NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
the ultimate professional Braith Anasta is right this second talking about his client Cameron Munster on NRL360 and reacting to a Badel article
It's so fucked having commentators as player agents or vice versa. Like, always able to promote your player and make them a drawcard signing, excuse their poor form (like Milfy: it's the forwards), sweep away negative media "that's just a rumour" or change subject. No way in the world should it be allowed. It's bad enough the commentators take cash to promote players like Payne "best forward in the game" Haas. It's very manipulative and a total indictment of the NRL integrity.

It's so fucked having commentators as player agents or vice versa. Like, always able to promote your player and make them a drawcard signing, excuse their poor form (like Milfy: it's the forwards), sweep away negative media "that's just a rumour" or change subject. No way in the world should it be allowed. It's bad enough the commentators take cash to promote players like Payne "best forward in the game" Haas. It's very manipulative and a total indictment of the NRL integrity.

What has happened to the "independent commission". It was created to oversee everything and make sure everything is geared towards the best interests of rugby league in general (not just the NRL). It seems it's been whitewashed in favour of the ye olde NSWRL pulling the strings, and we have more self-serving agendas and corruption than ever.

It’s so fucked having players agents full stop.

I just cannot believe that no one in decision making power actually stopped to think, hey a player agent as host of the only nightly TV show might not be a good look and a definite conflict of interest right?

But then I look at who is in charge of the game and his useless yes man CEO and I'm like, nah totally get it. I mean, this is an administration that does not think anything through, throws players under the bus on a crackdown whim, totally screws up its own showcase round by having one of those said crackdowns, doesn't actually ask anybody before making decisions, allows a club to implode on itself over a jersey no one thought about, sets up its newest club to fail and as it stands about six weeks out from the Grand Final, doesn't even know where it is going to be.

So yeah, a player agent as host of its biggest show is a massive issue that is small in comparison to so many others.

Plus, is anyone else worried Anasta's eyebrows are going to escape from his forehead one day?

I just cannot believe that no one in decision making power actually stopped to think, hey a player agent as host of the only nightly TV show might not be a good look and a definite conflict of interest right?

But then I look at who is in charge of the game and his useless yes man CEO and I'm like, nah totally get it. I mean, this is an administration that does not think anything through, throws players under the bus on a crackdown whim, totally screws up its own showcase round by having one of those said crackdowns, doesn't actually ask anybody before making decisions, allows a club to implode on itself over a jersey no one thought about, sets up its newest club to fail and as it stands about six weeks out from the Grand Final, doesn't even know where it is going to be.

So yeah, a player agent as host of its biggest show is a massive issue that is small in comparison to so many others.

Plus, is anyone else worried Anasta's eyebrows are going to escape from his forehead one day?

agree with everything except the point about the GF.

They know exactly where the GF will be played.

Vlandys is doing the one thing he is good at right now (besides destroying rugby league of course) and that is playing politics. he is using the QLD Government to scare the NSW Government into giving them lots of cash for the GF... and it seems it has worked, reports this morning that the NSW Government will up their offer to $8 million and the GF will stay at Accor Stadium.

there was never any chance of the GF coming to QLD unless it was forced to via pandemic like conditions

agree with everything except the point about the GF.

They know exactly where the GF will be played.

Vlandys is doing the one thing he is good at right now (besides destroying rugby league of course) and that is playing politics. he is using the QLD Government to scare the NSW Government into giving them lots of cash for the GF... and it seems it has worked, reports this morning that the NSW Government will up their offer to $8 million and the GF will stay at Accor Stadium.

there was never any chance of the GF coming to QLD unless it was forced to via pandemic like conditions
So he traded a contract with the state government to put 1 billion into stadiums for 8 million to play the grand final in NSW. Pretty sure the NSW state government won this round. And as if the NRL were going to let Vlandys sell it to QLD or anyone else anyways.

So he traded a contract with the state government to put 1 billion into stadiums for 8 million to play the grand final in NSW. Pretty sure the NSW state government won this round. And as if the NRL were going to let Vlandys sell it to QLD or anyone else anyways.
IMO I think the NRL were fucked anyway. If they moved it to QLD they lost. If they stayed in NSW they folded on the threat and weren't getting the stadium money anyway.

no he didn't, but when the NSW Government backed out on their agreement, he used the QLD Government to force the NSW Government to pay to get a GF they already had.

p.s if the NSW government had a "contract" to invest in suburban stadiums, there is every chance the NRL could go to court to enforce siad contract.

p.p.s although i do slightly amend the statement, the smarter move would have been to take $8 million off QLD, telling NSW they don't get the GF back until these stadiums have been upgraded. this is because NSW Government openly insisted the GF was going nowhere (although, they didn't expect to have to pay to keep it)

It was never coming here. Even last year due to Covid when QLD was the obvious place to hold it, they offered it to Melbourne(?) who were arguably in as bad a position as Sydney was at the time. I don't remember the full story but didn't Anna also have to up her price to 10mil or something to stop it from going to Townsville as well?

So apparently according to Fox, Broncos and Storm were in negotiations for a Haas-Munster swap earlier in the year when Haas' garbage started. They're losing almost their entire forward pack next year and we needed a FB and still need a successor for Reyno in years to come...

Thoughts?

So apparently according to Fox, Broncos and Storm were in negotiations for a Haas-Munster swap earlier in the year when Haas' garbage started. They're losing almost their entire forward pack next year and we needed a FB and still need a successor for Reyno in years to come...

Thoughts?
Sounds like crap. Munster has always said he would return to Brisbane to play with a new team. Reading between the lines he hates us. Unless dd is mates with him or something…..?

Thoughts?

I think at this moment in time while i think it would be a good move, i dont think its the right move.

Thoughts?

we've moved again to distance ourselves from Munster, once it was reveal that he had again rejected the Storm's offer

Munster would be an idiot to turn down the Dolphins offer really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Strop
  • broncs30
  • Dazza 92
  • Gray
  • Morkel
  • Broncorob
  • Midean
  • Brotherdu
  • broncsgoat
  • RodF
  • simplythebest
  • Wolfie
  • Rookie Alan
  • Alec
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ezpz
  • Cavalo
  • Mustafur
... and 29 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.