NRL Player Movements and Rumours 2013

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Time for a new thread to celebrate the new year!

Re: Player Movements and Rumours 2013

"THE Sydney Roosters are on the verge of signing NSW Origin centre Michael Jennings from Penrith effective immediately.
The Sunday Telegraph can reveal Panthers general manager Phil Gould's ongoing feud with Jennings has all but delivered the Blues strike weapon to rookie coach Trent Robinson at the Roosters' Allianz Stadium headquarters."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-with-phil-gould/story-e6frexnr-1226548223516

nice cap the Roosters seem to have

Player Movements and Rumours 2013

That's a lot of firepower if they get him. Lots of big paid players in that squad.

I'll be happy if the Roosters manage to snag Jennings. He is obviously not happy at Penrith due to a massive ego running the joint. The relaxed and easy-going culutre of the Roosters might return him to good form, the Roosters will also have a backline with plenty of potential.

Looks like Beau Champion is on the move back to the Rabbits

Signing a player with attitude problems for overs... all the hallmarks of a Titans signing.

Good move all-round re: Champion.

Champion wasn't cutting it at the Titans. He can run great lines, but injuries and poor hands made him a liability and the Titans deserved better.

Rabbitohs were a little thin out-wide and bringing Champion in gives them alternatives if King or Farrell fail to perform.

Signing a player with attitude problems for overs... all the hallmarks of a Titans signing.

It's a pre-requisite isn't it?

Didn't they let go of Prince due to salary cap pressures?

Yeah, I thought I read the same thing pwn. I know they released a bunch of depth players due to salary cap pressure but I'm unsure if they released Prince due to those reasons or because they didn't think he was worth keeping around for his full five years. Either way, their recruitment has always been very suspect. They've signed up an entire Origin standard forward pack and Idris was said to be swayed by this huge contract too. Something doesn't add up, especially if they're footing Jennings full 600K contract AND enticing him with other incentives to bring him up here.

Either way, I don't think Jennings is the type of player they should be targetting. They SHOULD be going after a fullback because Zillman is terrible and they have nobody else of value to call on.

Speaking of salary cap dramas, weren't the Sea Eagles in trouble at one point because the proposed Brent Kite transfer to the West Tigers didn't work out?

What became of that?

Speaking of salary cap dramas, weren't the Sea Eagles in trouble at one point because the proposed Brent Kite transfer to the West Tigers didn't work out?

What became of that?

The salary cap was raised up to like 6 mil recently, wasn't it?

Yeah, I thought I read the same thing pwn. I know they released a bunch of depth players due to salary cap pressure but I'm unsure if they released Prince due to those reasons or because they didn't think he was worth keeping around for his full five years. Either way, their recruitment has always been very suspect. They've signed up an entire Origin standard forward pack and Idris was said to be swayed by this huge contract too. Something doesn't add up, especially if they're footing Jennings full 600K contract AND enticing him with other incentives to bring him up here.

Either way, I don't think Jennings is the type of player they should be targetting. They SHOULD be going after a fullback because Zillman is terrible and they have nobody else of value to call on.

Maybe they want Jennings to play fullback, I have no idea if he can play that position though but I dare say he'd be better than Zillman which admittedly isn't too hard.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Tim K
  • Jazza
  • BroncosAlways
  • Redux
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • cento
  • FACTHUNT
  • Painin the Haas
  • mrtij
  • Brocko
  • Manofoneway
  • Foordy
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Astro
  • bert_lifts
  • LittleDavey
  • Bucking Beads
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.