NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is clearly posing for a camera mate, all 3 of them are.

He is in the middle with his arm around each of Gould and Barrett's waist, all 3 smiling in the same direction, it's a camera pose.

even if he was posing ... the images leaked weren't because of that.

they were likely taken for some future PR moves. i'd expect that. it happens frequently overseas ... the big difference is that in overseas sports, players don't play for their clubs for a full season after signing with a rival.

you know, despite the fact that the rules were openly flaunted, the old June 30 "anti-tampering" deadline was better than the current system

They've recruited some lazy players and a coach who doesn't exactly have a track record of turning careers around

And you imagine a lot of these lazy players, being entitled brats as well, will rock into the club thinking they just need to turn up and be successful because of the hype. When that inevitably doesn't happen, it will be interesting to see what happens next.

You got the wrong manchester club. They are man united. Spending lots of money without ever challenging for the title.
I hate to say it but if any NRL club is ‘Man United’ it’s the Broncos - the similarities with a legendary coach / manager leaving & their subsequent struggles..

I’ve even become a quasi fan of Man U over recent years purely because their situation reminds me so much of what the broncos are going through

I hate to say it but if any NRL club is ‘Man United’ it’s the Broncos - the similarities with a legendary coach / manager leaving & their subsequent struggles..

I’ve even become a quasi fan of Man U over recent years purely because their situation reminds me so much of what the broncos are going through
100% this... it's eerie how similar they actually are

Defining characteristics:
- Legendary coach
- Super successful
- Superstar players
- Destination club
- Rich

Unfortunately now we have
- Incompetent board / management
- Flop signings
- Fall from grace
- Lack of success over prolonged period

100% this... it's eerie how similar they actually are

Defining characteristics:
- Legendary coach
- Super successful
- Superstar players
- Destination club
- Rich

Unfortunately now we have
- Incompetent board / management
- Flop signings
- Fall from grace
- Lack of success over prolonged period
superstar players??? please, we are nothing like them in this regard.

With all the success over the best part of 20 years comes a super entitled fan base and there's no question about it, that's exactly what we have here.

Some of the things I have seen about us signing blokes who are going to demand top dollar, it's not even reality.

Ouch. You must love pain. That's some bdsm shit you've got yourself into.

Gutho has re-signed with the Eels ... $2.3 million over 3 years

There is no way they have any money left, let alone another big signing, ther needs to be an investigation if this is true.

When you look at their losses, they would have freed up a lot of cap space.

Quite a few of their signings would be cheap, another couple are being subsidized by other clubs. It's not hard to believe they could fit all of the players under the cap.

When you look at their losses, they would have freed up a lot of cap space.

Quite a few of their signings would be cheap, another couple are being subsidized by other clubs. It's not hard to believe they could fit all of the players under the cap.

Nope I don't buy that for a second. Almost everyone they've picked up aside from Dufty were either in demand / or they paid too much to attract players. They have paid overs for all of Cotric (marquee money), Addo-Carr (marquee money), Allen, Kikau (marquee money), TPJ (marquee money), Burton (marquee money). This doesn't include Flanagan, Vaughan and Naden who wouldn't have come cheap either. So now we are just throwing in one of the best 9s in the game as well and we're all good? Nope.

superstar players??? please, we are nothing like them in this regard.
In terms of legacy... ie. Lockyer, Petero, Webke, Renouf, Tallis, etc.

I would say Man U arent really stacked for superstars compared to their best years when they pick up the best and have them playing at their best; Beckham, Giggs, Scholes, Vidic, Rio, CR7 (prime), Rooney, etc.

They've fallen off a cliff in terms of players in the team being considered world best.

CR7 (bought back this year), but apart from him it's Pogba, Rashford, etc. not really living up to their paycheck (in terms of other super teams Bayern, etc.)

Broncos are very similar where we havent really had a superstar top 5 player in the league since Lockyer... but we used to be majority rep players

Nope I don't buy that for a second. Almost everyone they've picked up aside from Dufty were either in demand / or they paid too much to attract players. They have paid overs for all of Cotric (marquee money), Addo-Carr (marquee money), Allen, Kikau (marquee money), TPJ (marquee money), Burton (marquee money). This doesn't include Flanagan, Vaughan and Naden who wouldn't have come cheap either. So now we are just throwing in one of the best 9s in the game as well and we're all good? Nope.

Arent they chipping in for DWZ as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.