NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's never been able to get the players to respect him, therefore they never buy into his game plan. He could be the greatest tactician of all time, but if the players don't buy into your philosophy it means jack shit.

Wheres does Cronk go now? Had him likely going to the dogs but now that is gone surely! Tigers or newy?

The problem with Taylor from a coaching stand-point is that he put the cart before the horses.

Taylor wanted to focus on defence, the problem was he had some of the worst defenders in the competition and did nothing to make their lives any easier. At a certain point in time, Taylor either had to make personnel changes or change his approach. He did neither and played a role in getting the Tigers in this mess.

Woods leaving ( if true) imo shows his soft character.

He is captain of the club and bails . It cant be for money either, no way the dogs are paying him much more than the tigers.
It's just a softcock option . He would have been up to his ears in all the goings on over the last 3 years so it seems he has had plenty to say then wipes them.

Wheres does Cronk go now? Had him likely going to the dogs but now that is gone surely! Tigers or newy?

Tough choice! Would you rather be shot or stabbed? Maybe retirement is looking good right about now.

if you were cronk though seriously, why would you end your career on a bad note by playing for newcastle or the tigers? they will never match melbourne in any capacity at least during the autumn of his career so unless he's desperate for money or wants to "give back", why would he go there? just spend time with your missus instead.

woods is a little bitch though, where graham has been open and honest about his future and so on, woods played coy and/or evaded every fucking question just so he could shit on them a few days later.

i guess also, it explains why - when both asked the question of whether they would get in the ear of Moses to convince him to stay for the rest of the season, Graham was like absolutely he's a great player and Woods was non-committal - he was already fucking halfway out the door.

Woods is no loss. If you want a bloke that takes it up soft, has a slow play the ball and has never actually made a front on tackle other than his late hit on radradra last week than he is your man. If you thought Hindmarsh was a third man in stats stuffer have a look at this bloke play. Reportedly they have already signed Matulino so if he is fit that is a better prop already for probably a third of the money. Tedesco is the big loss but if they don't want to be there **** em. I hear Tigers fans saying we are back to square one we have no chance?? What the **** did those three players do for ya's anyway? Never made the finals or in reality got close since they have been there. Good riddance. With Cleary now in and his history of turning around clubs that are in a hole I reckon they will be fine. Plenty of off contract young blokes and established players you can chase and now a shitload of money available now that the "Big 3 Frauds" are gone. People acting like Lockyer, Thurston, and Lazuras left ffs.

And if you are a dogs fan you look at the massive probability of having to offload Graham even though it is reported they reckon they can keep him aswell. God knows how. A better prop, albeit older than the bloke you just paid 1million to who actually has a dig. Foran on the other hand is a massive coup but you have Doyle coming out saying those reports are rubbish and apparently him and Foran are fairly close. I think I would take his word over fucking Josh Massoud or that dribbler Weidler

Also why would you want to play with Woods for the rest of the year as a teammate after the stunts he pulled this week. Laughing in tigers fans faces basically on 360 and then going out to lunch with Dogs players the week before you play them and the speculation you have signed with them. What a grub. If I was teammates I would be pulling for his captaincy to be taken away and to be dropped. Not like you are going to lose much with him gone. He hasn't been putting in all year. Atleast when you watch Tedesco he leaves it all out there.

if you were cronk though seriously, why would you end your career on a bad note by playing for newcastle or the tigers? they will never match melbourne in any capacity at least during the autumn of his career so unless he's desperate for money or wants to "give back", why would he go there? just spend time with your missus instead.

Cronk may want to pursue coaching so the tigers might represent a pathway to life after footy. He is the type to take all these things into consideration

Tigers have pulled their offers for Tedesco and Woods after they failed to receive any confirmation before the deadline.

I would say that's confirmation that Tedesco and Woods are gone.

I still think there is a lot Taylor can offer, but as an assistant coach. Would honestly take him as Bennett's assistant here, Broncos would suit him a lot more than the Tiggers.

I still think there is a lot Taylor can offer, but as an assistant coach. Would honestly take him as Bennett's assistant here, Broncos would suit him a lot more than the Tiggers.

Yep. He's a career assistant IMO.

Tough choice! Would you rather be shot or stabbed? Maybe retirement is looking good right about now.
How can one retire when there's a 1.2mill+ carrot being dangled. Crazy!!!!

Tigers should target latrel Mitchell
He won't play fullback if Tedesco has signed so he might be persuaded to join them if he gets a full time gig at fullback

My mail is Tiggers will chase Dugan

And by 'my mail' I mean just what I think :)

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017/04/25/ben_matulino_to_join.html

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce the signing of New Zealand International Ben Matulino for the coming three seasons.

The new deal will see Matulino join Wests Tigers until at least the end of the 2020 NRL season.

Matulino has played 196 games for the New Zealand Warriors since making his debut in 2008 and has represented his county on 23 occasions.

The 28 year old front rower will join Wests Tigers at the end of the current season.

Wests Tigers Head Coach Ivan Cleary said he was looking forward to welcoming Matulino to the club.

“Ben has proven himself as an elite front rower in both the NRL and International arena,” said Cleary. “We welcome Ben as an integral part of Wests Tigers’ future.”

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said that Matulino will be a great addition to the playing squad.

“Ben has been a part of the Warriors and Kiwi squads for a number of years and has shown himself to be a leader both on and off the field,” said Pascoe. “We look forward to him bringing his experience to Wests Tigers for the coming three seasons.

“It’s great to have a player of Ben’s experience, both in the NRL and International arenas, decide to commit his future to Wests Tigers,” he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • IceWorks
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.