NRL Player Movements and Rumours 2015

CTFVj85UYAAczLY.jpg

There's backrow kebabs, backrow creole, backrow in potatos, backrow burgers, backrow sandwiches...

Like I was saying backrows are the fruit of Rugby League.

To be fair I think Ricky is doing a pretty decent job at the Raiders. He has made some really good signings.

To be fair I think Ricky is doing a pretty decent job at the Raiders. He has made some really good signings.

All joking aside, I agree. Clearly Tapine is being brought into replace Pangai Jr. and it wouldn't surprise me to see Ricky convert Papalii into a front row forward. While I'd rather see Papalii remain on the right edge, with the way the game is going it could be a masterstroke from Sticky.

Just on Sticky's tenure at the Raiders and while it's only early days, he's got to achieve more than just decent. The Raiders have been a decent side for nearly 20 years at this point - that's a lifetime for a lot of people and he's got to start corner with them.

Top 8 isn't enough. In fact, even a Top 4 finish wouldn't be enough. He's got to get Austin/Sezer firing, convert Wighton into a Test player and get the most out of Papalii, Vaughan, Hodgson, Boyd, Leilua etc.

He's made the most of a bad hand, but the jury is out on whether he can be anything more than just decent.

Wighton is always going to have a battle on his hand to break into any representative side with Inglis, Slater, Dugan, Jennings, J.Morris, Chambers, Moylan, Austin, Sezer etc holding down spots in rep teams or contending for spots.

Latest on Tevita Pangai Jnr is if Tapine gets early release from knights which is happening we will get him early too.

Reed and Backrower to be released for G.I..Take ya punts now on which backrower..Glenn, Gillett off contract or Parker retiring.....Timu and TPJ will get gigs this year more than likely through origin.

I've always rated Wighton highly, was even a bit of a fanboy last year or the year before that if I remember correctly. Can't see him making the test side any time soon though. Unless he leaves for the Roosters or the Bulldogs or something.

Apparently, Konny Hurrell to the Tits in a few months after getting his NZ citizenship.

Yea gotta feel for him hes had his best preseason and Ayshford wins his spot.

Yea gotta feel for him hes had his best preseason and Ayshford wins his spot.
Unlucky. Suppose the coach sees Ayshford in a similar light to Reed? Workmanlike and unspectacular but balances out some of his more talented but erratic team mates.
Apparently, Konny Hurrell to the Tits in a few months after getting his NZ citizenship.
Not a bad fit really. He's not a NSWelshman and there's a reasonable Kiwi population, not a bad basis for fan engagement. They're short on centres, much less barnstorming power runners like Hurrell.

In some ways it's a bit like the Idris signing but a better fit and likely at a lower price tag.

As much as I like Hurrell, I don't hate the decision from McFadden. If Ayshford can stay healthy he's a relatively safe centre, one thing the Warriors certainly aren't lacking is attacking prowess, so Hurrell was almost surplus to needs.

He'll give a MUCH needed boost to the Titans back line. Fully healthy they actually have a decent side this season, it's a shame they lost Elgey.

1. Zillman
2. Hoffman
3. Macdonald
4. Hurrell
5. Mead
6. Roberts
7. Taylor
8. Shillington
9. Friend (c)
10. Paasi
11. James
12. McQueen
13. Bird

14. Mortimer
15. Taia
16. Pettybourne
17. Douglas

Did you not read about hoffdog's ambitions to be the worlds greatest centre... ever?

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
  • Mustafur
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Organix
  • Aldo
  • Dash
  • Jazza
  • Morkel
  • Waynesaurus
  • westy316
  • BroncoFan94
  • Browny
  • theshed
  • Foordy
  • Redux
  • Financeguy
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.