NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Papalli signed with the Tigers. Another miss for the dolphins
Imagine getting beaten to the punch by the Tigers of all teams
My respect for papalii has dropped majorly. He's just another mercenary

Papalli signed with the Tigers. Another miss for the dolphins
Imagine getting beaten to the punch by the Tigers of all teams
Would always happen... if you're already based in Sydney then you've got 8 teams to talk to and **** all travel over the course of the year.

The targets are those that are from Qld or want to relocate to QLD, like BSmith.

It's why I laugh when NSWRL flag Gutho as a big target for the Dolphins.... unless the money is huge why would he want to relocate to SEQ

how? a team offered him a contract and he... took it?
Eels also offered a very decent deal at 450k a year and he knocked it back and then asked around for better prices.

Not to mention he should show a bit of loyalty, eels took a punt on the guy last year and he's only had one good year so far. 450k is a very accurate measurement of his worth and he should've taken it

Let's face it. The only reason anyone would go to west tigers is for money. Hence he is a mercenary.

Eels also offered a very decent deal at 450k a year and he knocked it back and then asked around for better prices.

Not to mention he should show a bit of loyalty, eels took a punt on the guy last year and he's only had one good year so far. 450k is a very accurate measurement of his worth and he should've taken it

Let's face it. The only reason anyone would go to west tigers is for money. Hence he is a mercenary.
this isnt sunshine and rainbows its his career and livelihood, that contract offer is pretty insulting by the eels, well below market value, by your logic basically every player is a mercenary if they seek out bigger offers

this isnt sunshine and rainbows its his career and livelihood, that contract offer is pretty insulting by the eels, well below market value, by your logic basically every player is a mercenary if they seek out bigger offers
Take a look at the circumstances before saying by my logic every player....

Its hardly below market value. That's a seriously realistic offer.

I'd say 450 is lowballing him... he was close to the form 2nd rower of the comp last year.

Arthur had him playing 80mins for most of the year.

Going rate for a young 2nd rower that can play 80 and be out shining their marquee 2nd rower (Matterson) would be 550-600 or more.

Riki is probably on $400 with us and that's based on potential. Ipap is worth more than that based on what he showed

Parra were able to get serious value out of him last year, and BA saw enough in him during preseason to have him in the team from rd 1 onwards before promoting him to the starting team.

They had plenty of time to put an offer to him and lock him down, but eels have about 13 players off contract and couldn't sort out their cap position.

Maybe it's just me being realistic about prices.

He should be on 450 but probably would get 750.

He's only had one good year. Could drop off majorly

Maybe it's just me being realistic about prices.

He should be on 450 but probably would get 750.

He's only had one good year. Could drop off majorly
I think he was playing 80 for warriors in his first season as well... think he just fell out of favour as Eliesa Katoa came through.

Would always happen... if you're already based in Sydney then you've got 8 teams to talk to and **** all travel over the course of the year.

The targets are those that are from Qld or want to relocate to QLD, like BSmith.

It's why I laugh when NSWRL flag Gutho as a big target for the Dolphins.... unless the money is huge why would he want to relocate to SEQ

He already said he wasnt leaving Sydney so only an idiot would think he was going to sign for a club in QLD. Its exactly like you say, plenty of clubs there so he doesnt have to move from where he is settled. I actually doubt the Dolphins were even in for him, same with RCG. They have become a handy tool for player agents to bump up contracts.

It just reeks of desperation from the Knights.

I get the feeling they are secretly unhappy with Ponga and what they have paid for him only for him to not quite deliver at the back and this is their attempt to get what they paid for.

Without a proper halfback next to him, it's not going to work and it's only going to end in tears for the Knights. But I get the feeling if this move fails, they might be looking to offload him.

It's been desperation from Day 1 regarding Kalyn Ponga and the Newcastle Knights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Justwin
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Tim K
  • Mr Fourex
  • Galah
  • Nerd
  • broncos4life
  • Foordy
  • Rambstien
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
  • Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • Aldo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Organix
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.