NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jayden Sullivan has requested an immediate release to join the Bulldogs because Ben Hunt has re-signed with the club.

David Riccio said to Triple M:

“The real concern is for Jayden Sullivan, one of their gun rookies, I expect this will have a domino effect as far as Ben Hunt re-committing to the club,” Riccio said on Triple M.

“I think this will blow up guys, Jayden Sullivan has really been ambitious as far as wanting a future in the halves.

“He is a very talented young player and I understand the Bulldogs are watching this situation closely, it would be a huge blow once again for the Dragons if they were to lose another young gun local junior.”

Jayden Sullivan has requested an immediate release to join the Bulldogs because Ben Hunt has re-signed with the club.

David Riccio said to Triple M:

“The real concern is for Jayden Sullivan, one of their gun rookies, I expect this will have a domino effect as far as Ben Hunt re-committing to the club,” Riccio said on Triple M.

“I think this will blow up guys, Jayden Sullivan has really been ambitious as far as wanting a future in the halves.

“He is a very talented young player and I understand the Bulldogs are watching this situation closely, it would be a huge blow once again for the Dragons if they were to lose another young gun local junior.”
seems like everyone wants to join the dogs haha

There was always going to be a down-side to the Ben Hunt signing. Jayden would be a good pick-up for the Bulldogs, Sullivan was a real stand-out in the NSW Cup and instantly made them a better team when they were horrible to start the year. They already have some promising halves in O'Neil & Rajab but this will immediately strengthen their stocks.

I can't say I really like that decision from the Dragons. Undoubtedly Ben Hunt is their best player but where has he gotten them? They've played one finals series with him and it's only been since they started signing ex-team mates that he's started playing well again. The way it worked out was fantastic, you could have had Hunt play this final year and switch into dummy half to bring Sullivan on and then used his money to sign a dummy half and bolster their pack.

Hunt could have gone somewhere else like Newcastle or the Dolphins who desperately need a 7. This just seems like one of those signings that hurts everyone.

the Dragons aren't going to release Sullivan though.

Hunt to 9 for the dragons lol?

the Dragons aren't going to release Sullivan though.
I don't think they'll have much say. Either they can keep him around where he's miserable and angling for a release every opportunity or they just bite the bullet. It's reportedly a very divided camp and a lot of the juniors were weighing up their futures based on what Hunt was doing.

It'll be even worse if they re-sign Hook.

From my understanding Dragons have been looking to offload Jayden but they were waiting until they knew what was going on with Hunt.

Wouldn’t be good to offload him and then Hunt doesn’t re-sign.

I don't think they'll have much say. Either they can keep him around where he's miserable and angling for a release every opportunity or they just bite the bullet. It's reportedly a very divided camp and a lot of the juniors were weighing up their futures based on what Hunt was doing.

It'll be even worse if they re-sign Hook.

that also applies to Sloan who had his release request denied recently

From my understanding Dragons have been looking to offload Jayden but they were waiting until they knew what was going on with Hunt.

Wouldn’t be good to offload him and then Hunt doesn’t re-sign.

He's supposed to be their future, why would they be looking to offload him?

He's supposed to be their future, why would they be looking to offload him?

Rumour is he’s not in Hook’s good books. Apparently had a stink over being dropped and not being a regular in the 17.

Munster staying at Storm. Bit of a surprise really even though at a million a year its still a good contract.

Haha half of what Redcliff would have been offering.

Haha half of what Redcliff would have been offering.

Its a big difference, but not quite half. $5.6 million from Redcliffe compared to $4 million from the Storm. I'm sure questions will be asked about how they are affording to keep the players they have considering have overpaid for Hughes.

Its a big difference, but not quite half. $5.6 million from Redcliffe compared to $4 million from the Storm. I'm sure questions will be asked about how they are affording to keep the players they have considering have overpaid for Hughes.

Good. Hope it all comes crashing down on them

Melbourne are above reproach when it comes to the salary cap(s)

So the Melb spine is absorbing about 4 mil of their cap? They are either going to have an atrocious fwd pack and outside backs or they're beyond rorters levels of suss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• JamesC
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.