NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
if tino goes it all starts to fall apart on the Goldy surely, theyre already a club purely offering a payday but their legitimacy falls even further if they lose tino or even fifita

if tino goes it all starts to fall apart on the Goldy surely, theyre already a club purely offering a payday but their legitimacy falls even further if they lose tino or even fifita
Maybe they'll offer him a million too then rename themselves to the Backrow Titans. Kinda hope they do, they sure are dumb enough.

Look who still wants to be friends with the cool kids.
8DFBDBB6 7F57 4785 8497 4F40CC97567F

Tino has been a mercenary from day 1 so I wouldn't expect anything less.

Must admit i'd never thought that about him. Think he only left us because we signed Payne.

Must admit i'd never thought that about him. Think he only left us because we signed Payne.
yeah i dont hold anything against tino, hes a fantastic player and he made a perfectly acceptable decision to leave

yeah i dont hold anything against tino, hes a fantastic player and he made a perfectly acceptable decision to leave

It does seem a bit like he is chasing the money, but at a guess somebody from the Dolphins has tapped him up.

I don't hate him for it, good for him TBH. I only really dislike mercenary types when they pretend not to be, AKA Folau.

Tino/Welch/Grant would be 3 realistic targets for the Dolphins, I hope they do well. Another strong QLD club makes it harder for the NRL to continuously treat QLD as second rate.

I reckon the new club hurts Melbourne the most

They've made a habit of taking the QLD kids that we either didn't see or didn't want

Melbourne has been a success but only because they've had arguably the best coach in the comp for a long time now and a few rep spine players who fell into their lap along the way, you can't really say it's promoted Rugby League in Melbourne, I can't recall a Melbourne based kid come through their ranks

I reckon the new club hurts Melbourne the most

They've made a habit of taking the QLD kids that we either didn't see or didn't want

Melbourne has been a success but only because they've had arguably the best coach in the comp for a long time now and a few rep spine players who fell into their lap along the way, you can't really say it's promoted Rugby League in Melbourne, I can't recall a Melbourne based kid come through their ranks

Its fantastic that Vlandys hasn't thought this through (that isn't surprising). He's made the right decision purely for money and you can be sure Melbourne are privately panicking. They will need to find a new pipeline and we all know it isn't going to be Victoria because that would require too much effort.

As long as it’s back to what he should be getting paid which is 750k
Yeah exactly... that's his worth.

Ultimately it will be us vs GC vs Dolphins for where he goes next.

If he chooses us over GC or dolphins for $700-$750 then that's a huge gain for us.

Think he's off contract end of 2023, so dolphins will have been in the comp for 12 months and wont have that $10m clean slate available... if they blow their load on Tino, Munster, etc. then they may not have their ducks in a row to line up Fifita without blowing out their squad balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Pablo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Tmac
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Nerd
  • Broncorob
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • thenry
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.