NRL Injury Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would have to be just about it for BMoz. Coming back from an ACL at his age is just not doable.

I've had a lot of respect for BMoz throughout his career, he got found out a couple of times in Origin but was always a great club player and seemed a no-nonsense, reliable bloke.

But from his first game at the Roosters he showed an out-of-character arrogance and grubbiness. I'd never seen it from him before, it was bizarre. Not that he deserves an ACL injury to end his career, just an observation.

Bmoz and Jmoz will be huge losses for the roosters in the coming years.

They're basically players that would otherwise cost $400k each that they got for chump change.

Trying to replace them will be very difficult... although I can see them trying to lure Fergo back. I don't think he'll come back as cheap the Morris twins, but he's a reliable veteran that can slot straight into their systems.

Rorters will get some cap relief probably thanks to Uncle Nick. I reckon they will go to the market and get Folau.

Rorters will get some cap relief probably thanks to Uncle Nick. I reckon they will go to the market and get Folau.
I think they’ll bring in who we should be chasing -Todd Carney.

Staggs, I have a feeling will go to the Roosters.

Staggs, I have a feeling will go to the Roosters.

But of course he'll go there for $400k.......just because................. you know the Roosters are so awesome.

the Rabbitohs have 4 injuries to deal with coming from their win over the Raiders ... Reynolds, Murray, Graham and Paulo

Collins and Brett Morris look out for the season both with suspected ACL injuries

Confirmation that the career of Brett Morris is over. Officially retired.

It's a shame to see a career end due to injury, especially for a bloke like him. I always hated going up against sides that had him in it, because he had a tendency to score against us.

Hell, his first ever try in the NRL was against us in 2006 when he won the game for the Dragons scoring from a kick in the final minute of the game.

It's a shame it ended on a sour note but what a career.

He hit the ground running as well. Was one of the best wingers in the competition when he debuted and enjoyed a lot of tries playing alongside Cooper on that left edge for the Dragons. He had injury problems in 2007 which ultimately saw him only play two games which was another reason for the Dragons downfall that year and when he returned in 2008 they had him play fullback which was a pretty big ask.

Brett wasn't horrible in the position or anything but he was surrounded by guys like Slater, B. Stewart, Hunt and he just didn't have the consistency of those fullbacks.

Then in 2009, he became a key figure in Bennett's makeover of the Dragons. Bennett had the Dragons playing like a well oiled machine and Morris was the guy who would spark them early in sets or finish off those difficult tries. I thought he was head and shoulders the best winger in the competition and was really unlucky not to be in the State of Origin team. Looking back, it's kind of a joke that Wolfman and McManus were preferred over him. Even at the time, I don't think anyone was calling for Williams who was really struggling after a break-out 08.

However when he played for Australia he didn't quite live up to his club form and was guilty of blowing opportunities and his inability to perform at that rep level really affected his perception. People started seeing him as just a good club player who couldn't quite reach that next level.

It seemed like once Bennett left the Dragons that maybe he had his 15 minutes of fame and he'd end up like an Amos Roberts type. The good club player with the odd occasional highlight but largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. He was largely ignored for the State of Origin until the decider and that's when things changed. Even though they lost, Brett was the best player on the field in the opening 10 minutes and he and his brother came up with some of the key plays of the night. That was the game where GI looked like he was going to seal the series for all money only for them to somehow orchestrate a try saver via the goal posts.

From that point on, he became a really good winger at all levels which was cemented with his defensive efforts in the opener. Unfortunately his brother came up with one of the gutsiest try-savers of the night but it was a magnificent effort in one of the biggest upset wins for the Blues.

He eventually followed his brother over to the Bulldogs where originally they had him play fullback but his body just couldn't handle it. It was a shame too because he was one of those rare wingers who actually did make the transition late in his career and was one of the better fullbacks in the competition. However a serious knee injury at the start of the 2016 season basically put an end to that experiment and he returned to the wing where he was good but a week to week proposition. The Bulldogs were starting to come apart at the seams and they couldn't really afford to have Brett as a week to week proposition so they decided to move him on in 2018.

