NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly, betting on either the opposing team to win, or his opposite number to cross the line. One of those players where you'd say "if they weren't playing football they'd be a career criminal" and he's grabbed both careers with both hands.
Why Dont We Have Both GIF

If I remember correctly, betting on either the opposing team to win, or his opposite number to cross the line. One of those players where you'd say "if they weren't playing football they'd be a career criminal" and he's grabbed both careers with both hands.
Also auctioned off his jerseys and other gear for "charity" but pocketed the money.

The Knights are looking to hire Ponga's father, Andre, as a paid consultant with their NRLW team, in a bid to keep Kayln at the club long term. although Knights CEO Phil Gardner claims that's not the reason and he would “sue the arse off” any critics who accuse the Knights of acting illegally or unethically regarding the club’s salary cap.

Phil Gardner says:

“The pennies we are talking about won’t make any difference. We’re talking about the second highest paid player in the game. And we’re talking about something that might happen for $1.50. I think it’s meaningless in what decisions they will make,” Gardner said.

“For anyone to make those sorts of comments would be pretty stupid. They’d be pretty dumb comments for someone to make.

“What we are looking at … he wants to do something long-term but that’s up to the salary cap auditor. So what will happen, if we prove where we sit and can get a team running, he might be offered a position.

“If he is (to be employed), then it goes to the salary cap auditor and the salary cap auditor would decide whether it would be in or out of the cap. That’s the way it works.

“Because of his son, Andre becomes a conflict for us so it has to be approved by the salary cap auditor. That is why it is 100 per cent above board and right. We are doing everything right and any assumption or comment to the negative, I would sue their arse off.”

Andre has been working with the women’s side in a honorary capacity.

“Out of the goodness of his heart, Andre has come along and helped,” Gardner said.

“He had some girls stay at his own home. He has been talking to parents. We are trying to provide them with welfare and support. Andre’s position isn’t a paid position – he has done it all for love.

“He (Andre) has provided welfare and support, not coaching. We have had some huge welfare challenges. He understands the game and understands the role of a parent in rugby league. He has been fantastic for us.

“Currently he (Andre) has no contract and isn’t employed by the club at all. He is helping with the Polynesian girls.”

what are the odds he’s coaching the mens team in 5 years? I love this guy, he should be a tv personality on the footy shows as well.

Coaching the women's team out of the goodness of his heart...yaha.

Phil Gardner sounds like a calm, measured and rational Ceo..

Season 4 Episode 3 GIF by The Office
Good thing he isn't the CEO of the Dolphins, imagine trying to find jobs for family members of every player they intend to sign.

The dodgy part isn’t not being paid NRLW staff is full of people not being paid the dodgy part is what are his credentials to be involved?
His credentials are being Ponga's dad

Coaching the women's team out of the goodness of his heart...yaha.
Knights NRLW Team with Daddy Ponga as Welfare coach

Think Jennifer is their captain this year as well

Screenshot 20220103 175412 Chrome

NAS possibly moving to Japanese rugby since he's frozen out of the Storm due to his vaccination status

NAS possibly moving to Japanese rugby since he's frozen out of the Storm due to his vaccination status
So he's seriously not going to get the vax no matter what. I don't understand it, but I respect the conviction.
Apparently Japan don't require covid vaccinations to enter the country, so I guess it makes sense.

Starford To’a has been released by the Knights effective immediately and has signed a 2 year deal with the Tigers

Unless Norman is flat broke, I can't see how a player wasted their career after playing the game professionally for 11 years. Especially when they're paid extremely good money for doing so.

Norman won't be remembered as one of the great halves of his generation, but it wasn't fair to have those expectations in the first place.

He was always an enigmatic player with an odd running style that troubled the defence without necessarily being effective. Norman was great at making these half-breaks that would skittle the defence but made it difficult to link up with his support so a lot of promising plays would end there.

By the same token, there were times where Norman could land an inch perfect kick in heavy traffic or time a pass perfectly. He was a great highlights player and if you compiled all those moments it would make for a great package.

I'm glad you brought up his debut @theshed. I remember that like it was yesterday and being really thankful that Henjak was willing to take that risk to find somebody who played like Karmichael. It was extremely risky since Norman was still finding his feet at NYC and was only just starting to find success there but he shocked everybody that night. Of course it came out pretty quickly he wasn't really a natural fullback but for that brief occasion it was exciting to watch.

His tackle on the try line was brilliant .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.