NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's only 22. JT was the same age when he moved from the Bulldogs to the Cowboys. At that time JT had played only 29 NRL games whilst Lolohea has already played 52.

JT had yet the cement a starting position at the Bulldogs.

JT is one of the greatest players off all time and was not killing it between the ages of 18 and 22.

JT had Anasta and Sherwin in front of him at the dogs. Both established stars. Thurston wasn't displacing them any time soon.
Lolohea had a decent opportunity last year but couldn't beat out Hingano or Leuluai for the 5/8s spot. He didnt

Lolohea is crazy to pick the cowboys over the Tigers. He will get a start at the Tigers immediately and with a good possibility of locking down a full time spot. At the cowboys, once Thurston is fit, he finds himself in reserves again.

It depends on where Lolohea wants to play.

If he wants to play in the halves, his best choice is the Cowboys. Thurston is retiring at the end of next season and a spot in the halves will be open.

He won't get the opportunity to play in the halves at the Tigers because of Moses at the club and Reynolds coming next year.

If he wants to play fullback, he should have gone with the Tigers.

If I am the knights, I throw every single cent I have at him. Newwy isn't that far away from Sydney

Plus he is far enough out of Sydney still to have less issues. Newcastle would be stupid not to offer him the keys to their very weak kingdom. With him and Ponga, you have 50% of a good spine.

I actually think this is a smart move career wise for Lolohea.

Let's face it, the Warriors have one of the worst systems in the NRL. By going from one poor system to another only serves to jeopardize him long term, while the Cowboys have been one of the better clubs throughout the 2010s. Yes, the Tigers could have used Lolohea more than the Cowboys, but I don't necessarily think it would have worked out.

In essence...

The Cowboys will be good for Lolohea, Lolohea would have been good for the Tigers.

He's only 22. JT was the same age when he moved from the Bulldogs to the Cowboys. At that time JT had played only 29 NRL games whilst Lolohea has already played 52.

JT had yet the cement a starting position at the Bulldogs.

JT is one of the greatest players off all time and was not killing it between the ages of 18 and 22.
What's your point? Any player that's played a handful of games and changes club at 22 will be one of the best to play the game?

He had an audition, he failed, he got dropped, they chose another youngster ahead of him. By all means continue to tell me how this guy is the next big thing when he's done zero so far.

It really makes me wonder why the Cowboys are chasing Lolohea as a replacement for Thurston..

Perhaps the injury could be worse than they thought.

It really makes me wonder why the Cowboys are chasing Lolohea as a replacement for Thurston..

Yeah this was a sneaking suspicion of mine as well.

It is worse than what they think. Its the reason for their very vague injury report yesterday

Yeah I thought the same thing.....the lack of any time frame being mentioned makes it a bit sus.

What's your point? Any player that's played a handful of games and changes club at 22 will be one of the best to play the game?

He had an audition, he failed, he got dropped, they chose another youngster ahead of him. By all means continue to tell me how this guy is the next big thing when he's done zero so far.

You said that Lolohea could not hold down a starting sport in the Warriors team even on the wing so is no good.

And I was saying that not being able to hold down a spot in the starting team at age 22 does not mean he isn't a good player or will not go on to be a good player.

The 'kid' has a lot of ability. Has pace, footwork, breaks the line easily. You can't coach the stuff that he has. He is probably not in first grade because he has discipline issues. Well, so did Dane Gagai and we know how good he is now.

You said that Lolohea could not hold down a starting sport in the Warriors team even on the wing so is no good.

And I was saying that not being able to hold down a spot in the starting team at age 22 does not mean he isn't a good player or will not go on to be a good player.

The 'kid' has a lot of ability.
I see your point but at 22 the odds of him becoming an nrl star diminish by the day by virtue of younger talents with more time up their sleeve to develop.

Every player has lots of ability, even the ones we call shit are good players because theyre good enough to play professionally. That doesn't mean anything tho, having ability means **** all - do you know how many players have ability but go nowhere? Thousands.

You have to perform when given a chance. He didnt. He's not the first or last to fail. He could still develop into an nrl star but historically speaking I wouldnt hold my breath nor would i have him as an insurance policy.

I think the Bulldogs got rid of the wrong half, to be honest.

But with their forward pack, they should be a premiership threat next season. It's a good signing.

I would have loved to have seen Foran at the Knights, but Brown pretty much conceded that Foran wouldn't be joining the Knights when he spoke to him.

They should take all of that cash they have and chase James Graham. He will be a massive signing for them.

I think the Bulldogs got rid of the wrong half, to be honest.

But with their forward pack, they should be a premiership threat next season. It's a good signing.

I agree.

with Foran steering the ship and Reynolds running around going nuts, they would be quite a handful.

Mbye and Foran are a much less threatening combo IMO.

Foran officially announced by the bulldogs

If your up for a laugh, head over to the kennel and listen to how they signed him for only 650k but were prepared to give Reynolds 800k a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.