NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hughes has really proved me wrong. Didnt think he was a great 7 but he really grew into the role this year.
He completely outplayed Munster last season and with both now off contract for 2024 it would seem one of them, if not both, could be heading to the Dolphins

some movement news from Fox Sports:

Brandon Smith is due to tour the Roosters facilities on Monday

The Dolphins have offered Tino Fa’asuamaleaui a four year, $3.3 million contract, but are prepared to offer a five or six year contract to get his signature over the line

The Hodgson move to the Tigers looks off again, as the Raiders aren't prepared to chip in any money

The Tigers have sent the Knights a warning letter about trying to entice a player under contract (Brooks)

I love how much the Dolphins are impacting Melbourne. It’s awesome.

Outside of Munster and maybe Harry Grant, I don't think anyone in that team is a genuine star that would rightfully demand 1 million dollars a season, Melbourne over the years has always had a great culture but we've seen some players leave the club and not even look like first graders

I am actually anticipating Josh Addo-Carr to be a flop at Canterbury

The Titans have offered Tino Fa’asuamaleaui a four year, $3.3 million contract, but are prepared to offer a five or six year contract to get his signature over the line

The Hodgson move to the Tigers looks off again, as the Raiders aren't prepared to chip in any money

The Tigers have sent the Knights a warning letter about trying to entice a player under contract (Brooks)
The Titans really love these ‘more where that came from’ contract offers don’t they?

The Titans really love these ‘more where that came from’ contract offers don’t they?

sorry .... typo there i meant to say the Dolphins offered the 4 year contract and are prepared to offer a five or 6 year offer for Tino

sorry .... typo there i meant to say the Dolphins offered the 4 year contract and are prepared to offer a five or 6 year offer for Tino
If that's legit then Tino would be crazy to turn it down.

There's not much on the market for 2023 so if true they could be trying hard to line up BSmith and Tino as their big marquee inaugural signings.

I could be off the money here but this latest stuff with Jahrome Hughes has me wondering / theorising if a few Storm players might be a bit reluctant about heading back to resume life in Melbourne as things get back to normal. Having basically been Brisbane & Sunshine Coast based for the best part of two years, I wonder if a few of them have grown attached to life up here?
I do think it played a role in the Broncos getting Dave Donaghy.

Knights are apparently going to move Ponga to 6.

You got the wrong manchester club. They are man united. Spending lots of money without ever challenging for the title.
8AFFB408 158C 44E5 B076 8ED31E879DBB

Knights are apparently going to move Ponga to 6.
Aaaaand that brings a close to the knights premiership window.

Seems to happen every off season only for them to realise that planting Ponga on one side of the field completely nullifies him.

O'Brien plays with split halves, and even with Pearce he would often give him the middle of the field and split Ponga and Clifford/Mann/etc.... those games were the knights worst performances.

The only way it can work is if Ponga can play the CWalker style, which he does from fullback anyway, but can Clifford play the Reynolds role.

Also I'm guessing they want Hoy at fullback... I have been extremely unimpressed with Hoy whenever he has to fill in for Ponga.

Knights could be inline for a big slide down the ladder next year

Aaaaand that brings a close to the knights premiership window.

Seems to happen every off season only for them to realise that planting Ponga on one side of the field completely nullifies him.

O'Brien plays with split halves, and even with Pearce he would often give him the middle of the field and split Ponga and Clifford/Mann/etc.... those games were the knights worst performances.

The only way it can work is if Ponga can play the CWalker style, which he does from fullback anyway, but can Clifford play the Reynolds role.

Also I'm guessing they want Hoy at fullback... I have been extremely unimpressed with Hoy whenever he has to fill in for Ponga.

Knights could be inline for a big slide down the ladder next year

It just reeks of desperation from the Knights.

I get the feeling they are secretly unhappy with Ponga and what they have paid for him only for him to not quite deliver at the back and this is their attempt to get what they paid for.

Without a proper halfback next to him, it's not going to work and it's only going to end in tears for the Knights. But I get the feeling if this move fails, they might be looking to offload him.

It just reeks of desperation from the Knights.

I get the feeling they are secretly unhappy with Ponga and what they have paid for him only for him to not quite deliver at the back and this is their attempt to get what they paid for.

Without a proper halfback next to him, it's not going to work and it's only going to end in tears for the Knights. But I get the feeling if this move fails, they might be looking to offload him.
Completely agree.
This move was tried before under brown and was an abject failure.
Pretty sure he will end up at the phins now and maybe sooner rather than later.

Another "What would Wayne do" moment. Not realising, it's not Lockyer.

The Dolphins have offered Tino Fa’asuamaleaui a four year, $3.3 million contract, but are prepared to offer a five or six year contract to get his signature over the line

Oh the irony of sending warning letters when not 6 months ago they were spotted with Isaako and TPJ who were both contracted to us for another couple of years :rofl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Jedhead
  • kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.