NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Melb spine is absorbing about 4 mil of their cap? They are either going to have an atrocious fwd pack and outside backs or they're beyond rorters levels of suss.
Papa signed for **** all and I didn’t think Grant was on mega money?

So Storm 2023 I guess:

1. Papenheuzen
2. Coates
3. Olam
4. Smith
5. Jennings/Walbrick?
6. Munster
7. Hughes
8. Welch
9. Grant
10. Asofa-Solomona
11. Eisenhuth
12. Howarth
13. Sims

14. Chan
15. Katoa
16. Kamikamica
17. Grant?

Papa signed for **** all and I didn’t think Grant was on mega money?
I'm pretty sure Grant is on $1m

Paps apparently signed for $650k... because .... reasons...

Imagine getting Paps for $200k cheaper than the $1m dollar wannabe Haas

I'm pretty sure Grant is on $1m

Paps apparently signed for $650k... because .... reasons...

Imagine getting Paps for $200k cheaper than the $1m dollar wannabe Haas
I believe Papenhuyzen is on a little more than that (about 750’ish) but still seemingly a fair way under what he could get elsewhere..

You have to wonder where the Storm found the extra $350,000 or thereabouts for Munster, from their initial offer to him

So the Melb spine is absorbing about 4 mil of their cap? They are either going to have an atrocious fwd pack and outside backs or they're beyond rorters levels of suss.
Then they have Welch, Nelson and howarth on 500k plus a year. Coates on approx 400k.

So they have about half the cap to spend on the remaining 22 or so players.

Then they have Welch, Nelson and howarth on 500k plus a year. Coates on approx 400k.

So they have about half the cap to spend on the remaining 22 or so players.

Maybe they have a got a good supply of brown paper bags cheap.

Maybe they have a got a good supply of brown paper bags cheap.

I hear they're monogrammed with the letters N.P. Must be a black market for brown paper bags in the NRL

All the reports I saw were 850-900+

I wouldn't be surprised if the media have changed their tune on this ... but at the time he re-signed the reports were saying around the 650k mark (using his major concussion at the time, as the reason for his lower value)...

the NRL have it in their power to stop the speculation and keep clubs honest ... but they refuse to make the salaries of players public. they wouldn't be the only sport or the only industry where salaries are required to be publicly available.

Brent Read says that Munsters new Storm deal (beginning in 2024) is understood to be worth upwards of $1.1 million a season.

Sick of this corrupt game.

You would think the dickheads in charge would have to know that allowing teams to stack their side by subverting the cap through whatever means they can is bad for the competition overall.

What a joke.

Sick of this corrupt game.

You would think the dickheads in charge would have to know that allowing teams to stack their side by subverting the cap through whatever means they can is bad for the competition overall.

What a joke.

They are losing Felise Kaufusi, Jesse & Kenny Bromwich, Brandon Smith which is a big chunk of their cap freed up, and they have a side full of discards from other clubs.

Is it really that unbelievable they can afford to keep the star players they're keeping?

They are losing Felise Kaufusi, Jesse & Kenny Bromwich, Brandon Smith and they have a side full of discards from other clubs.

Is it really that unbelievable they can afford to keep the star players they're keeping?
Defending the Storm and their shady ways? You sure you are on the right forums?

They are keeping their stars for below market value. Nothing shady at all. Carry on.

Defending the Storm and their shady ways? You sure you are on the right forums?

It's just not logical to think they're cheating the cap when you look at their losses and gains. Those 4 players alone would have freed up a very big chunk of their cap.

It's just not logical to think they're cheating the cap when you look at their losses and gains. Those 4 players alone would have freed up a very big chunk of their cap.
Is it logical to take into account the fact they have been stripped of a premiership win because of cheating the cap in the past?

Is it logical to take into account the fact they have been stripped of a premiership win because of cheating the cap in the past?

Look at the side they had... Compare that to now.

Look at the side they had... Compare that to now.
All I see is superstars staying for a lot less money than they could get elsewhere.
This raises big red flags for me considering we know they are willing to cheat the system.

Sure they lost a few, but they have arguably kept their best, and all for unders. The only big loss is Brandon Smith, and they lost him for two reasons.
1 - they have Harry Grant.
2 - their brown paper bags are not as heavy as uncle Nicks.

The Storm have a dirty record for a reason, and their retention of superstars on minimum wage is matched only by the Roosters, who have the running joke in the NRL world as operating under the salary sombrero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• mrslong
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.