NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely the Cows don't just release one of their brightest talents without something in return and being the Dolphins, they've got nothing to offer

good price, handy pick up for the The
Bit surprised the roosters did sign him as well as T Scheck as a package deal as back up for Tedesco and Manu and Sualauii and Fairfax

Surely the Cows don't just release one of their brightest talents without something in return and being the Dolphins, they've got nothing to offer

in this instance, they'll take the same position as we do.

if the release is to give the player a better opportunity elsewhere, they won't stand in his way.

in this instance, they'll take the same position as we do.

if the release is to give the player a better opportunity elsewhere, they won't stand in his way.

Well, no ideally they wouldn't but they're a team who just finished Top 4, it's not like releasing early enhances their roster or salary cap.

I think he was only ever going to be the backup for fullback at the Phins. He's a winger.
He'll be lucky to get a spot in the extended squad each week

Even though trades are talked about a lot I cant recall that many actually happening.

I think most teams are just happy to get the full salary off the books so they can use the money how they want to rather than being forced to take on a different contract

Would be huge for them

Even though trades are talked about a lot I cant recall that many actually happening.

I think most teams are just happy to get the full salary off the books so they can use the money how they want to rather than being forced to take on a different contract
Mick Bani was involved in a trade once. He got swapped for some guy named Farrar.

Drinkwater has overtaken him and he's fell down the pecking order, but he doesn't want to be a bench player.

It's better for them to just release him. Also frees up money on the cap they can use to upgrade players.

They do get something in return, they free up cap space to allow them to keep somebody like Nanai. Plus they have some goodwill so if say in 3 years time Drinkwater isnt doing so well and Hamiso is they will be in a good position to entice him back up north.

he'll get at least that ... they're backs aren't crash hot

Keep an eye on Te Whare. If he can up his fitness a bit he could really be a surprise package for them.

Keep an eye on Te Whare. If he can up his fitness a bit he could really be a surprise package for them.

Valynce has to massively improve his footy IQ. He has no idea what's going on and why- which is fine he just took up the game. He has made massive improvements from BRL mid year to finish with a Grand Final.

He's very rough and just running and breaking 10 tackles won't happen in NRL.

The Dolphins boys call him Val Meninga and he had no idea what the joke even meant!

Valynce has to massively improve his footy IQ. He has no idea what's going on and why- which is fine he just took up the game. He has made massive improvements from BRL mid year to finish with a Grand Final.

He's very rough and just running and breaking 10 tackles won't happen in NRL.

The Dolphins boys call him Val Meninga and he had no idea what the joke even meant!

I think the more he has played the better he has got for Reddy. There is just something about him i quite like even though i cant quite put my finger on it.

He's still carrying a bit too much timber around the middle for my liking!

I think the more he has played the better he has got for Reddy. There is just something about him i quite like even though i cant quite put my finger on it.

He's still carrying a bit too much timber around the middle for my liking!

He improved from the start of the year to making his Cup debut but once he played Cup he didn't improve. From his first game against Ipswich where he just smashed them in the second half down the right hand side. That was his strength from there.

You saw in the Final once Norths gave him no space and he couldn't run riot and he needed a plan B or C he was coming up short. He had three tackle breaks down from eight against the Bears and he went from 228m to 144m.

some more rumours today courtesy of Fox Sports:

Rumour One.

The Bulldogs and Tigers are interested in Klemmer; the Knights would be open to a release from the final year of his contract.

Rumour Two.

The Tigers are also still keen on John Bateman; they've approached Wigan about a release and have been told the transfer fee would be 350k.

Paul Kent on the Bateman to Tigers

“There’s a little bit of a sneaky whisper here that they think they might be able to get both (Klemmer as well),” Kent said.

“That’d be alright,” Braith Anasta replied.

“Yeh I think Sheensy’s heading to England and will have a talk to Bateman when he’s over there,” Kent said.

Rumour Three.

The NRL are keeping an eye on a potential swap deal between the Tigers and the Panthers. Tyrone Peachey would head to the Premiers and Charlie Staines would go to the Wooden Spooners.

The NRL have reportedly approved a pay cut for Peachey to join the back-to-back premiers.

Tigers look to be building something, I'm happy to see that. Time will tell though with their two marquee signings seeming like morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Alec
  • eggstar10
  • Jazza
  • Santa
  • sooticus
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • armchair
  • Fatboy
  • broncoscope
  • HVbronco
  • Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • kiwibronco
  • Spoon
  • Mister Wright
  • Morkel
  • Harry Sack
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.