NRL Judiciary Discussion

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Is there a dedicated judiciary thread? If so, or if there is a better thread, feel free to move it.

Pre-empting the Cleary case, any non-darling player would be looking at a long stint on the sidelines. But this is the NRL, an organisation that you could describe as incompetent, if it weren't for the fact the inconsistencies always fall towards benefiting certain teams.

We had the NRL making the worst blunder in recent refereeing history last week, and instead of admitting it, they danced around and tried to justify the clearly incorrect lead up of events. It's clear to me that they feel they can get away with whatever they want, so it will be no surprise if they use the same gymnastics to downplay exactly how dangerous & severe Cleary's tackle was.

With the Panthers sitting way out in front, losing Cleary until the finals (and then being fresh) may not be the worst outcome, but with Lui also being out, they will be limping terribly and fall in to the finals in pretty bad form. So there is definitely enough riding on this for the Panthers to want the shortest possible suspension.

FTR, watching it live it was really, really bad. Watching it on replay it looks even worse, Cleary drives him in the ground while similarly tipping all his own weight in to his shoulder and pushing down on the player with significant force. I don't think I've seen a worse once since the deliberate spear tackles from back when they tried to paralyse each other.

Is there a dedicated judiciary thread? If so, or if there is a better thread, feel free to move it.

Pre-empting the Cleary case, any non-darling player would be looking at a long stint on the sidelines. But this is the NRL, an organisation that you could describe as incompetent, if it weren't for the fact the inconsistencies always fall towards benefiting certain teams.

We had the NRL making the worst blunder in recent refereeing history last week, and instead of admitting it, they danced around and tried to justify the clearly incorrect lead up of events. It's clear to me that they feel they can get away with whatever they want, so it will be no surprise if they use the same gymnastics to downplay exactly how dangerous & severe Cleary's tackle was.

With the Panthers sitting way out in front, losing Cleary until the finals (and then being fresh) may not be the worst outcome, but with Lui also being out, they will be limping terribly and fall in to the finals in pretty bad form. So there is definitely enough riding on this for the Panthers to want the shortest possible suspension.

FTR, watching it live it was really, really bad. Watching it on replay it looks even worse, Cleary drives him in the ground while similarly tipping all his own weight in to his shoulder and pushing down on the player with significant force. I don't think I've seen a worse once since the deliberate spear tackles from back when they tried to paralyse each other.

That Cowboys dude playing for NSW against Qld? He didn't get sent incidentally.

The NRL will say the send off was already a severe enough penalty.

I felt the driving action was similar to the Gosiewski send off and he got 5 weeks I think??

Cleary should get similar and I think at minimum he'll get 4 weeks which is probably still the rest of the regular season??

Nathan Cleary must be one dumb ****. To intentionally effect a seriously dangerous tackle like that is where the NRL needs to now come out unequivocally . I say throw the fucking book at him. Should be at minimum 4-6 weeks and fine the **** out of him. Too harsh , well just ask Alex Mckinnon.

I'm hearing them (the media) are already down playing the severity by saying the tackled player landed on his back.

Cleary should be gone for the season.....IMO.

The tackle was all but complete when Cleary decided to slip his hand between the legs and forcefully drive him. It should be a grade 3 and if they were to take his shitfuckery with Billy Walters into account (it's not in his game though) it should be a grade 3 with a minimum 6 week ban.

It will never happen though coz NSW golden boy with his golden boots last night. I mean how far up his own arse must he be?

That braindead Gallen was on channel 9 trying to justify it somehow and saying he doesn't think it even warranted a send off.

We all know if that was Flegler it would labelled as the worst spear tackle in many a year and he'd be looking at 8-10 weeks, and if the tackled player happened to be Cleary our Flegs would be on 12 weeks without a doubt.

Let's sit back and watch how 'transparent' the NRL is as we can all see right through their inconsistency.

Just read: Cleary was charged with a Grade Three Dangerous Throw offence, which will see the halfback sidelined for five matches with an early guilty plea, or six weeks if he unsuccessfully challenges the charge at the judiciary.

5 - 6 weeks is dead on. Not gonna say my faith is restored, but it is the right decision. Hope he challenges it and gets the 6 weeks.

For those playing at home:

neither NAS (Elbow to the head) or King (eye gouge) were charged.

talking about protected species, the Storm will always be number 1 in that department

NAS not even charged, pathetic.
Flegler must be confused.

Biggest grub in the game, he genuinely could have killed someone with that shitty move and he seems to hit someone flush in the head every week with serious force.

Maybe @Super Freak can make a montage of his grubbiness one day

Flegler must be confused.

Biggest grub in the game, he genuinely could have killed someone with that shitty move and he seems to hit someone flush in the head every week with serious force.

Maybe @Super Freak can make a montage of his grubbiness one day

did he lose his job? ... because trying to make one of those would be a full time job itself

NAS not even charged, pathetic.
This is exactly what the Storm do every time and it's ruined the game. They create some sort of obscure tackle that doesn't necessarily look illegal but it causes injuries to their opponents, nothing is done until some other club does it and then the NRL go all out over policing it. The Crusher Tackle is the perfect example of this.

The Melbourne Storm would lift and drop, but now anyone who just drops gets penalized. Dropping onto an opponent who spins into you was never what a crusher tackle was.

Active Now

• Alec
  • Battler
  • BroncoFan94
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • broncos4life
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.