NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after that they still keep him for the next year. He really made them his bitch. Bit fishy if you ask me, he probably knows things.
What benefit do they get from releasing him early?

What benefit do they get from releasing him early?
I dunno? I haven’t listened to the podcast. Did he not slander the storm from pillar to post as has been suggested?

I dunno? I haven’t listened to the podcast. Did he not slander the storm from pillar to post as has been suggested?

Nah, he spoke highly of the club to be honest. It's just what he said of other clubs, namely the roosters that have made this the issue it is.

He did bring up the drinking culture, but he foolishly brought it up in a bragging sense as opposed to what it really looks like.

The podcast was a pretty decent listen all in all, except he was far too himself instead of representing his club in an interview (which should be expected of any player, regardless of their shitty club).

I did laugh at him praising crypto, saying how his account went from 250k to 320k in a matter of weeks - like that's a relatable situation to the average Joe.

the Panthers have released the following statement re: Brandon Smith:

“Penrith Panthers wishes to address a specific comment made by Melbourne Storm player Brandon Smith which has received mainstream media coverage,” a statement from the club read.

“Speaking on a podcast episode, Smith identified Panthers as an NRL club that had expressed interest in acquiring his services during recent contract negotiations.

“The club strongly rejects this assertion.

“At no stage has Panthers expressed interest in acquiring Smith’s services, and the club has had no contact with the Storm, Smith or his management.”

Penrith’s general manager Matt Cameron labelled it a ‘mistruth’, but without ‘ill intent’.

“While there would be no ill intent in making the comment, mistruths like this can and do have a tangible impact on our club’s actual business dealings,” Cameron said.

“We felt it important to correct the public record on this occasion.”

Hooper reporting that the Sheens and Madge met with Nick Cotric over the weekend and remain in negotiations to organise an immediate release from the Bulldogs

I did laugh at him praising crypto, saying how his account went from 250k to 320k in a matter of weeks
Are we entirely sure this is not another shot at the storm? Honest question I don’t know the context.

Are we entirely sure this is not another shot at the storm? Honest question I don’t know the context.

The crypto part? I don't see how it would be related, but watching the podcast in its entirety he wasn't really slamming Melbourne at all.

I do question how he can afford to throw 250k into a crypto account given he isn't supposedly on huge money, but that's for the auditors I guess.

For me the issues that the media haven't touched on much (yet)are his specific responses.
For example one question was something like "What's Bellamy/Storm like?" And Brandon responded with something along the lines of " Coaches like Craig and Trent are just another level etc etc" referencing the Roosters and Trent when it wasn't even provoked.

He did call Bellamy an "Old Fucker" but in a praising context, saying how when they get to their early morning gym session Craig's in there on the rower smashing himself, and you think to yourself if this old fucker is doing it then you've got no reason to complain.

I'm pretty sure he's fairly close with Craig anyway, since the lollipop stealing joke etc.

Hopefully that helps add some context.

Outside back Jesse Arthars will play for the New Zealand Warriors on loan for the 2022 season.

The 23-year-old will then return to the Broncos for the 2023 NRL season to complete the final year of his contract.

The Broncos wish Jesse all the best for the season ahead and look forward to welcoming him back with more first grade experience under his belt in 2023.

Hahaha, so this is exactly like Kahu (and what could have happened with McCullough) but the club are making it out to be a "loan" instead of an unwanted player being release 2 years early but with only a 1 year deal at the new club.

Hahaha, so this is exactly like Kahu (and what could have happened with McCullough) but the club are making it out to be a "loan" instead of an unwanted player being release 2 years early but with only a 1 year deal at the new club.
I’m not sure it’s quite the same. Ikin re-signed Arthurs for 2 years in August. That’s a very quick change of heart if he doesn’t want him. I think either Isaako (or another back) was meant to leave but didn’t or the opportunity arose and they chose to capitalise on it and use the top 30 spot for someone else.

Sadly still more of an apology then we got from White or Seibold.
We were never going to get an apology from them.
Those two flogs wouldn’t know the meaning of accountability.

They are still patting themselves on the back for a job well done.

there is finally a figure of sorts for the Brandon Smith, Roosters deal. but it does leave plenty of room for interpretation and amendment at a later date.

in the article about the Dolphins chasing SST, Badel says that "the Roosters’ three-year, $2 million-plus bid for the Kiwi Test rake"

so at a $2 million, 3 year deal that means that the Roosters get Smith for around $666k per year ... not bad when the Titans were reportedly offering 800k and the Dolphins 850k per year

there is finally a figure of sorts for the Brandon Smith, Roosters deal. but it does leave plenty of room for interpretation and amendment at a later date.

in the article about the Dolphins chasing SST, Badel says that "the Roosters’ three-year, $2 million-plus bid for the Kiwi Test rake"

so at a $2 million, 3 year deal that means that the Roosters get Smith for around $666k per year ... not bad when the Titans were reportedly offering 800k and the Dolphins 850k per year
Who wouldn't give up 600k over 3 years. Easy choice, Bondi was a shit hole in 1920 so that makes it worth it.

But they set you up for life bro and did I mention the presentation?

I wonder if he filled Robinson's bag with rocks before he left his place......

Isaac Lumelume has landed at Canterbury after being released by the Storm for "family reasons". he was apparently a Bulldogs junior.

unclear what deal he is on with the Bulldogs, but if it is a top 30 someone needs to be released as the Bulldogs have already filled their top 30 roster for 2022.

all that's known so far is a photo emerged on social media of Lumelume at Bulldogs pre-season training wearing a Bulldogs shirt

Train and trial deal for Lumelume
Apparently there is talk the storm are gonna send Smith to the Tigers next year in a player swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mustafur
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • broncos4life
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
  • Scorchie
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.