I thought he left the Dogs on strong terms and a lot of their form in the back end of the season could be attributed to him and his brother down that edge. Then he made the switch to Sydney on a cut price deal which worked out because he wasn't under pressure to play the entire season and he was a seamless replacement for Ferguson. The crazy thing about that stint is that he just kept getting better with each subsequent season and he was playing as good a footy as he ever had before he retired.

He's one of those players where nobody has a bad word to say about him and with a 176 tries to his name had a fantastic career. He had huge shoes to fill with his dad Steve but I think both he and his brother have managed it and then some.

It's a shame it ended on a sour note but what a career.

He hit the ground running as well. Was one of the best wingers in the competition when he debuted and enjoyed a lot of tries playing alongside Cooper on that left edge for the Dragons. He had injury problems in 2007 which ultimately saw him only play two games which was another reason for the Dragons downfall that year and when he returned in 2008 they had him play fullback which was a pretty big ask.

Brett wasn't horrible in the position or anything but he was surrounded by guys like Slater, B. Stewart, Hunt and he just didn't have the consistency of those fullbacks.

Then in 2009, he became a key figure in Bennett's makeover of the Dragons. Bennett had the Dragons playing like a well oiled machine and Morris was the guy who would spark them early in sets or finish off those difficult tries. I thought he was head and shoulders the best winger in the competition and was really unlucky not to be in the State of Origin team. Looking back, it's kind of a joke that Wolfman and McManus were preferred over him. Even at the time, I don't think anyone was calling for Williams who was really struggling after a break-out 08.

However when he played for Australia he didn't quite live up to his club form and was guilty of blowing opportunities and his inability to perform at that rep level really affected his perception. People started seeing him as just a good club player who couldn't quite reach that next level.

It seemed like once Bennett left the Dragons that maybe he had his 15 minutes of fame and he'd end up like an Amos Roberts type. The good club player with the odd occasional highlight but largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. He was largely ignored for the State of Origin until the decider and that's when things changed. Even though they lost, Brett was the best player on the field in the opening 10 minutes and he and his brother came up with some of the key plays of the night. That was the game where GI looked like he was going to seal the series for all money only for them to somehow orchestrate a try saver via the goal posts.

From that point on, he became a really good winger at all levels which was cemented with his defensive efforts in the opener. Unfortunately his brother came up with one of the gutsiest try-savers of the night but it was a magnificent effort in one of the biggest upset wins for the Blues.

He eventually followed his brother over to the Bulldogs where originally they had him play fullback but his body just couldn't handle it. It was a shame too because he was one of those rare wingers who actually did make the transition late in his career and was one of the better fullbacks in the competition. However a serious knee injury at the start of the 2016 season basically put an end to that experiment and he returned to the wing where he was good but a week to week proposition. The Bulldogs were starting to come apart at the seams and they couldn't really afford to have Brett as a week to week proposition so they decided to move him on in 2018.

I thought he left the Dogs on strong terms and a lot of their form in the back end of the season could be attributed to him and his brother down that edge. Then he made the switch to Sydney on a cut price deal which worked out because he wasn't under pressure to play the entire season and he was a seamless replacement for Ferguson. The crazy thing about that stint is that he just kept getting better with each subsequent season and he was playing as good a footy as he ever had before he retired.

He's one of those players where nobody has a bad word to say about him and with a 176 tries to his name had a fantastic career. He had huge shoes to fill with his dad Steve but I think both he and his brother have managed it and then some.
That’s as good a summation of his career as we’re likely to see and better than anything we’re likely to see from any fancy paid so called league journalist.

Boyd Cordner has retired effective immediately.

I had a feeling it was coming with all of the head knocks he was getting and the complications he was suffering as a result.

He's a Roosters player so I hate him, but I do have respect for him as a player. You could never fault his effort. He wasn't the most talented backrower but he worked his ass off out on that field and he had a good career as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• westy316
  • Broncosgirl
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • IceWorks
  • Matheos
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • TimWhatley
  • Bish
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Financeguy
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.