NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
so on top of the Hodgson to Tigers reports, which will probably happen if the Tigers and Raiders can agree on how much of Hodgson's reported 800k salary the Raiders will pick up for 2023

Brent Read is reporting that the Eels are targeting Nick Cotric for next season, the Bulldogs want to free up some cap space.

Brent Read says

“Nick Cotric has been linked with Parramatta a while ago,” Read said on Triple M.

“He is on a big deal at Canterbury.

“My understanding is that he is still on Parramatta’s radar and there is still a chance that something could happen there with Nick Cotric.

“When you think about that Parramatta side Blake Ferguson has left and Maika Sivo injured his knee in the latter stages of the year and may miss the start of next year.

“They are really short in the outside backs and Nick Cotric is on their radar and there is the potential for a deal to be done there.

“Canterbury have a really tight salary cap. With Canterbury’s salary cap and the way it is placed their top five players, none of them are spine players.

“Spine is a real weakness at that club and it needs to be reshaped. The cap needs to be reshaped and the squad needs to be reshaped.

“The only way you can do that is by moving players who are attractive to other clubs and Nick Cotric is one of those guys.”
Lol dogs finally get to the end of 5yr of cap trouble only to spend all their freed up cap on wingers and second rowers.

Fucking mensa candidates down there!!

I hope teams absolutely destroy the dogs for their ineptness and make them pay a ton of cap for the ridiculous contracts they handed out

I hope we have someone in mind to come in to our squad who currently isn't available, Harry I'm looking at you.

Could be a handy utility off the bench to back up Campbell, Brimson and Sexbomb.

Will Smith any good? Can't say I've watched enough Eels games to notice him but just joined the Titans.
Good backup half that does the job. Handy pickup for cheap. With Taylor and Fogs gone, he will be valuable if there's any injuries.

Interesting target for the Bulldogs.

I wonder how it will pan out.

7F811108 8F6F 42FC 9A86 DFF10F5B9DD1

Will Smith any good? Can't say I've watched enough Eels games to notice him but just joined the Titans.
He'll be a back up 6, but cant really play 7... eels use him off the bench, but I think he's too small for that middle utility. Eels usually chuck him into 9 off the bench for about 15mins when needed

He's probably a smaller lightweight version of Peachey

Pretty much just a cheaper version of Mbye. Nothing special. He’ll do a job off the bench but I wouldn’t count on him to be anything more than serviceable.

He's a handy player Will Smith. Really good pick up and a good player to have at 14.

Joey Leilua has rejected the Tigers offer of a train and trial contract and will look to continue his career, playing Yawnion in the US.

apparently he was on 850k a year, lol

Joey Leilua has given Madge and WWOS a spray on the way out the door via Instagram

Leilua swipe

transcript:

“This is another lie,” he wrote. “Never got offered to go there for a train and trial.

“Get your facts right!

“Btw I wouldn’t play for someone that blames the team all the time! And not once himself! #Madge.”

Joey Leilua has given Madge and WWOS a spray on the way out the door via Instagram

View attachment 15605

transcript:

“This is another lie,” he wrote. “Never got offered to go there for a train and trial.

“Get your facts right!

“Btw I wouldn’t play for someone that blames the team all the time! And not once himself! #Madge.”
An example of what is wrong at the tigers.
They pay huge overs and when the inevitable time comes to dump someone they make it worse than it has to be.
Can't see Mcguire lasting the season either and when the inevitable sacking comes that is likely to be messy too.

When the players are the ones making stupid errors and playing low-percentage plays against the coach's instructions, I'd blame them over the coach too.

Hodgson's move to the Tigers is now in jeopardy now, because Tom Starling is being investigated by NSW Police.

The Courier Mail no saying what the issue is ... just that he has been spoken to by police after attending the same site on the Central Coast where he was arrested late last year and charged with 7 offences including assault police ... 6 of those charges have since been dropped, with one charge remaining outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.