NRL Player Movements & Rumours - 2022

BroncosFever

NRL Player
Jun 6, 2014
Threads
It’s just a new generation of player I think. It’s a players game now, not the clubs.

I wouldn’t be surprised if one club die hard fans start to trend out and instead kids will follow certain players they like and go for whichever team has to the most of their favourite players.

Watch how many kids follow Ponga if he goes to the phins. A lot of people got excited about the titans at the start of this year due to the players they bought.

The Titans ended 2020 quite strongly and with the players they bought most fans just expected them to go to another level again, they didn't really improve that much to be perfectly honest.

I hope we show huge improvements and don't just settle for a few positions higher.

Stu_9

NRL Player
Mar 9, 2018
Threads
B.Smith rejecting the Dolphins is easily their biggest kick in the guts yet. Reportably more money + moving back to where he apparently wanted to be..
It’ll be quite interesting who they now turn their attention to. You can almost smell a ridiculous Ponga offering incoming. They need a big fish and there aren’t many left for 2023.
Milf might find himself on the end of another million dollar offering from his mate Benny.

holdzy

State of Origin Rep
May 5, 2016
Threads
B.Smith rejecting the Dolphins is easily their biggest kick in the guts yet. Reportably more money + moving back to where he apparently wanted to be..
It’ll be quite interesting who they now turn their attention to. You can almost smell a ridiculous Ponga offering incoming. They need a big fish and there aren’t many left for 2023.
Milf might find himself on the end of another million dollar offering from his mate Benny.

Hunt will be coming off contract heading into 2023 I believe, imagine if Wayne re-unites the Milf/Hunt combo.

Wolfie

International Rep
Jan 14, 2015
Threads
Puzzled why they didn't really go for Manu at Redcliffe unless his management have made it clear he was never leaving. Hoping the Phins go for Reece Robson now. Smith is a big blow for them but he hadn't handled the rorters move with any class at all.

Brocko

QCup Player
Feb 23, 2014
Threads
Signing Smith and getting Manu to sign an extension whilst I'm sure givinghim an upgrade... who are the roosters losing/letting go in coming years?

Sproj

International Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Threads
You have to remember that the Roosters sign guys for way unders and then when they leave / retire, they were on overs, so they have money from:

Friend (800k)
Cordner (2 million)
Fitzgibbon (3 million due to inflation)
Ricketson (4 million see above)
Beetson (18 million see above)
Flanagan (1.5 million)
Liu (900k)
The Morri (15 million each)

On top of that, let's not forget their players just love the club, so all of these guys signed for way unders just due to lolalty:

Manu (300k)
Suaalii (150k and a small sign on bonus)
B.Smith (350k)
Crichton (200k)
Momirovski (10k)
Walker (5k and a weekly hair treatment)
JWH (is playing for match payments)
Radley (Is paying the Roosters for the privilege of playing for them)
Tedesco (plays for free)
Keary (Is still being paid compensation by Russell Crowe)
Collins (Paul White signed a contract that means the Broncos pay for him in perpetuity)

So yeah, totally legit.

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Threads
This just highlights another reason why the current recruitment model is flawed. At this stage of the season, we shouldn't even be speculating about Brandon Smith going to the Roosters since that's another year away. We should be focusing on Manu being retained which considering the players the Roosters lost and the players off contract (Crichton, SST) would be easily affordable.

Manu wasn't on a cheap contract before, the idea of him being bumped up another $100-200K doesn't seem unfathomable.

The only outsider they brought in was Renouf Atoni who was a bench player for the wooden spoon side. The other signings are returning players and I'd expect them to take relative unders to return to the club that developed them and have absolutely no issue with it. That's how the game should work, if you help produce talent, you get rewarded.

I rate Brandon Smith but don't really understand the point of the signing from a Roosters perspective. They already have a similar player in Victor Radley and Sam Verrills is one of the best emerging dummy halves in the game having already won a premiership with the club. With Lussick as an option and another year to survey the competition for dummy halves it just seems like a weird flex.

For the sake of the competition, I hope he ends up at the Dolphins.

Sproj

International Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Threads
100% this is what’s happening. Roosters need him this year.
I hope the Storm play hardball.
Also, the Storm being in disarray is glorious. Smith being an ahole, Tui being stood down, Felise on the move. 😏

The Storm will play hardball, Tripp loves to do that.

Stu_9

NRL Player
Mar 9, 2018
Threads
Everyone walking out on Melbourne, but it's alright, they got Coates.
Couldn't happen to a better club.
Hope Hughes and maybe Munster end up elsewhere also. Then watch Bellamy all of a sudden retire, all apart of the plan of course..

mitch222

State of Origin Rep
Apr 4, 2014
Threads
100% this is what’s happening. Roosters need him this year.
I hope the Storm play hardball.
Also, the Storm being in disarray is glorious. Smith being an ahole, Tui being stood down, Felise on the move. 😏
The storm will want a player of equal value. Going off their value system, Luke Keary, James Tedesco and Joey Manu might just get the job done combined for the trade

Latest posts

Who should be captain?

• Herbie Farnworth

• Kotoni Staggs

• Jake Turpin

• Patrick Carrigan

• Payne Haas

• Adam Reynolds

• Billy Walters

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OlivaBraze

Members online

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.