NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
K.Nik to Souths is official.

Contract for the rest of this year with an option in his favour for next year.

Haven't seen any figure reported.

We should be keeping an eye on him, if he returns to form he would be the ideal partner for Reynolds
Munster followed by Drinkwater would be the ideal partner for Reynolds imo

Im with you Pete. To me it looks like they went all in on

1. Campbell
6. Brimson
7. Sexton

It was a bold move and probably a mistake but I think they needed to back their decision and let them develop. Now they’ve panicked and dropped Campbell, shifted Brimson back to 1, and panic purchased a 5/8 that has a high chance of not working out the way they hope it will.

Add to this the bizarre decisions they were making in their backline re Fifita and Thompson and it gives the impression something really strange is happening at the titans. If I had to guess, Holbrook doesn’t have full control over his team selections and office disagreements regarding roster management appear to be presenting themselves on the team lists.

Who ever decided to ship out Fogerty and go all in on the young spine has been overwritten by the looks of it.

I might be over analysing as I tend to do but this smells of a coach in crisis.
Never should have let go of Fogarty, whilst he wasn't a world beater, he held that team together quite nicely.

Bird apparently agreed to 1.1m/over 2 years extension.

Rothfield reckons Munster was offered 1.5m/2 years but Storm have now upped to 3 years and a bit more money.

I don't like Munster but that's a seriously insulting offer for someone of his calibre when you compare it to what average players like Bird get.

Bird apparently agreed to 1.1m/over 2 years extension.

Rothfield reckons Munster was offered 1.5m/2 years but Storm have now upped to 3 years and a bit more money.

I don't like Munster but that's a seriously insulting offer for someone of his calibre when you compare it to what average players like Bird get.

I think they're playing the we have helped you through a lot- how about you repay us a bit card.

I'm not privvy to what he's on now, but it has been mentioned he's on $750K. Surely from $750K to even $1 mil over 3 years is still undervaluing his talent. And if the Dolphins are offering $1.2 mil that's still effectively a pay cut of $600K. That's a hellva lot of marching powder!

If he ends up staying I'm convinced that Tripp has done some form of dodgy deal to make sure he gets that extra $600K in some other form of payment not directly connected to the club.

I'm not privvy to what he's on now, but it has been mentioned he's on $750K. Surely from $750K to even $1 mil over 3 years is still undervaluing his talent. And if the Dolphins are offering $1.2 mil that's still effectively a pay cut of $600K. That's a hellva lot of marching powder!

If he ends up staying I'm convinced that Tripp has done some form of dodgy deal to make sure he gets that extra $600K in some other form of payment not directly connected to the club.
Every article I've read claims his current deal (which ends next year) is 1.2m/season.

So going down to 750-850 is a huge pay cut. Keep in mind he turns 29 next year, so this will be his last "big" contract, after that he'll be 32-ish and will likely retire.

Every article I've read claims his current deal (which ends next year) is 1.2m/season.

So going down to 750-850 is a huge pay cut.
So if he's already on $1.2 mil what were the Dolphins offering him to jump ship?

So if he's already on $1.2 mil what were the Dolphins offering him to jump ship?
1-1.m apparently but that's compared to 750k Melbourne are offering him to remain beyond 2024.

Like say some sort of greyhound gambling deal?

Nah, i dont think he's that fast.

My old man had a good story about a pair of greyhound trainers who had to race each other on foot after their dogs tied for first twice.

My old man had a good story about a pair of greyhound trainers who had to race each other on foot after their dogs tied for first twice.
Would have been great to see the dogs sitting back watching.

So going down to 750-850 is a huge pay cut. Keep in mind he turns 29 next year, so this will be his last "big" contract, after that he'll be 32-ish and will likely retire.

He should never have been on 1.1 he is a 750k a year player. Storm did poor business there. The gap between his best and worst is too much- he's had off field issues and he's not that marketable that brings him all down.

He's the opposite of Paps but I think he's a 750k-800k player because he's not a rep player- you can't command million dollars when you're the fourth best fullback in your state and they pick three other guys over you every year.

He should never have been on 1.1 he is a 750k a year player. Storm did poor business there. The gap between his best and worst is too much- he's had off field issues and he's not that marketable that brings him all down.

He's the opposite of Paps but I think he's a 750k-800k player because he's not a rep player- you can't command million dollars when you're the fourth best fullback in your state and they pick three other guys over you every year.

Except he's the state's first best five-eighth?

But he's had all that other stuff going on that I said. That has to cost him.
The funny part is that he used to be protected. He always had "that stuff" going on, even when he scored his current contract, but either the media never got word of it, or it was kept quiet for **reasons**.

This justification is honestly hilarious. Munster is worth far more than he’s being offered, and it goes up every week he plays. Also there’s no way Paps is earning what we’ve been told either. Storm are shady.

I’d like to hear 1910’s justification of their betting company deals too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • NSW stables
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • Accept
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.