NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2017

Discussion in 'Rugby League Talk' started by Broncoman, Jan 13, 2017.

He's too far fuckwit IMO.

ChewThePhatt likes this.
  1. Its the NRL

2. Jordan McLean to the Cowboys on a 3 year deal starting next season.

3. Very good signing (unfortunately, because I hate the Cowboys), he's got a big chance to be the best prop in the game within a couple of years, enormous frame, high work load, skillful.

4. Broncoman

Broncoman State of Origin Rep

Do you think he can do it without Smith and Cronk though? We've seen plenty of examples of Storm players leaving Melbourne never to reach those heights again.

5. I think so, props are the exception to the "leave Melbourne and you'll look worse" rule, Smith and Cronk have pretty minimal impact on Bromwich & McLean's stats, you could argue that Smith gives them good service, but it'd be a negligible difference in the overall scheme of things. It's not in the same ball park as blokes like Proctor who've made a living off running on to Cronk short balls.

Harry Sack likes this.
  6. Alec

Alec State of Origin Captain

I think Smith does make a pretty big difference. He gets the forwards going better than any other player in the game. There were a few numpties who only looked good at the Storm, such as Cross, Anderson (?) and White. McLean will have to prove himself like Tolman or Blair (after 3 shitty years) did.

7. http://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2017/03/20/mclean_to_join_cowbo.html

8. Titans have signed Grevsmuhl. I imagine he'll come straight in to the starting line-up tbh, haven't seen much of Greenwood, but I don't think he's that good.

Sproj likes this.
  9. Sproj

Sproj

So of the Titans team at full strength, they will have these mid-season signings in their side:

1. Hayne
    3. Copley
    4. Hurrell
    9. Peats
    15. Grevsmuhl

I wonder what percentage what be comparable from other sides.

10. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Rep

I'd say roughly 250%

11. You could also include Greenwood, he swapped with Taia mid-way through the ESL season.

How many premiership teams in NRL history (ie. since 1998) have included mid-season signings?

12. Morkel

Morkel

Dragons!

broncospwn and Big Pete like this.
  13. charbel

charbel NYC Player

Grevsmuhl will be a fantastic signing if his head is screwed on right again.

Sproj likes this.
  14. Sproj

Sproj

1. Hayne
    2. Don
    3. Hurrell
    4. Copley
    5. Olive
    6. Elgey
    7. Taylor
    8. Wallace
    9. Peats
    10. James
    11. Proctor
    12. McQueen
    13. Paasi

14. Greenwood
    15. Grievsmuhl

That's the makings of a top six side.

15. Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads International Captain

Hayne will be out of there at season end.

16. I really liked the look of their roster coming in to the season as well, but they still seem to be the same old Titans (at this stage).

Will probably finish somewhere between 7th & 12th, as per usual.

17. Segeyaro to be named on an extended bench today for the Sharks.

Bucking Beads likes this.
  18. Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads International Captain

They always seem to have a heap of injuries. They've really handled the Hayne drama poorly too.

19. mitch222

mitch222 NRL Player

While ever their number 1 is in the side, they wont do any good. He is a great player but a terrible team player

GCBRONCO likes this.
  20. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Rep

Would it be weird for the NRL to let him play after denying Copley last week?

Harry Sack likes this.