NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see Brooks in a good team to know if he's a decent player or not. Knights are pretty shit but they are a step up from the Tigers.
Brooks has played 9 seasons of NRL. In that time he has:
- never played a single finals game
- Had 5 different coaches
- had 108 different team mates
-countless halves partners and spine combos,

If we don’t know by now then he probably isn’t decent.

I'd still take him back.

He didnt want to leave and even said can I go for a year get paid and then come back.

It would be a huge boost to our legitimacy if Fifita came back almost immediately after leaving... in the same way that Hodgo came back
I've never seen a player look more unhappy on the field. Even when he was scoring a try and the titans were winning he looked like he wanted to be anywhere else but on the field.
I wouldn't take him back for anything more then 600,000. What does he give us? We went down this route. He's destructive and can break a game wide open but his attitude is shocking in defence and he puts his head down when the team is on the back foot. That attitude rubs off on others and is worth more losses in a season then any player could possibly win you, never mind a 2nd rower.
He shouldn't have listened to mummy. When you're as close to your mates as he seemed to be at the broncos you won't be catching up in the 50 years after footy reminiscing on that rich contract you signed. Financially I doubt he will end up better off in the long run anyway, 1 club players make that money back in the media and sponsorship long term, the agents and his mummy just fell for the dollars. Not to mention his value dropping dramatically every year he plays like he did this year...

Tim Sheens on Luke Brooks:

“Luke Brooks is contracted with Wests Tigers until at least the end of 2023 and, contrary to media speculation, will not be leaving the club,” Sheens said in a statement.

“Luke is a proud local junior and an extremely talented halfback, who has shown an unquestionable level of commitment to Wests Tigers over a number of years. It is clear that he remains an integral part of the long-term plans of Wests Tigers and, in speaking with him, he too is equally focused and passionate on delivering sustained success for the club.

“Wests Tigers have been definitive on this matter and will continue to reiterate this against any untrue speculation. It is unfair on Luke, his teammates and family, as well as those involved with the club, to raise false conjecture on his future lying away from Wests Tigers when both he and the club are united on delivering success together.

“I have known Luke for a long time and am continually impressed by the way that he carries himself both on and off the field. I look forward to working with him again to give the proud Members of this club the performances and results they deserve.”

Read that as, “…we want him gone, but we want another club to pay full freight…”
Looks like there is zero wiggle room in that comment. He even dragged Brooks' name into saying that he is committed, so cant even be like "Brooks requested a release".

If I'm a tigers fan I'm probably a little peeved off at the statement and all the talk about success, high performance, etc.

The season they had is possibly one of the worst they've had in awhile and Sheens comes in talking all that bs... it's just total fluff talk with zero substance.

Coen Hess re-signs with the Cowboys until the end of 2024
Keaon Koloamatangi re-signs with the Rabbitohs until the end of 2024

This is probably more for 2023 but apparently Brandon Smith's Manager will email all 17 clubs asking them to submit their offers for his services...no doubt he will stay at storm for less money incoming

Coen Hess re-signs with the Cowboys until the end of 2024
Keaon Koloamatangi re-signs with the Rabbitohs until the end of 2024
That’s quite a leap of faith by Hess considering how the cows have been going the last few seasons.

This is probably more for 2023 but apparently Brandon Smith's Manager will email all 17 clubs asking them to submit their offers for his services...no doubt he will stay at storm for less money incoming
You’d think that process is common practise.

Dean Ritchie reporting that Mitchell Pearce will formally seek a release from the final year of his contract tomorrow and the Knight will grant it. it should be completed in the next 48 hours.

he'll take up a 3 year contract to finish his career at Catalans

Dean Ritchie reporting that Mitchell Pearce will formally seek a release from the final year of his contract tomorrow and the Knight will grant it. it should be completed in the next 48 hours.

he'll take up a 3 year contract to finish his career at Catalans
Knights will struggle without him

That’s quite a leap of faith by Hess considering how the cows have been going the last few seasons.
Have you seen how Hess has been going... seems quite a leap by cows to re-sign him

Can’t say I’ve seen much of Hess as I only would see him when we play the cows.
If you’re right about him maybe he didn’t get much interest from any other clubs so had no where else to go.

The issue with Brandon Smith is that he hasn't proven to be an 80 minute player, he has as much impact as anyone else in the NRL in a short stint on the field but how much would you pay for someone like that?

I think Melbourne would be willing to let him go, they probably see Harry Grant as the one who will be the better of the 2 out of dummy half but still, neither player is quite able to punch out a solid 80.

The issue with Brandon Smith is that he hasn't proven to be an 80 minute player, he has as much impact as anyone else in the NRL in a short stint on the field but how much would you pay for someone like that?

I think Melbourne would be willing to let him go, they probably see Harry Grant as the one who will be the better of the 2 out of dummy half but still, neither player is quite able to punch out a solid 80.

Agreed and the Dolphins will pull the checkbook out for him, so let them take the expensive punt.

I think I called Elliott going to the Wests Tigers, but this also seems like a Ricky signing.

Not a good signing but a Ricky signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.