NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw that this morning, good pick up for them. I am still wondering who is being squeezed out there out of Boyd / Sexton and Brimson / Campbell. Then they have Weaver too.

I would love to pick up Brimson.
Didnt Brimson sign a 4yr extension last year??

I think he'll be there for a while yet

Didnt Brimson sign a 4yr extension last year??

I think he'll be there for a while yet

yeah he is

Brimson signed until end of 2026
Boyd signed until end of 2024
Campbell signed until end of 2024
Sexton signed until end of 2024

yeah he is

Brimson signed until end of 2026
Boyd signed until end of 2024
Campbell signed until end of 2024
Sexton signed until end of 2024
And how long is Oskar Bryant signed till?

He might be the most important spine player they have coming through and they are seemingly putting their eggs in other baskets

Curious transfer fees for esl players isnt included in the cap

For some reason 360 is spending any sort of time on Naden re-signing for 3yrs like it's a bad thing... and Anasta is most vocal about it... more vocal than I've seen him on pretty much anything.

Sounds to me like Naden is clearly not in Anasta's stable and potentially beat out one of his players... if that comes to light than that's where conflict of interest comes in.

I have no idea why he is so vehemently opposed to Naden getting a deal... especially as a player agent. He more than anyone should be about players getting the best deals for themselves, unless of course it's at the expense of one of his clients

For some reason 360 is spending any sort of time on Naden re-signing for 3yrs like it's a bad thing... and Anasta is most vocal about it... more vocal than I've seen him on pretty much anything.

Sounds to me like Naden is clearly not in Anasta's stable and potentially beat out one of his players... if that comes to light than that's where conflict of interest comes in.

I have no idea why he is so vehemently opposed to Naden getting a deal... especially as a player agent. He more than anyone should be about players getting the best deals for themselves, unless of course it's at the expense of one of his clients
Anasta has like 3 players in his stable. Munster, Ilias and who else?

For what role?

Fullback. I know, I know. I am just not as sold on Walsh as others are. I am hoping a new environment does him the world of good but who knows.

Even the media are starting the question the Rooster's salary sombrero.

The Sydney Roosters find themselves in a bit of a jam with journalist Phil Rothfield revealing the club’s damning salary cap crisis.
A list showcasing the NRL’s 100 highest paid players shows the Roosters have seven players listed which could lead to some major issues ahead of the 2023 season.

“The problem for the Roosters is next year they have got to chuck Brandon Smith into that and you have also got to throw Joseph Suaalii into that who is on $700,000 next year.

Not to mention Brandon Smith has dud written all over him outside the Melbourne system. Even this year in the Melbourne system he has looked like a dud.
If I were the Roosters I would be hoping he has another coke bender over the off-season so they can pull the contract.

For what role?
Can't see a place for him here, I'm not certain he is a 6 either I feel like his best role would be left centre, maybe if we lost Herbie he would be in consideration, can't see us paying anything close to what Titans would be though.

Rothfield bitching about 23, what about for 2022???

Quick Math

Tedesco 1.1
Keary 0.85
Manu 0.72
Jwh 0.7
Chrichton 0.7
SST 0.625
Radley 0.51

Other reported salaries include
Walker 0.5
Tupou 0.4
Suaalii 0.6 (couldnt find how much he signed for but this is the amount he rejected Souths)
Momirovski 0.3
Watson 0.3
Collins 0.55
Lodge 0.1

So we are at 7.955.000 here with 14 players

It just doesn't line up financially. You're allowed 4 players on minimum 77K.... everyone else has to be above that. So now we are at 8.235.000 with 18

Meaning we have 1.165 for the other 12, which is under 100K each....

that includes 3 starters, Nat Butcher, Verills and Tupouniua (all of whom I couldn't find any reported salaries for)

It doesn't work. And it's public info. Its so frustrating that no one does anything about this. So blatant and obvious.

Also, Trent Robinson has the easiest gig for a coach - not knocking the bloke I love the roosters style of footy - but he's not a super coach, he's a silver spoon boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Broncosarethebest
  • barker
  • BruiserMk1
  • Alec
  • Porthoz
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Lozza
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.