NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to remember that the Roosters sign guys for way unders and then when they leave / retire, they were on overs, so they have money from:

Friend (800k)
Cordner (2 million)
Fitzgibbon (3 million due to inflation)
Ricketson (4 million see above)
Beetson (18 million see above)
Flanagan (1.5 million)
Liu (900k)
The Morri (15 million each)

On top of that, let's not forget their players just love the club, so all of these guys signed for way unders just due to lolalty:

Manu (300k)
Suaalii (150k and a small sign on bonus)
B.Smith (350k)
Crichton (200k)
Momirovski (10k)
Walker (5k and a weekly hair treatment)
JWH (is playing for match payments)
Radley (Is paying the Roosters for the privilege of playing for them)
Tedesco (plays for free)
Keary (Is still being paid compensation by Russell Crowe)
Collins (Paul White signed a contract that means the Broncos pay for him in perpetuity)

So yeah, totally legit.

unidentified white powder is probably better in bondi

This just highlights another reason why the current recruitment model is flawed. At this stage of the season, we shouldn't even be speculating about Brandon Smith going to the Roosters since that's another year away. We should be focusing on Manu being retained which considering the players the Roosters lost and the players off contract (Crichton, SST) would be easily affordable.

Manu wasn't on a cheap contract before, the idea of him being bumped up another $100-200K doesn't seem unfathomable.

The only outsider they brought in was Renouf Atoni who was a bench player for the wooden spoon side. The other signings are returning players and I'd expect them to take relative unders to return to the club that developed them and have absolutely no issue with it. That's how the game should work, if you help produce talent, you get rewarded.

I rate Brandon Smith but don't really understand the point of the signing from a Roosters perspective. They already have a similar player in Victor Radley and Sam Verrills is one of the best emerging dummy halves in the game having already won a premiership with the club. With Lussick as an option and another year to survey the competition for dummy halves it just seems like a weird flex.

For the sake of the competition, I hope he ends up at the Dolphins.

100% this is what’s happening. Roosters need him this year.
I hope the Storm play hardball.
Also, the Storm being in disarray is glorious. Smith being an ahole, Tui being stood down, Felise on the move. 😏

The Storm will play hardball, Tripp loves to do that.

Everyone walking out on Melbourne, but it's alright, they got Coates.
Couldn't happen to a better club.
Hope Hughes and maybe Munster end up elsewhere also. Then watch Bellamy all of a sudden retire, all apart of the plan of course..

100% this is what’s happening. Roosters need him this year.
I hope the Storm play hardball.
Also, the Storm being in disarray is glorious. Smith being an ahole, Tui being stood down, Felise on the move. 😏
The storm will want a player of equal value. Going off their value system, Luke Keary, James Tedesco and Joey Manu might just get the job done combined for the trade

Fox going on about how the rorters promise to set players up for life after footy and how they treat them to dinners and “games of golf”. The salary cap is a meme.

I don't see why we can't do that too. Salary cap breaches are only ever found out if someone dobs on the club. Clubs need to complain about the Roosters loudly, or join them

I don't see why we can't do that too. Salary cap breaches are only ever found out if someone dobs on the club. Clubs need to complain about the Roosters loudly, or join them
This seemed like something that we used to do until White came and burnt everything to the ground. Hopefully DD starts focusing on on getting the right businesses around the club.

I would usually be one of the first to have a dig at the Roosters and their sombrero program regarding recruitment and retention but actually I think they'd have a bit of excess to play with given they lost the Morris brothers, Cordner, Friend.. that's 4 rep players right there

I think what's going on at Canterbury deserves the attention at the moment, how they're not over the cap with what they've gone out and bought has me beaten

I would usually be one of the first to have a dig at the Roosters and their sombrero program regarding recruitment and retention but actually I think they'd have a bit of excess to play with given they lost the Morris brothers, Cordner, Friend.. that's 4 rep players right there

I think what's going on at Canterbury deserves the attention at the moment, how they're not over the cap with what they've gone out and bought has me beaten
Don't forget when the Roosters signed the Morris brothers how all the media said they signed up for minimum salary to play together and have one last shot at a premiership.

The Morris brothers were on 200-250k each going by reports, so just about minimum wage replacements.

Friend would have been on 400k. SST was always reported as amazingly, a 350-400k signing, Cordner I'd imagine 700-800k at most.

Signing B Smith, is believable but not much left after that given they had to upgrade Walker, Tedesco, Collins, to name a few.

Fox Sports: ‘Livid’ Storm could cut ties immediately in sour twist to Smith blindside. https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/5dbefac47ac57ee9c0a654526e07cdee

Well colour me shocked!! Also, choice quote...

"The Storm could release Smith from the final year of his contract and let him join the Roosters immediately. However, it’s unclear whether the Roosters have the salary cap space to accommodate him immediately."

I'll take that bet. Some poor fucker at that club is about to return a positive sample of some sort.

“I can’t explain it … like I went and golfed with Jared, Aubo and Friendy, and Nick Politis was ringing them. He is over in LA on a business trip at the moment and he is ringing them up just to see how they are."

Haha of course he did Brandon, of course he did, you just 'happened' to be there when he called.

Also I love it when one dodgy club does dodgy stuff on another dodgy club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• marw
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.