NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
'They even did a presentation bro, I was blown away' - Confirmed, Seibold works at the Roosters!

Well colour me shocked!! Also, choice quote...

"The Storm could release Smith from the final year of his contract and let him join the Roosters immediately. However, it’s unclear whether the Roosters have the salary cap space to accommodate him immediately."

I'll take that bet. Some poor fucker at that club is about to return a positive sample of some sort.
Sam Verrills would be concerned right about now.

If I were the Dolphins, I'd be on the phone.

should we also be on the phone?

I know Verrills was highly touted once. can't say i've seen too much of him though, my time spent watching rugby league has been seriously reduced the last 2 years

should we also be on the phone?

I know Verrills was highly touted once. can't say i've seen too much of him though, my time spent watching rugby league has been seriously reduced the last 2 years
I think the rorters struggled at 9 after losing Friend last year.

Verrils and the backup (cant recall his name) were targeted in defence.... can recall Lodge bumping them off all game when we beat them. So them going for Smith isn't a surprise to me.

One thing I did note about Verrils is that his service looks very good... he can get it out to the halves quickly and cuts out several defenders in doing so to give them space.

Storm will now be on the look out for a talented hooker to come in and replace BSmith as their system is heavily reliant on two hookers playing across the 80 to maintain that high intensity.

I think Reece Robson would be an ideal BSmith replacement if he's on the outer at the cows. He's a bustling stocky hooker that likes to get out of dummy half and I think storm could mold him into that small mobile middle forward to combine with Harry

I would usually be one of the first to have a dig at the Roosters and their sombrero program regarding recruitment and retention but actually I think they'd have a bit of excess to play with given they lost the Morris brothers, Cordner, Friend.. that's 4 rep players right there

I think what's going on at Canterbury deserves the attention at the moment, how they're not over the cap with what they've gone out and bought has me beaten
Seeing the claim about the Morris boys being there for base contracts ala 150k or whatever the minimum is, that only adds up to about 350k max and they have signed Momoroski and Watson. Cordner and Friend were on less then 800k a piece if you believe things, the only time players at the Roosters are not being talked about taking unders is when they move on or retire. All of a sudden people start saying, "oh their rep level players they must have been on huge money". The media does not put light on it at all, compare how they spoke about us and Fifita, Kent stated on live tv that we needed to be investigated for salary cap rorting if he stayed, but Manu staying on at the Roorters is just good cap management. They can keep him, Crichton and Collins. Then sign Smith and you watch as the talk about Hass will still continue and when GWH retires they will have the "money for Payne" all of a sudden.

Until the contracts are published this blight on the game will continue. If our club isn't doing the same it should be if nothing is being done by the NRL.

Seeing the claim about the Morris boys being there for base contracts ala 150k or whatever the minimum is, that only adds up to about 350k max and they have signed Momoroski and Watson. Cordner and Friend were on less then 800k a piece if you believe things, the only time players at the Roosters are not being talked about taking unders is when they move on or retire. All of a sudden people start saying, "oh their rep level players they must have been on huge money". The media does not put light on it at all, compare how they spoke about us and Fifita, Kent stated on live tv that we needed to be investigated for salary cap rorting if he stayed, but Manu staying on at the Roorters is just good cap management. They can keep him, Crichton and Collins. Then sign Smith and you watch as the talk about Hass will still continue and when GWH retires they will have the "money for Payne" all of a sudden.

Until the contracts are published this blight on the game will continue. If our club isn't doing the same it should be if nothing is being done by the NRL.
To be fair, Kent was right. According to Kev we were over the cap lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Browny
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.