NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robson seems so under rated imo. I think he is a terrific hooker.

If the Cows don’t want him, that seems to confirm he is a good player, Payten is showing himself to be pretty out of depth unfortunately.

Smith looking likely to sign for the Rorters, which doesnt surprise me. I think thats actually the biggest blow to the Dolphins so far if it happens.

Smith looking likely to sign for the Rorters, which doesnt surprise me. I think thats actually the biggest blow to the Dolphins so far if it happens.

As soon as the Roosters wanted him, he was always going there. Then, once the inevitable round of golf happened and Smith realised how amazingly good at golf he suddenly is and that he just cannot lose a bet no matter how poorly he plays, the ink was on the contract.

For anyone interested this is him talking about each clubs pitch to him. Found it interesting how clubs go about their business.

Definitely lock in the Roosters by the looks of it.

Yeh smith was certainly not the type of player I wanted around the club. So I see it as a bonus that his dodgy character and polarising traits are being dropped on the rorters.

The fact it weakens the storm’s playing card too is more grist for the mill.

For anyone interested this is him talking about each clubs pitch to him. Found it interesting how clubs go about their business.

Definitely lock in the Roosters by the looks of it.

FF to around 35 minutes, he's talking about Cameron Smith loving a beer, but none of that other shit (oops) and then realizes he's blabbing too much.

As soon as the Roosters wanted him, he was always going there. Then, once the inevitable round of golf happened and Smith realised how amazingly good at golf he suddenly is and that he just cannot lose a bet no matter how poorly he plays, the ink was on the contract.
I love how the media talked up the round of golf Smith played with the boys to get the rorters over the line for his signature despite it being an open joke in the NRL community for years. If it's (the golf bets) actually happening then the rorters/ media don't even care how blatant it is.

EDIT: I hope the storm drop him to reserve grade or play him off the bench for 10 minutes. They're the only club with the balls to do it.

Be interesting to hear some of those discussions around setting them up outside of footy and where the line is drawn around promising players financial gain outside of the cap. Hmmm
Yeh very good point. Something like “ yeh we all get paid unders here bro to make the cap look clean for the auditors, but once you finish bro…shit then the money starts to flow in. I mean I’m talking brand new apartments off the spec worth over the mil and straight lines into job lines that get subbed an extra couple of hundred thou a year bro and I mean that’s just the start. The ‘advice’ we get into share portfolio setup and business investments are just insane man’

Yeh very good point. Something like “ yeh we all get paid unders here bro to make the cap look clean for the auditors, but once you finish bro…shit then the money starts to flow in. I mean I’m talking brand new apartments off the spec worth over the mil and straight lines into job lines that get subbed an extra couple of hundred thou a year bro and I mean that’s just the start. The ‘advice’ we get into share portfolio setup and business investments are just insane man’
Remember how jealous everybody was of the Thoroughbreds back in the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.