NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if you’ve ever seen Shaquai but he doesn’t look like a fan of training
All I see here is peak performance

some more news from Brent Read

The Storm are on the verge of signing NZ Rugby Sevens winger Will Warbrick. he was a silver meadlist in Tokyo

Sean O'Sullivan has signed a 1 year deal with the Panthers

some more news from Brent Read

The Storm are on the verge of signing NZ Rugby Sevens winger Will Warbrick. he was a silver meadlist in Tokyo

Just in time to sign with the Dolphins in 2023.

Matt Ikuvalu has been released by the Roosters to take up a 2 year deal with the Sharks

Matt Ikuvalu has been released by the Roosters to take up a 2 year deal with the Sharks

Good pick up for the Sharks. I wonder who the Roosters have incoming, they would have a bit of ‘salary cap’ available.

Brandon Smith's manager has revealed that so far Smith has received 4 official offers (Titans, Dolphins and Cowboys + a mystery team). it also seems like Smith's preferred destination hasn't made an offer (at least not yet). it also looks like we haven't made an offer, otherwise Smith manager would have been shouting from the rooftops trying to use us to drive up his client's price

Stan Martin says:

“The Titans were the first team to reach out this morning, and the Dolphins weren’t far behind,” he said.

“We’ve spoken to four teams I thought would be interested, which is all of them except the one I’m after.

“Most clubs have been aware for quite a while (Smith) was going to market (on Monday) so most have made a decision on whether they want to go with Brandon or not.

“We’re not expecting anyone out of the woodwork that wasn’t originally interested from this point.”

Brandon Smith's manager has revealed that so far Smith has received 4 official offers (Titans, Dolphins and Cowboys + a mystery team). it also seems like Smith's preferred destination hasn't made an offer (at least not yet). it also looks like we haven't made an offer, otherwise Smith manager would have been shouting from the rooftops trying to use us to drive up his client's price

Stan Martin says:

“The Titans were the first team to reach out this morning, and the Dolphins weren’t far behind,” he said.

“We’ve spoken to four teams I thought would be interested, which is all of them except the one I’m after.

“Most clubs have been aware for quite a while (Smith) was going to market (on Monday) so most have made a decision on whether they want to go with Brandon or not.

“We’re not expecting anyone out of the woodwork that wasn’t originally interested from this point.”

Have been saying for over 18 months that Smith wants to be in Brisbane, and has wanted to be in Brisbane for a while (Primarily due to his younger brother, older brother and other family living here)

We certainly aren't offering him $1M per season though, so if he wants to come here, it'll need to be for a discounted rate.

The Cowboys were considering signing him but then realised with Dearbutnothingdone and Townsend at their disposal there was simply no need.

Have been saying for over 18 months that Smith wants to be in Brisbane, and has wanted to be in Brisbane for a while (Primarily due to his younger brother, older brother and other family living here)

We certainly aren't offering him $1M per season though, so if he wants to come here, it'll need to be for a discounted rate.
Which works just fine by me. I rate him as a heck of a player but I'm not totally sold on him as a full time 9. Anything even close to a million, **** that. If he wants to talk around 650k, absolutely.

Warbrick looks like he could be a great signing for the Storm sadly. Looks a really quick and powerful winger.

I was perplexed to see Tyrone Roberts named as a train and trial for Wests Tigers.

He's actually a different player. Their Tyrone is an Illawarra Steelers junior who was the halfback in their SG Ball (U/19s) side. Illawarra had a strong team that made it to the GF but unfortunately Roberts was a late omission and they only just lost to the Raiders.

A very raw prospect but one to keep an eye on.

The Parramatta Eels have released a statement taking aim at the media for the way they are reporting on their off contract players:

EELS STATEMENT:

Over recent weeks there has been media speculation in relation to certain players at our Club who are off contract at the end of 2022.

The media has a job to do in reporting player movements which we respect as we understand the public interest in our players.

Over the last six months, we have regularly engaged with all our players and their managers in a private and productive manner, balancing the Club’s intent to ensure players are paid fairly and their value is appropriately recognised, whilst ensuring we are assembling our strongest possible roster year on year.

Our approach is not to engage publicly in speculation regarding player negotiations. It is disrespectful to the players involved, is unhelpful in building a team that is set up for success, and most importantly, goes against how we aim to operate as a Club.

To date, our discussions with players and their managers have been robust, professional and constructive. These discussions are ongoing and we look forward to updating you shortly with some exciting news on our roster for 2022, 2023 and beyond.

Brent Read thinks that the Roosters (surprise, surprise) are the favourites for Brandon Smith

Read says:

“One of the clubs who were interested in Brandon Smith, their e-mail server crashed this week so they actually couldn’t get their offer in,” Read said on Triple M.

“He will have all the offers on the table I’d say at some stage this week, and at some point, he will sit down with Melbourne and we will have some sort of resolution.

“Look at that spine, and the other players they’ve got, and clubs have come in for Smith at around the $800k mark or more, it is going to be really hard for Melbourne to keep Brandon.

“My gut feel is the Roosters; I think they are favorites for him and then I think the Dogs and Titans are probably level pegging for second spot.

“If you look at their spine, Sam Walker and Sam Verrils aren’t on a lot of money so I think they have money up their sleeve.”

RCG got a 4 year 2.4 mill deal from the eels. Used the dolphins to perfection to get the deal he was after

RCG got a 4 year 2.4 mill deal from the eels. Used the dolphins to perfection to get the deal he was after

600k a year sounds ballpark for spearhead forwards, though I guess that means they won't be able to afford Paulo?

600k a year sounds ballpark for spearhead forwards, though I guess that means they won't be able to afford Paulo?
28yo front rower who will be 32 at the end of the deal, they overpaid. I reckon he squeezed an extra year out of them.

28yo front rower who will be 32 at the end of the deal, they overpaid. I reckon he squeezed an extra year out of them.

Yeah I didn't word it well, they definitely overpaid, just crazy it means they will likely lose Paulo who is the better prop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wild Horse
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Lurker
  • mrslong
  • Culhwch
  • cento
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.