NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Curtis Rona & Marika Koroibete are both looking at returning to the NRL next season, I'd be pretty interested in both of them, with Oates inevitably transitioning to the back row we're going to need a class finisher on the wing outside Bird, they both fit the bill.

No to Rona.

Yes to Koroibete.

I don't know what it is about Rona, but every time I see him I just want to punch him over and over again. Plus Koroibete is a better winger out of the two.

I also think we would be more likely to get him than Rona. Rona's manager has denied he is looking to leave Union. Plus, he isn't allowed to talk to rival codes yet.

Gallen will be re-signing with the Sharks for one more year.

A shame. I was hoping he would retire this year.

No to Rona.

Yes to Koroibete.

I don't know what it is about Rona, but every time I see him I just want to punch him over and over again. Plus Koroibete is a better winger out of the two.

Agree that Marika is the better player. But if it's taking a flyer on Rona or going all in on someone like Pearson, I think I'd take a chance on Curtis.

EDIT: Defamatory

Last edited by a moderator:
Cowboys side next season:

1. Coote
2. Winterstein
3. Morgan
4. O'Neill
5. Feldt
6. Te Maire Martin
7. Thurston
8. Scott
9. Granville
10. McLean
11. Hess
12. Cooper
13. Taumalolo

That is a pretty nice looking team.

Morgan is their long term half. Martin will be their understudy

No to Rona.

Yes to Koroibete.

I also think we would be more likely to get him than Rona. Rona's manager has denied he is looking to leave Union. Plus, he isn't allowed to talk to rival codes yet.

I don't believe that for one minute. Rival codes always talk to our stars even when they are on contract to our clubs.

I don't believe that for one minute. Rival codes always talk to our stars even when they are on contract to our clubs.

Different rules here.

Koribete is a freak, easily Vunivalu level, if not better. Now's the time to sign him if we wanted with Ese'Ese moving on we have the opportunity to transition Oates into the 2nd row.

We don't need another winger. We have plenty of wingers coming through the grades. If Ese'ese is moving on, sign another front rower.

Koroibete would be an amazing pickup. He's an X-factor winger, speed to burn, and a genuine try scorer. Even if we don't have an open spot, if a player of his calibre was interested you'd find to imo.

Did Marshall ever play with Koirobete? Needs to be giving him a call and telling him how great it is here.

I didn't want to badmouth him or disrespect Sproj's opinion but it's players like Turner that have hurt the club's chances of making the 8. Solid squad players but physically can't compete with the best the NRL has to offer.

I like Souths' decision regarding Gray. He's a strong carrier of the football, but he looks lost in the backs. His future lies in the forwards, but that transition is going to take sometime and Souths need to move on. Let the Roosters sign him so he can link up with his brother or something.

Gone to Sharks I think Pete

A good off season training at the beach with the tides and he will be a different player.

Not a bad move, suits their physical style of play.

If the Sharks were smart, they didn't offer him top dollar either.

Koroibete would be an amazing pickup. He's an X-factor winger, speed to burn, and a genuine try scorer. Even if we don't have an open spot, if a player of his calibre was interested you'd find to imo.

Imagine a left side combo of Milf, Roberts, and Koribete. I don't know about defence but golly they would be a nightmare to defend.

I've always been a fan of Koroibete, even if he doesn't come to us, I'd still love to see him back in the game. If hypothetically he did come to us, Oates to the forwards, he goes wing, Moga goes to Qcu, Jack Bird centre. I don't think we could afford him, he could command very good coin IMO.

I've always been a fan of Koroibete, even if he doesn't come to us, I'd still love to see him back in the game. If hypothetically he did come to us, Oates to the forwards, he goes wing, Moga goes to Qcu, Jack Bird centre. I don't think we could afford him, he could command very good coin IMO.
Moga off to Knights and we will be all sorted

Sharks will certainly have a pretty potent team for 2018 if they can retain Maloney, big time premiership threats again.

1. Holmes
2. Feki
3. Dugan
4. Leutele
5. Gray
6. Maloney
7. Townsend
8. Fifita
9. Brailey
10. Prior
11. Lewis
12. Graham
13. Gallen (c)

14. Segeyaro
15. Bukuya
16. Capewell
17. Seumanufagai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Ondi
  • Manofoneway
  • GCBRONCO
  • Rambstien
  • marw
  • Astro
  • BRC088
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • john1420
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.