NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think he can do it without Smith and Cronk though? We've seen plenty of examples of Storm players leaving Melbourne never to reach those heights again.

I think so, props are the exception to the "leave Melbourne and you'll look worse" rule, Smith and Cronk have pretty minimal impact on Bromwich & McLean's stats, you could argue that Smith gives them good service, but it'd be a negligible difference in the overall scheme of things. It's not in the same ball park as blokes like Proctor who've made a living off running on to Cronk short balls.

I think Smith does make a pretty big difference. He gets the forwards going better than any other player in the game. There were a few numpties who only looked good at the Storm, such as Cross, Anderson (?) and White. McLean will have to prove himself like Tolman or Blair (after 3 shitty years) did.

http://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2017/03/20/mclean_to_join_cowbo.html

The North Queensland Toyota Cowboys can today announce the signing of front-row forward Jordan McLean to the club on a three-year deal from the 2018 season.
McLean, 25, will join the Cowboys next year after playing the 2017 season with the Melbourne Storm, where he has played all 69 of his NRL games since making his debut in 2013.
Cowboys General Manager – Football Peter Parr said the club was excited to be adding McLean to its roster next season, with the 196cm, 115kg forward expected to add some real punch to the team’s engine room.
“Jordan’s a wonderful young player who’s come through a very good developmental pathways system at Melbourne, so we know that we’ll be getting both a quality player and a quality person,” Parr said.
“We have always said we would look to add to our roster in that front row position and we’re thrilled Jordan has agreed to terms from 2018 onwards.”
McLean said he was very much looking forward to starting the next chapter of his rugby league life in North Queensland, while paying tribute to the Storm and the support and opportunity the club had given him.
“The Storm has been tremendous for me in terms of my development as a player and as a person,” McLean said.
“They’ve stood by me, and Craig Bellamy (Storm head coach) and his staff have helped me improve my game. Craig handed me my NRL debut and that’s something I’ll treasure always.”
McLean added he looked forward to having a strong 2017 season with the Storm before becoming a Cowboy.
‘There’s still a job to do here, and myself and my teammates in Melbourne are committed to making 2017 a great season.”
A New South Welshman, McLean joined the Storm system in 2009, coming up through the club’s SG Ball and NYC teams before making his NRL debut midway through the 2013 season.
He is currently in his fifth season in the top grade and has played in the Storm’s opening three matches of the new season.

Titans have signed Grevsmuhl. I imagine he'll come straight in to the starting line-up tbh, haven't seen much of Greenwood, but I don't think he's that good.

So of the Titans team at full strength, they will have these mid-season signings in their side:

1. Hayne
3. Copley
4. Hurrell
9. Peats
15. Grevsmuhl

I wonder what percentage what be comparable from other sides.

So of the Titans team at full strength, they will have these mid-season signings in their side:

1. Hayne
3. Copley
4. Hurrell
9. Peats
15. Grevsmuhl

I wonder what percentage what be comparable from other sides.
I'd say roughly 250%

You could also include Greenwood, he swapped with Taia mid-way through the ESL season.

How many premiership teams in NRL history (ie. since 1998) have included mid-season signings?

Grevsmuhl will be a fantastic signing if his head is screwed on right again.

1. Hayne
2. Don
3. Hurrell
4. Copley
5. Olive
6. Elgey
7. Taylor
8. Wallace
9. Peats
10. James
11. Proctor
12. McQueen
13. Paasi

14. Greenwood
15. Grievsmuhl

That's the makings of a top six side.

Hayne will be out of there at season end.

I really liked the look of their roster coming in to the season as well, but they still seem to be the same old Titans (at this stage).

Will probably finish somewhere between 7th & 12th, as per usual.

Segeyaro to be named on an extended bench today for the Sharks.

I really liked the look of their roster coming in to the season as well, but they still seem to be the same old Titans (at this stage).

Will probably finish somewhere between 7th & 12th, as per usual.
They always seem to have a heap of injuries. They've really handled the Hayne drama poorly too.

1. Hayne
2. Don
3. Hurrell
4. Copley
5. Olive
6. Elgey
7. Taylor
8. Wallace
9. Peats
10. James
11. Proctor
12. McQueen
13. Paasi

14. Greenwood
15. Grievsmuhl

That's the makings of a top six side.

While ever their number 1 is in the side, they wont do any good. He is a great player but a terrible team player

Would it be weird for the NRL to let him play after denying Copley last week?

Nah Copley was denied last week because he wasn't named in the original 21 man squad because at Tuesday he was still a roosters player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
  • Xzei
  • Matheos
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.