NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Cronulla are hopeful of signing Segeyaro. He would be a good replacement for Ennis.

Hope they pay him enough to cover his legal bills.

The Sharks have nothing to lose.

The 420K transfer fee doesn't come under the cap and they've got room in their cap following Barba's departure.

Replacing Ennis is still a tall order. Mick was a top ten player during his time at Cronulla and Segeyaro is going to have big shoes to fill.

Even if he gets his head straight, I have my doubts.

Cronulla are hopeful of signing Segeyaro. He would be a good replacement for Ennis.

didn't they already rule that out due to the transfer fee Leeds have placed on Segeyaro?

Cronulla have offered Barba a one-year contract.

The NRL has to determine Barba's punishment after the failed drug test, so it's just a question of what would be a suitable punishment in this instance?

If it was up to me, I'd ban him for 12 weeks. That's long enough for others to think twice, but not to the extent where the crime is dealt with more harshly than sexual assault or crimes of that nature.

We're giving Roberts the flick for pulling someones hair. how do you reconcile that?

The champion fullback was hit with a 12-match ban and fined five percent of his annual salary after returning a positive test for cocaine after grand final celebrations.

I thought I got figure from somewhere.

Seems fair enough, as long as trial matches aren't included.

THE Cronulla Sharks have re-signed grand final fullback Ben Barba and sent his contract to the NRL for integrity unit approval and registration.
Barba agreed to terms for his new deal on Tuesday and will be available to return in round 11 of the competition when the Sharks host the Cowboys at home in a Thursday night TV blockbuster.
Cronulla confirmed his return on Wednesday afternoon, announcing the 2012 Dally M winner had signed a one-year deal.
He will miss the World Club Series, the Auckland Nines and the first 10 rounds after testing positive to cocaine during the celebrations of the club’s historic premiership victory.
Sharks coach Shane Flanagan is now in talks with integrity unit boss Nick Weeks to determine when he can resume training.

The Daily Telegraph understands Barba will be paid around half of what he was to originally earn for the 2017 season before he was suspended for 12 weeks and released from his contract.
Barba’s manager Gavin Orr was pushing for season 2018 to be included in the new contract.
Sensibly the Sharks would only agree to the short-term contract in case he was to fall off the rails again.

He will continue rehabilitation treatment and be given the opportunity to prove he is worthy of a longer contract.
At 27, Barba knows this is his last opportunity.

Any further indiscretions would leave his entire career in grave doubt.
With the money saved from paying Barba only half of his original contract money, the Sharks are expected to sign hooker James Segeyaro as a replacement for Michael Ennis once he has been cleared by his English Super League club Leeds.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/8c48b97eab1388c72e7a8554fc77c196

He was initially training with the Sharks but the BRL put a stop to it. said he couldn't train with them without a contract

12 week suspension and fined 5% of his annual salary.

That's still a weak punishment to me.

The NRL had the chance to make an example of someone after the very soft punishment handed to the Sharks, and to me they failed.

12 week suspension and fined 5% of his annual salary.

That's still a weak punishment to me.

The NRL had the chance to make an example of someone after the very soft punishment handed to the Sharks, and to me they failed.

the Sharks players seem to be getting off lightly for everything drug related

Watch for a backdated suspension to be announced during the Auckland Nines or some other news story in the hope no one notices.

So in other words, Cronulla get a half price player for a year? **** yeah. The club's always get a bad deal when signing up troublesome players...

What annoys me the most about Barba re-signing with the Sharks, is the Sharks sole reason for sacking him was to get him back on a smaller contract.

if the NRL had any brains they would see that this is the Sharks way of trying to rort the salary cap. The should do one of two things.

disallow the signing altogether

or

force the Sharks to register Barba on the cap for what he was going to be paid before the drug scandal hit.

but they wont because the NRL are spineless, braindead morons

Another young gun to keep an eye on.

Wests Tigers centre Moses Suli has signed a $1.3 Million contract that will see him at the club until 2020.

Suli (17) played two games of NYC last season and despite failing to play out the full 80 minutes, he was impressive scoring two tries and breaking the line on four occasions.

Another young gun to keep an eye on.

Wests Tigers centre Moses Suli has signed a $1.3 Million contract that will see him at the club until 2020.

Suli (17) played two games of NYC last season and despite failing to play out the full 80 minutes, he was impressive scoring two tries and breaking the line on four occasions.

400k+ for a 17 year old that hasn't played a single game of NRL?

That's ridiculous.

Or is that until the end of 2020? Either way, 325k a year for a rookie is still ridiculous.

400k+ for a 17 year old that hasn't played a single game of NRL?

That's ridiculous.

Or is that until the end of 2020? Either way, 325k a year for a rookie is still ridiculous.

I wonder how the Tigers got into their current salary cap mess ... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • broncoscope
  • Broncosgirl
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Santa
  • RolledOates
  • lynx000
  • theshed
  • Skathen
  • mrslong
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wild Horse
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.