NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about for the other guys? Anyone know their reasons?

Clearly he isn't scared of needles as you state. His brother had a bad reaction to a needle before wherefore I understand his hesitancy. Maybe be a little less arbitrary mate.

I'm fully vaxxed so don't call me an anti vaxxer
He is literally scared of needles, allegedly because his brother had a reaction to one that's unrelated. Not because there's a risk to him from this vaccine. That does not follow. That's being scared.

As I've said elsewhere I'm also scared of needles, and I've had a serious reaction to another vaccine. I'm both scared of needles and I'm scared even more since the reaction. But sometimes you do what's medically advised, despite being afraid.

You don't get exempted from being vaccinated because you have an unfounded fear. We all have those.

He is literally scared of needles, allegedly because his brother had a reaction to one that's unrelated. Not because there's a risk to him from this vaccine. That does not follow. That's being scared.

As I've said elsewhere I'm also scared of needles, and I've had a serious reaction to another vaccine. I'm both scared of needles and I'm scared even more since the reaction. But sometimes you do what's medically advised, despite being afraid.

You don't get exempted from being vaccinated because you have an unfounded fear. We all have those.
You have no idea his reasons.

Would he be able to work on a construction site (Asiata) if not vaxxed? Curious as to how far the restrictions will extend.

You have no idea his reasons.
I'm specifically talking about the excuse given that references his brother having a reaction to a needle. If you have legitimate concerns that it might be genetic, you speak to an immunologist. If his brother did have a serious reaction than this will be flagged, and they will attempt to isolate the component that set off the reaction.

There is a formal chain of reporting triggered by serious vaccination events:

Mitchell Pearce has been granted an immediate release from the Knights to take up a three year deal in France....unless he gets a better offer from the US (sorry I couldn't resist).

Would he be able to work on a construction site (Asiata) if not vaxxed? Curious as to how far the restrictions will extend.
Differs between states. I believe NSW has relaxed the mandate, but I'm not certain. Here is Victoria:

The other side of the coin from playing the freedom card is no employer should be compelled to employ someone who refuses to get vaccinated.

I'm specifically talking about the excuse given that references his brother having a reaction to a needle. If you have legitimate concerns that it might be genetic, you speak to an immunologist. If his brother did have a serious reaction than this will be flagged, and they will attempt to isolate the component that set off the reaction.

There is a formal chain of reporting triggered by serious vaccination events:

But why do you care? The guy doesn’t want a needle and is happy to lose his $180k job and to walk away and not take up a spot at the dogs?

I don’t agree with him but it’s his choice and he’s gone about it as well as you can. I just don’t see what the big deal is?

But why do you care? The guy doesn’t want a needle and is happy to lose his $180k job and to walk away and not take up a spot at the dogs?

I don’t agree with him but it’s his choice and he’s gone about it as well as you can. I just don’t see what the big deal is?
He's an ex Bronco, this is the thread to talk about player movements, and Covid vaccination requirements are potentially compelling player movements. As for the question of superstition-induced vaccine hesitancy that's having a knock-on effect in the community in which we all live, how can you not care?

He's an ex Bronco, this is the thread to talk about player movements, and Covid vaccination requirements are potentially compelling player movements. As for the question of superstition-induced vaccine hesitancy that's having a knock-on effect in the community in which we all live, how can you not care?
would you like him publicly flogged until he changes his mind?

would you like him publicly flogged until he changes his mind?
I'd like him informed by expert opinion if he has concerns related to his brother's reaction. Speculation and superstition isn't a basis for exemption.

I'd like him informed by expert opinion if he has concerns related to his brother's reaction. Speculation and superstition isn't a basis for exemption.
And as far as i know he wasnt given an exemption hence giving up the money football would have paid him.
His choice not yours or anyone elses.

And as far as i know he wasnt given an exemption hence giving up the money football would have paid him.
His choice not yours or anyone elses.
You have to read more than the last two posts before you start flying into me half cocked.

Yeah this. If he's genuinely willing to forgo 180k salary, then good for him. It's obviously important enough, I don't think people should be held down and forced. His choice, his loss. I think it's dumb for sure, but power to him.

Out of 420 players, there's probably 5 that won't get it, that's pretty good numbers, 0.011% of the NRL player base. If they reflected wider society there would be 2-3 players per team not getting the jab.

Yeah I'd much rather someone like Asiata who weighed up his options and was willing to make the financial sacrifice in order to back up his stance. The same way I'd be happy for unvaccinated people to avoid the jab, as long as they stay at home and don't pose a danger (and not spread bullshit as to why others should avoid vaccination) to the rest of society. It's the "want their cake and to eat it too" who are worthy of disdain, it will be interesting if any of the remaining non-vaxxer NRL Players try to go down swinging.

Yeah this. If he's genuinely willing to forgo 180k salary, then good for him. It's obviously important enough, I don't think people should be held down and forced. His choice, his loss. I think it's dumb for sure, but power to him.

Out of 420 players, there's probably 5 that won't get it, that's pretty good numbers, 0.011% of the NRL player base. If they reflected wider society there would be 2-3 players per team not getting the jab.
Sure, but if he rather not be an NRL player than follow health directives, we can stop talking about him. He's off topic.

Yeah I'd much rather someone like Asiata who weighed up his options and was willing to make the financial sacrifice in order to back up his stance. The same way I'd be happy for unvaccinated people to avoid the jab, as long as they stay at home and don't pose a danger (and not spread bullshit as to why others should avoid vaccination) to the rest of society. It's the "want their cake and to eat it too" who are worthy of disdain, it will be interesting if any of the remaining non-vaxxer NRL Players try to go down swinging.
Yes to this. If you choose not to be vaccinated, fine. But only if you shelter in place and stay out of everyone else's road. If you do manage to get an exemption, that doesn't make you the equivalent of someone who's vaccinated, it makes you someone vulnerable, and potentially a risk to others.

Some people seem to think an exemption is a free willy wonka ticket.

Sure, but if he rather not be an NRL player than follow health directives, we can stop talking about him. He's off topic.

Yes to this. If you choose not to be vaccinated, fine. But only if you shelter in place and stay out of everyone else's road. If you do manage to get an exemption, that doesn't make you the equivalent of someone who's vaccinated, it makes you someone vulnerable, and potentially a risk to others.

Some people seem to think an exemption is a free willy wonka ticket.
Do the unvaccinated pose a greater risk to others than the vaccinated? Don’t they spread it all the same however the vaccinated have better personal health outcomes if they contract it?

Genuinely asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Wild Horse
  • Broncosgirl
  • Alec
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Lurker
  • mrslong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.