NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong but did Tannah Boyd play Qld Cup at Fullback? Is it possible that this is where they see him playing in the future? Also did or can Paix play 9?

If we are without both Pearson and Opacic next year who will be the backup outside backs? Is there any young talent coming through that could step up? Maybe we will need to sign a couple of other cheapies. I know he has some illicit drug history but I think Taane Milne would be a good signing if they can keep him on the straight and narrow.

I would be interested to know if we have any other confirmed departures and who are likely to replace them.

Last edited:
If we are without both Pearson and Opacic next year who will be the backup outside backs? Is there any young talent coming through that could step up? Maybe we will need to sign a couple of other cheapies. I know he has some illicit drug history but I think Taane Milne would be a good signing if they can keep him on the straight and narrow.

I would be interested to know if we have any other confirmed departures and who are likely to replace them.

Well, Bird is back, and assuming we are going to play him in his best position, we'll have Staggs and Shibasaki as back up centres. Not sure about back up wingers, it would be good if he could give that speedy guy from Ipswich a shot though.

I'm sure we had the chance to retain smith, Cronk, slater and Munster. We also could have had Thurston and Inglis.
You cant retain something youve never had...

You cant retain something youve never had...
We had the chanc to sign both and failed. The operative word being 'had'. I don't know but conversations with you seem somewhat antagonistic in the sense that I get the feeling you just want to argue for arguing sake. Have I upset somewhere down the track?

We had the chanc to sign both and failed. The operative word being 'had'. I don't know but conversations with you seem somewhat antagonistic in the sense that I get the feeling you just want to argue for arguing sake. Have I upset somewhere down the track?

You said "I'm sure we had the chance to retain smith, Cronk, slater and Munster."

we didn't ... we had a chance to "sign" those players, there is a difference

Didn't they all come out of our feeders?

the came out of QLD clubs yes, but not ours.

I believe Smith, Slater and Cronk all started at Melbourne, while we had just the one feeder (Toowoomba/Aspley). and they all played for Norths (a Storm feeder)

Munster could be a different story, if he started at the Storm during the brief period that we had East Tigers as our feeder (i think that was his club)

Last edited:
Didn't they all come out of our feeders?

Smith, Cronk and Slater no they were at Norths who were the Storm- 98-07.

Munster made his ISC debut with the Capras in late 2012, won rookie of the year in 2013 and signed with the Storm for 2014. Capras were the Broncos' feeder at the time.

It was Harry Grant's dad who tipped Bunn off to come see him.

https://www.zerotackle.com/gold-coast-sign-melbourne-storms-ryley-jacks-37176/

Gold Coast have signed Melbourne Storm halfback Ryley Jacks to partner Ash Taylor for the 2019 season.
Jacks will sign a one-year deal with the Titans and is expected to take the playmaking burden off Taylor.
The Titans halfback struggled at times last season with the burden of a $1 million-a-year contract.
Former Gold Coast football manager Scott Sattler has worked closely with Jacks and said he is the perfect foil for Taylor.
“Players at the Melbourne Storm develop good work ethics and Ryley would bring that to the Titans,” Sattler told The Courier Mail.
“He would be good for the Titans for two reasons. One because of his strong work ethic and two, because Garth Brennan is a rookie coach, Ryley can be like a second coach on the field executing game plans.
“I’ve always seen some subtle touches in Ryley’s game and he’s been able to fine-tune them and have the confidence to use his skill set in the pressure of an NRL game.
“There is a difference between having the skills and having the confidence to use them and Ryley is now in a place of his career where he is backing himself.
“I just think he would be a good foil and role model for Ash Taylor. He would be able to teach Taylor the work ethic required to succeed and all the tiny one per cent pockets of improvement that players are taught at Melbourne.
“Ryley has had to work damn hard to get where he is today and if they can strike a balance as halves, they can bring some success to the Titans.”
Jacks will join Canberra’s Shannon Boyd and Panthers utility Tyrone Peachey at the Titans next season.

Why exactly did the Titans sign Tyrone Roberts again?

1. Brimson
6. Jacks
7. Taylor
9. Peats
14. Rein

He won't even make their top 17.

1. Brimson
6. Jacks
7. Taylor
9. Peats
14. Rein

Lets be honest. They probably felt bad for him.

1. Brimson
6. Jacks
7. Taylor
9. Peats
14. Rein

You need depth and he got a good offer?

https://www.zerotackle.com/gold-coast-sign-melbourne-storms-ryley-jacks-37176/

Gold Coast have signed Melbourne Storm halfback Ryley Jacks to partner Ash Taylor for the 2019 season.
Jacks will sign a one-year deal with the Titans and is expected to take the playmaking burden off Taylor.
The Titans halfback struggled at times last season with the burden of a $1 million-a-year contract.
Former Gold Coast football manager Scott Sattler has worked closely with Jacks and said he is the perfect foil for Taylor.
“Players at the Melbourne Storm develop good work ethics and Ryley would bring that to the Titans,” Sattler told The Courier Mail.
“He would be good for the Titans for two reasons. One because of his strong work ethic and two, because Garth Brennan is a rookie coach, Ryley can be like a second coach on the field executing game plans.
“I’ve always seen some subtle touches in Ryley’s game and he’s been able to fine-tune them and have the confidence to use his skill set in the pressure of an NRL game.
“There is a difference between having the skills and having the confidence to use them and Ryley is now in a place of his career where he is backing himself.
“I just think he would be a good foil and role model for Ash Taylor. He would be able to teach Taylor the work ethic required to succeed and all the tiny one per cent pockets of improvement that players are taught at Melbourne.
“Ryley has had to work damn hard to get where he is today and if they can strike a balance as halves, they can bring some success to the Titans.”
Jacks will join Canberra’s Shannon Boyd and Panthers utility Tyrone Peachey at the Titans next season.

So hang on, he has been signed to take the play making burden off Ash Taylor? Isn’t that Ash Taylor’s job?

So hang on, he has been signed to take the play making burden off Ash Taylor? Isn’t that Ash Taylor’s job?

TBF, it is the same reason we need someone better than Nikorima in the halves with Milford

TBF, it is the same reason we need someone better than Nikorima in the halves with Milford

Yeah, but Ash Taylor is supposed to be "a genuine halfback". Nikorima has never had those claims made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.