the rules, to speed up and already quick game

As in Harry Grant? What happened to him?

****, he was my SC hooker

Bellamy has said he doesn't think he'll be right for round 1, looking at 3 - 4 weeks ... you might get him back for round 2 or 3 (i wouldn't be trading him just yet 😛 )

Last edited:

Grant
Egan
Flegler,
Arthars
Blore

Of all the (often legitimate) complaints I hear about Rugby League, the need for it be even faster is honestly one I've just never come across.

Of all the (often legitimate) complaints I hear about Rugby League, the need for it be even faster is honestly one I've just never come across.
I remember heaps of people complaining about the speed of the game during the heavy wrestling days.

I remember heaps of people complaining about the speed of the game during the heavy wrestling days.
That was years ago though. We'd already come a long way from then, and in the last 18 months we seem to have really gone the other way now.

I don't think we need to worry about COVID shutting down the season this year ... the bigger concern is injuries ending the season. if Vlandy's wants to continue with these new rules, then his next move had better be to significantly increase squad sizes from the current level of 30

the trial weekend saw 7 injuries
round 1 looks like there were 10 injuries to report

maybe that's why they changed the rules to allow players outside a clubs top squad to play after round 13 with a training deal ... because they know most clubs will be needing to use them by then

Taumalolo has broken his hand at training, expected to be sideline for 4-6 week

Taumalolo has broken his hand at training, expected to be sideline for 4-6 week

Just looking through their draw to see what impact this has...fark they have a saaaawwft draw.

The Dragons are challenging us for inept medical staff. On the NRl casualty listing...:
--------------------------
Dragons coach Anthony Griffin expects halfback Ben Hunt to be fit for round four despite leaving the field with a corked thigh in Friday night's win over Manly.

Hunt was affected by the injury during the second half and was replaced inside the final 10 minutes.

With the Dragons now having a nine-day break before facing Newcastle, Griffin expects his star No.7 to be ready to play.

Shortly followed by:
Dragons captain Ben Hunt suffered an impact fracture to his fibula during Friday night's win over Manly.

Hunt will have further consultations with medical staff during the week with his return date unknown at this stage.

I wonder if the talking heads will forget at some point that they are supposed to worship Vlandys and start criticising the game speed and the seemingly stark increase in injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Spooky1013
  • Old Mate
  • Browny
  • Bucking Beads
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Galah
  • sooticus
  • eggstar10
  • broncotville
  • Fatboy
  • Jazza
  • NSW stables
  • davidp
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Morepudding
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.