NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titans have signed Grevsmuhl. I imagine he'll come straight in to the starting line-up tbh, haven't seen much of Greenwood, but I don't think he's that good.

Not even named in the 21.

Interesting considering their injury toll at the moment.

I have no idea how the sharks have been able to name Seggy in their 21 man squad considering he hasn't even signed with them yet

That would surely mean Brailey is out of the side.

Apparently Milford has signed a three year deal for over a million.

JASON Taumalolo is on the verge of signing a record 10-year contract extension with North Queensland worth about $1 million a season, according to reports.
Media outlets — including The Courier Mail — have reported the 2016 Dally M medallist will pen the new contract which will expire in 2027.
Taumalolo will be 34 years old once the contract expires, effectively tying him to the Cowboys for life.
A deal of that size would eclipse Daly Cherry-Evans’ Manly contract which is over eight years, and equal that of Sydney Swans star Lance Franklin’s 10-year AFL deal.
Taumalolo is off contract this year and believed to be being chased by a number of NRL clubs.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...k=e82e949f3034a07410790203da17bf18-1490086884

He is a gun but that is fucking ridiculous

With this sudden influx of long term deals at highly inflated prices, it wouldn't surprise me if clubs and players know what the cap will be like from 2018 onward.

Jeez I'm glad the Broncos don't do ridiculous contracts like that.
A lot happens in 2 years let alone 10!!
Fuckwits

JASON Taumalolo is on the verge of signing a record 10-year contract extension with North Queensland worth about $1 million a season, according to reports.
Media outlets — including The Courier Mail — have reported the 2016 Dally M medallist will pen the new contract which will expire in 2027.
Taumalolo will be 34 years old once the contract expires, effectively tying him to the Cowboys for life.
A deal of that size would eclipse Daly Cherry-Evans’ Manly contract which is over eight years, and equal that of Sydney Swans star Lance Franklin’s 10-year AFL deal.
Taumalolo is off contract this year and believed to be being chased by a number of NRL clubs.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...k=e82e949f3034a07410790203da17bf18-1490086884

That is fucking bat shit.

Lol 10 years. He's an amazing talent without a doubt, but that's an enormous risk.

10 years is a fucking long time in rugby league. We'd not long won a premiership 10 years ago :,(

It could also be very smart even if he gives you 6 or 7 years of the quality he gives them now. They were terrible without him on the weekend. 1 million dollars a year will be an absolute bargain in 5 years let alone 10. Average players in 5 years will be getting a mill a season with the cap going to skyrocket year to year. Only have to look at what spuds like aaron woods are going to get a season in his next deal. For taumalolo it is guarnteed dosh in your pocket just in case you had a terrible injury in say 2 years. Has a lot of pros imo for both parties

It's honestly probably worth the risk from the Cowboys, he's the best forward in the game and he's only 23. As people have stated, the cap is only going to go up, in 5 or 6 years time I could see elite forwards getting deals around the $1.5-2m a season mark and people looking back and going "Wow, can't believe the Cowboys still have Taumalolo for $1m a season, what a bargain".

I wouldn't sign anyone to a 10 year deal: so much can go wrong that impacts their value in that time span.

However, in saying that, there isn't much risk present with clubs getting cap exemptions left, right, and centre if they don't want to keep a player on their books (think medical retirements only for the player to sign for a French Union club). Barring Taumalolo pulling a legit SBW, and it can be proven that they didn't 'encourage' him to do so, the Cows should have to cop this on their books for the full length.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.